Journey into Imagination - Martins Complete Ultimate Tribute

trainplane3

FYI everyone:
Capture.PNG

Source: https://twitter.com/MartinsVids/status/925117597598789635

trainplane3

Last time bumping this, I swear! As of right now it isn't on Youtube, but the torrent is up.
- The audio of the phones ringing would drive me insane if I had to work that ride (hold please, Hold Please, HOLD PLEASE *RINGRINGRING*)
- A fan at 10:36 into the video?
- No jumping in front of the CMs this time? (That was a fun mention in the old version of this video)
- I understand the turntable was far ahead of its time. Could it be returned to service if they wanted to extend the ride? Or is it completely sealed in and impossible to move again?
- Isn't it scary how this is going to be around longer then V1?
- Still hoping whatever is next for the pavilion isn't some lazy movie IP stuck in there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last time bumping this, I swear! As of right now it isn't on Youtube, but the torrent is up.
- The audio of the phones ringing would drive me insane if I had to work that ride (hold please, Hold Please, HOLD PLEASE *RINGRINGRING*)
- A fan at 10:36 into the video?
- No jumping in front of the CMs this time? (That was a fun mention in the old version of this video)
- I understand the turntable was far ahead of its time. Could it be returned to service if they wanted to extend the ride? Or is it completely sealed in and impossible to move again?
- Isn't it scary how this is going to be around longer then V1?
- Still hoping whatever is next for the pavilion isn't some lazy movie IP stuck in there.
Bump away :)

The 1983 turntable is pretty much sealed up now. The base ring is mostly still intact including drive motors but has been cut, gutted, had its guts removed, had conduit and pipes drilled all over it, flooring stuck on top of it... you get the idea.

trainplane3

Bump away :)

The 1983 turntable is pretty much sealed up now. The base ring is mostly still intact including drive motors but has been cut, gutted, had its guts removed, had conduit and pipes drilled all over it, flooring stuck on top of it... you get the idea.
So it's almost a case of, if they REALLY REALLY wanted to (and had the budget) it could move again. But it's extremely unlikely it ever will. All that work to get it to "work" in the first place. I can't blame Tony/Tom Morris for being sour over the current ride. I'm surprised the drive motors are still there honestly, unless they're too big to remove easily.

It'd still be neat to have the turntable section return even without it rotating, possibly as a finale?. At least the ride would be wouldn't be as short as it is now (and hopefully would be better).

brb1006

You know what, I actually wouldn't mind Figment's current voice if it wasn't so obnoxious and still kept his original personality and charm from the original. At times it feels like I'm in the middle of an edutainment show geared toward toddlers and Figment feels like something from a Tex Avery or Looney Tunes short.

Cmdr_Crimson

You know what, I actually wouldn't mind Figment's current voice if it wasn't so obnoxious and still kept his original personality and charm from the original. At times it feels like I'm in the middle of an edutainment show geared toward toddlers and Figment feels like something from a Tex Avery or Looney Tunes short.

You do realize that is Muppeteer Dave Golez the voice of Gonzo Right?
latest

Now How do you Feel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom