Journey Into Atlantis

DLMAGICDARREN

Original Poster
I just made it to Sea World, a couple weeks ago, and I always knew that Kracken would be great, but what I didn't expect was Journey To Atlantis.

That has to be the most super water ride I have even been on, I got soaked, and ruined some papers I was hanging onto, but it was worth it. I rode 4 times, and was just amazed how a water flume track, can turn into a water coaster track.

I look forward to many more rides on this wonderful attraction! It's awesome.

wdwrules

i agree with you that it is by far the best water ride ive been on. the first time we rode it we had no idea it turned into a coaster at the end. the only thing i didnt like was when they loaded us on they put me and two guys who had two weigh at least 250 lbs all on the left side and then put 3 tiny girls on the right. i was sure we were gonna flip over more than once but fortunatly we made it. awesome ride though.

:cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D

tenchu

But did you actually understand the story? It's not easy to work out that the spirit taking you turns evil. It took me a few trips to work that out.

DLMAGICDARREN

Original Poster
I agree the story is confusing at first, mainly because you are so amazed that the ride is not over after you experiance what you thought was the climax.

But after that shock wears off, it's not to hard to follow the story when you ride again.

markymark

Originally posted by Beauty and the
I'm so glad to hear that others think this is the best water ride in Orlando a lot of peopleI know think I'm crazy to even suggest it:hammer:

I agree too, and at the risk of getting battered by all and sundry on this forum, I think Kraken is the best coaster.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
LOL you are kidding right? ;) I thought it was terrible - an embarassment being in the same country as Splash Mountain.

There are so many problems with it I dont know where to start.

The main ones for me are....
1. The queue area is horrible - like a chicken pen.
2. The actors in the preshow are aweful.
3. The ride vehicles are cheap nasty little things.
4. You can see huge amounts of track and support work as you go around the thing.
5. The so called Rollercoaster segment is not much more than the drydrop in Splash Mountain.
6. The interior show scenes have a muddled storyline and are nothing special.
7. At the top of one of the lifts you can see onto the outside of the park and along some public road.

Its a fairly nice first effort for Sea World, but I would say Splash MOuntain is CONSIDERABLY better in every department. :)

LOL I'll now duck for cover from all the Atlantis fans ;)

TURKEY

I agree with what you say about the ride, but it cool just because of what it is.

I just wish Disney would build this type of ride somewhere. I know that it would blow Sea World's out of the water.

markymark

Originally posted by wdwmagic
LOL you are kidding right? ;) I thought it was terrible - an embarassment being in the same country as Splash Mountain.

There are so many problems with it I dont know where to start.

The main ones for me are....
1. The queue area is horrible - like a chicken pen.
2. The actors in the preshow are aweful.
3. The ride vehicles are cheap nasty little things.
4. You can see huge amounts of track and support work as you go around the thing.
5. The so called Rollercoaster segment is not much more than the drydrop in Splash Mountain.
6. The interior show scenes have a muddled storyline and are nothing special.
7. At the top of one of the lifts you can see onto the outside of the park and along some public road.

Its a fairly nice first effort for Sea World, but I would say Splash MOuntain is CONSIDERABLY better in every department. :)

LOL I'll now duck for cover from all the Atlantis fans ;)

LOL!!! something you feel strongly about then!

I suppose that when I think about it, it is really the main drop that is great!

**sound of markymark shifting to the other side of the fence**

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by markymark

LOL!!! something you feel strongly about then!

LOL yeah i do. I remember when they announced this attraction a few years before they built it. Boy did they hype it!! They were saying how it would have never before seen special effects, full rollercoaster elements combined with water. So I was really into it at that stage. I went to Sea World specifically to ride it, and ugh :( LOL

markymark

Originally posted by wdwmagic

LOL yeah i do. I remember when they announced this attraction a few years before they built it. Boy did they hype it!! They were saying how it would have never before seen special effects, full rollercoaster elements combined with water. So I was really into it at that stage. I went to Sea World specifically to ride it, and ugh :( LOL

Special effects? Where? the face on the urn? not really that spectacular.

I do think the drop is better than Splash though.

NowInc

Sea world rides always lacked decent themeing..Look at Kracken..its a great coaster....on a slab of concrete....

Atlantis..oy..VERY overhyped..im not saying it wasnt FUN..it was..but uh...its no disney ride ;)

TURKEY

I haven't been to very many other theme parks besides Sea World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Tampa, IOA and US, and Six Flags @ St. Louis.

I think that Disney and BG has theming beat at all other parks.

Kraken is a great coaster IMO. However it does stink that it is just on the concrete.

Atlantis' queue stinks. The ride is cool, but theming and effects aren't that great. That aren't even average.

Busch Gardens or Disney could have done both rides TONS better.

What do you think about SW's other ride, The Wild Experience or whatever it is. It's like Star Tours but is a hellicopter over the Arctic or Antarctic?

tenchu

I do think that splash mountain is better, if just for the theming, but journey to atlantis just sort of abandons its story half way through, so that it can throw you about a bit. It never really explains it. Plus, theres no damn cool 'how do you do' music on JTA.

Al

altantis is cool! not as good as splash mt. - but still cool:sohappy:

like someone said, its pretty good for SeaWorlds first attempt!

Ok if u guys were being sarcastic about Busch Gardens Tampa having good theming than haha (not funny), but if u were being genuinely serious than I think you need to OPEN up your eyes on your next visit....Busch Gardens (though fun and enjoyable) is among the WORST themed "THeme Parks" of the popular ones (Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, etc.) That park has many carnival rides/games that barely pass as being themed. Its shows are disappointing and the presentation of the animals don't even compare to AK's. Overall, the park is good for it's rollercoasters and maybe a few of the animals, but the theming DEFINITELY does not compare to Disney or Universal quality.

Rider

I've ridden it twice.

Once durring soft opening just before it opened offically (duh). And the second time just a few days ago. Boy has it changed.

Gone was the q-story and video news reports which set u up for what the story was. The effects have worn away and some are missing.

I'd go into more but I have a lot to do.

Needless to say it is a FUN ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom