1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Journey into Imagination - Martins Complete Ultimate Tribute

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by mergatroid, Sep 9, 2017.

1. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

"Rommel, I read your blankity-blank book!"

2. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Active Member

Fantastic video! Whatever happened to "The Dreamship"? I seem to remember seeing it on an auction site many years ago? It wasn't cheap...

marni1971 likes this.
  3. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Active Member

One of them is currently at mousegear at innoventions. I hope disney keeps it around after innoventions goes to disney heaven.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alice a and brb1006 like this.
  4. jgj123

jgj123 Active Member

Thanks so much for this

marni1971 likes this.
  5. LongballMG

LongballMG Active Member

It's always a joy to see Ron in "Dreamfinder Run"

brb1006 likes this.
  6. Sandurz

Sandurz Active Member

I'd tried to find video to get a good idea of what the original used to be like after hearing how awesome it was forever and ever, and nothing really gave me a good understanding of what was there. So to have it laid out so clearly and with so much detail, I get it now. Man what a loss. Even just the bare minimum of how much ride time we lost, nevermind narrative and content changes - it's insane how much of the ride track and building they willingly gave up to either the new queue or just abandoned. Great job as always Martin!

Tahu, marni1971 and Po'Rich like this.
  7. Calm Down Rover

Calm Down Rover Active Member

Have another belated "thank you!" While I can get why some may prefer TT to WoM or even M:S to Horizons, the sharp nosedive in quality at the Imagination pavilion is undeniable and indefensible. The original ride was massive, detailed, inspirational, and downright adorable. And thanks for including Magic Journeys, I had never watched it in full before! I couldn't stop smiling during that unused "preview" introduction with Dreamfinder.

I'm looking forward to part 2, "Imagination Sans Figment" was the first version I rode and it was certainly... an experience.

marni1971 and brb1006 like this.
  8. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Thanks all :)

brb1006 likes this.
  9. ABQ

ABQ Well-Known Member

I think that's the first glimpse I've ever gotten of the Kodak lounge area. Either in what I assume is the current cubicle farm layout that it's used for now or the earlier Kodak era with all the couches and such.

10. danyoung56

danyoung56 Well-Known Member

The current version of Imagination is tied for me with Stitch in being attractions that actually make me angry. I remember back when, thinking that Imagination wasn't my favorite of the big AA type shows. But it didn't make me angry like the current version does. It's just such a waste of technology and story telling.

Martin, I have yet to watch the video, but I'm sure it'll be excellent.

11. Musical Mermaid

Musical Mermaid Member

@marni1971 Excellent video as always! These videos make me feel nostalgic about all these great attractions that existed when I was a child. I'm so glad cellphones weren't everywhere then. You had your friends and family and the park to provide a great experience without turning to the distractions of the outside world. I don't think I ever saw Magic Journeys at Epcot, but I did at Magic Kingdom and all I could remember about that was getting scared by a witch.

marni1971 likes this.