'Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar' concept art and construction at Disney Springs The Landing

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Very, very contrived. Besides, Disney Springs is set in the present. Raiders of the Lost Ark is set in 1936, a mere 79 years ago.
Doesn't seem too difficult.
Jock retired to Florida, opened a bar, someone kept it open after he died with his name as a tribute.
Simple, happens all the time, makes sense.

Or we could do a Disney embellish:
After years of flying his friend Indiana Jones around the world on many adventures, Jock took some of the money that was made off of the sale of an ancient Aztek artifact Indy happened to forget in his plane and decided to open a bar in Florida to live the simple life. A fixture in his bar for years, he became a beloved figure with people coming from miles around to hear his stories that no one believed were true. He filled his bar with mementos from his adventures, parts from planes he had wrecked, and letters from his friend Indy. After he passed away, the town decided that his bar must stay open as a tribute to the local legend, and Jock's place stands today as a hangout where stories can be swapped over drinks and eats names after things in some of his more popular tales.

Either one makes complete sense, is theme appropriate, and I came up with in 2 minutes.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Doesn't seem too difficult.
Jock retired to Florida, opened a bar, someone kept it open after he died with his name as a tribute.
Simple, happens all the time, makes sense.

Or we could do a Disney embellish:
After years of flying his friend Indiana Jones around the world on many adventures, Jock took some of the money that was made off of the sale of an ancient Aztek artifact Indy happened to forget in his plane and decided to open a bar in Florida to live the simple life. A fixture in his bar for years, he became a beloved figure with people coming from miles around to hear his stories that no one believed were true. He filled his bar with mementos from his adventures, parts from planes he had wrecked, and letters from his friend Indy. After he passed away, the town decided that his bar must stay open as a tribute to the local legend, and Jock's place stands today as a hangout where stories can be swapped over drinks and eats names after things in some of his more popular tales.

Either one makes complete sense, is theme appropriate, and I came up with in 2 minutes.
I like your back story. I was thinking along those same lines, seems like sort of a no brainer. Which would explain how we were able to come up with it.

jt04

I am not getting my hopes up, the next couple Star Wars movies already have release dates yet they are still dragging their feet putting more Star Wars content in the parks.

Perhaps Imagineering was sent back to the drawing board in the same manner as happened with Hyperion Wharf.

jt04

This, more than anything, is my main problem with them forcing IJ onto this bar. The backstories don't align.

Disagree. What has leaked about Disney Springs (heh) puts the historical background in context with the IJ story. Big win and kudos to the creative team.

Next Big Thing

I can't tell if this is saracsm. There are a handful of new things I'm excited about.
There's plenty of things opening at Disney Springs, the new harambe area and new exhibits/street shows at DAK, Trader Sam's, etc.

That's all small scale stuff though, the key word I used was "substantial". They aren't opening Pandora or starting Rivers of Light this year.

Disneyhead'71

Regardless of the veneer of an IJ theme. The themeing inside looks interesting. And I am not going to complain that much about a new lounge in DTD.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
There's plenty of things opening at Disney Springs, the new harambe area and new exhibits/street shows at DAK, Trader Sam's, etc.

That's all small scale stuff though, the key word I used was "substantial". They aren't opening Pandora or starting Rivers of Light this year.
Small scale stuff can still be exciting. Especially for repeat visitors such as myself. Besides, I don't consider Disney Springs or the new Harambe area small scale.

Next Big Thing

Small scale stuff can still be exciting. Especially for repeat visitors such as myself. Besides, I don't consider Disney Springs or the new Harambe area small scale.
Disney Springs certainly isn't small in actual scale, but what it brings to the table is the big question at the end of the day. Everything is looking good so far, hopefully the rumors for The Edison come through.

The Harambe Marketplace? Yeah it opens up pathways and is a pretty significant expansion of DAK's QS F&B, but it's still just a minor addition. Yeah, it will be a nice hangout spot with a guitarist playing nearby, but it's still small scale in the grand scheme of things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom