Journey Into Imagination Butterfly

gwhb75

It's a pretty simple effect. Basically, the side you first see of the cage has half a butterfly and a mirror. Because a butterfly is a symmetrical animal, the reflection in the mirror makes it look like the butterfly is a complete animal. Once you pass the cage, you are looking at the other side, which has only half a bar and a mirror. The mirror reflection looks like it is still the complete bar, but without the butterfly. The two mirrors are back to back. Because the outside cage is continuous, you don't notice that there are actually two back to back mirrors, giving the illusion that the butterfly disappears. Additionally, both of the bars are moving at the same speed, so your brain really sees it as one image.

Hopefully that makes sense.

LIES.....it's all pixie dust, wizardry and imagination. Mirrors and a symmetrical butterfly? I think not. Good day.

AllyInWonderland

Worked up? Seriously? I am hardly worked up over it. I just stated that they changed his personality from a lovable, innocent to a sometime obnoxious, smart a$$. I'm to old to care personally, but, Figment was a really good image for kids and now not so much. That's all! His wide eyed innocence was one of the reasons for his popularity amongst kids of all ages.
That is exactly how I feel about it. The innocent Figment left with Dreamfinder.

Rob562

And shockingly it's from the even-worse version two!

I actually think it was better presented in version 2... I seem to recall there being more to look at in the scene, and you saw the empty side first. So you saw the empty cage, got visually distracted and looked elsewhere, and when you looked back....*bam* there's a freakin' giant butterfly!

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I actually think it was better presented in version 2... I seem to recall there being more to look at in the scene, and you saw the empty side first. So you saw the empty cage, got visually distracted and looked elsewhere, and when you looked back....*bam* there's a freakin' giant butterfly!

-Rob
Yep :)

FigmentJedi

I guess, but, would it have the intended message of Figment being a little mischievous critter? Before you say anything that is a bad personality they gave him and directly in contrast to the original Figment. :(
If Eric Idle burst into your house, destroyed all your possessions, threw your parents out while claiming to be your new dad, and then took a steaming dump on the ideals that were instilled in you by your parents, wouldn't you lash out against him?

Figment's in the right rebelling against the Institute. We're just caught in the middle of his Looney Tunes-esque revenge plot.

Matt_Black

If Eric Idle burst into your house, destroyed all your possessions, threw your parents out while claiming to be your new dad, and then took a steaming dump on the ideals that were instilled in you by your parents, wouldn't you lash out against him?

Depends. Is he doing a silly walk?

disney4life2008

I was amazed at the ballroom scene at haunted mansion until I saw its nothing more than a reflection. The doom buggy is on the 2nd floor and right below is a room where the images are dancing. Then there is a mirror reflecting to glass and that is what we see.

Still freaks me out, i love it lol

Brer Oswald

He was never meant to be an "evil criminal"! Why, he was the mascot of the Merchant Marines during WWII? Are THEY "evil criminals"?!? No sir!

He was never meant to be a criminal huh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom