Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Chef idea Mickey`=

It’s an annual passholder preview, only passholders can attend.

CMs can bring friends/family to most previews as a perk of being a CM. It would be ridiculous to say family only, what would you like them to bring birth certificates?

I am an AP and have no problem not being able to bring a guest. They are not an AP.

Just tired of the same vlogger having reign same time as CM's and having big EGO. I'll never forget when a cast member said to a guest the skyliner ain't open to the public meanwhile the guest sees a regular guy holding a camera stick hopping on board.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

Just tired of the same vlogger having reign same time as CM's and having big EGO. If Disney had front row seats for CM's at an award ceremony those CM seats would be taken by vloggers as well. I'll never forget when a cast member said to a guest the skyliner ain't open to the public meanwhile the guest sees a regular guy holding a camera stick hopping on board.
How do you know the “regular guy” wasn’t the cast member. This conversation is quite ridiculous

Disney Analyst

Just tired of the same vlogger having reign same time as CM's and having big EGO. I'll never forget when a cast member said to a guest the skyliner ain't open to the public meanwhile the guest sees a regular guy holding a camera stick hopping on board.

Honestly ... this is a weird thing to be upset about. Come across as pure envy. Time to move on.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why is there even a que for this? I hate to say it but this attraction to me is underwhelming. It’s a good landscape and nice spot to walk thru but the features are nothing worth waiting in line for.
It's new. People want to see it because it's new.

Like a new popcorn bucket.

It hasn't gone through it's life cycle in which people skip it because they've seen it already.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
But who said the rules would be the same for CMs and APs?

Disney allowed Cast Members to bring whoever they wish. There’s no good reason to expect the exact same from Annual Passholder previews - the purposes of CM previews and AP previews are different and they can conduct them how they choose.
I heard AP's were having picnics in the exploration trail.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I love that people immediately dismiss this as a temporary blip but point to similar circumstances with, say, limited-time Figment things and claim they’re clear evidence of his ability to sustain heavy engagement long-term. Not saying either is or isn’t the case, but the confirmation bias is real.
Figment has proven his popularity for over 20 years despite the neglect of management. This walk-through exploration trail will be of limited interest to a lot of park guests. And I don't really think yours is an apples-to-apples comparison, but I understand your point.

James Alucobond

Figment has proven his popularity for over 20 years despite the neglect of management.
His popularity explodes for a couple of days when a new or limited availability thing appears. His ride is a walk-on, though that is admittedly an unfair metric since it’s pretty garbage. Does his meet and greet still draw significant lines even just a couple of weeks out? Genuinely curious as I don’t know the answer, but I haven’t seen continued obvious overcrowding on any streams.

pdude81

His popularity explodes for a couple of days when a new or limited availability thing appears. His ride is a walk-on, though that is admittedly an unfair metric since it’s pretty garbage. Does his meet and greet still draw significant lines even just a couple of weeks out? Genuinely curious as I don’t know the answer, but I haven’t seen continued obvious overcrowding on any streams.
I think the Mr. Toad popcorn bucket in comparison the Figment bucket can help illustrate what HP is getting at. When they announced Mr. Toad would be closing at WDW, people made custom t shirts and held protests on site. 25 years later, the Toad popcorn bucket lasted like 3 months instead of the few days they expected (and advertised).

Last edited:

TP2000

I am baffled at the need (or is it just a TDO bureaucratic want?) for all of this safety warning signage for this.

At the entrance there are four (4!) different shapes and sizes of signs that have different and sometimes duplicate warnings and instructions on them. Why? Then they staff all the signage with an immersive hostess from Moana's kingdom to speak to you about all the signage surrounding her.

Hostess With The Mostest.jpg

But my goodness, it's that big sign behind the hostess podium that really takes the cake. "Magical", it is certainly not. :eek:

Any Disney attraction with warnings about "DIARRHEA" and "SWIM DIAPERS" and "BATHING LOADS" needs a rethink, in my opinion. (What the heck is a "bathing load"?) It's almost too bad they couldn't get Imodium as a corporate sponsor.

Are You Sure You Want To Do This.jpg

Incomudro

I am baffled at the need (or is it just a TDO bureaucratic want?) for all of this safety warning signage for this.

At the entrance there are four (4!) different shapes and sizes of signs that have different and sometimes duplicate warnings and instructions on them. Why? Then they staff all the signage with an immersive hostess from Moana's kingdom to speak to you about all the signage surrounding her.

View attachment 745533

But my goodness, it's that big sign behind the hostess podium that really takes the cake. "Magical", it is certainly not. :eek:

Any Disney attraction with warnings about "DIARRHEA" and "SWIM DIAPERS" and "BATHING LOADS" needs a rethink, in my opinion. (What the heck is a "bathing load"?) It's almost too bad they couldn't get Imodium as a corporate sponsor.

View attachment 745535
Blame the current day US litigious society for this.
You can't buy a bucket, or plastic bag without a warning on it.
Vehicles will soon have "Check for your children before exiting" messages in them if the don't already.

Epcot82Guy

View attachment 745533

View attachment 745535

Those are usually required for water play areas. This is much like what you would see at a splash pad or the like. The corporate lawyer in me is guessing Disney Legal saw the possibility of the classification, so they required signage accordingly.

The others are more about actual communication and relevant warnings IMHO.

MrPromey

Blame the current day US litigious society for this.
You can't buy a bucket, or plastic bag without a warning on it.
Vehicles will soon have "Check for your children before exiting" messages in them if the don't already.
Mine does if it senses something that creates movement in the back seat using an ultrasonic sensor after it's turned off and the driver's door is opened it makes a sound and throws something up on the dash console.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom