Jim Hill talks of potential Harry Potter project

cls4016

I couldn't agree more. Movies did not have anything to do with Disney, and don't see how they could fit into Disney.:confused:

Isn't that the point of The Studios, MOVIES! They belong just as much as Indiana Jones, Star Wars, The Muppets. And in The Great MOVIE ride, You have such "Disney" classics as Wizard of Oz, Singing in the Rain, Casablanca, Aliens, and The Public Enemy (which by the way was made in 1931 when Walt was still making cartoon shorts and had not even started making cartoon movies). Truth is , Disney has a history of getting popular themes into The Studios that are not necessarily "Disney-owned" such as those mentioned above as well as The Twilight Zone for Tower of Terror. What a great project that was! And the rights to Twilight Zone are owned by CBS!

That said, I personally am not a big Harry Potter fan. But, this is what the kids are into now. If you think the opening and hype for Everest was big, could you imagine the insanity that would surround a Harry Potter ride. :lookaroun

Shaman

I love seeing these rumors surface and a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon. It makes for an interesting comparison. It seems that some of the same people that are upset about movie tie-ins from Disney movies, or, heaven forbid, Pixar movies... are the same ones that are excited about a Harry Potter attraction. I don't get it! At least Pixar *IS* Disney. What does Harry Potter have to do with Disney? :veryconfu

It does makes sense for Disney to explore how to take advantage of the Harry Potter franchise. But I think they should utilize their own properties and/or original ideas first. :D

Disney is conspiring to rip Harry Potter away from Rowling....:lol:

I'm all for cool attractions no matter what the source material is....as long as the attraction is good and fits where they end up putting it...:D

Shaman

That said, I personally am not a big Harry Potter fan. But, this is what the kids are into now. If you think the opening and hype for Everest was big, could you imagine the insanity that would surround a Harry Potter ride. :lookaroun

Followed by the uproar of how plain, dull and overhyped the attraction ended up being...

No...no....I don't even want to think about THOSE threads....:dazzle:

:lol:

How 'bout Potter at AK? It would make a great piece for Beastly Kingdom...:lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
It's true...and not all that new.
Look back a few months and you'll see where I mentioned Disney legal in talks with Rowling's people.:cool:

Personally...I'm all for it.:sohappy:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
It's true...and not all that new.
Look back a few months and you'll see where I mentioned Disney legal in talks with Rowling's people.:cool:

Personally...I'm all for it.:sohappy:
would this be a new E ticket for MGM, or possibly something to take over the poohs play area?

Lee

Adventurer
would this be a new E ticket for MGM, or possibly something to take over the poohs play area?

As far as I know it hasn't gone far enough in the process to start picking a spot. It could even turn out to be one of those stand-alone, mini-park things they have been talking about for other parts of the world.

kcnole

It could even turn out to be one of those stand-alone, mini-park things they have been talking about for other parts of the world.

This is the first I've heard of that. What exactly does that concept mean?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Lee

Adventurer
This is the first I've heard of that. What exactly does that concept mean?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Aahhh....hard to say. Nobody's given a real good description that I've heard.
From what I gather, it would be kinda like what they tried to do with Disneyquest: put one in a city as kind of a stand-alone attraction. The park concept would be that kind of thing, I guess. Like if they picked up, I don't know...a Future World pavillion for example and dropped it in Chicago. Imagine a Hogwarts castle in some city with an attraction, shops, exibits...that sort of thing...I think.:lookaroun

the-reason14

The whole disney/HP thing, doesnt really sit well in my stomach. Im not a fan of any of the movies, and while I can see it, whatver it is be it attraction ride or whatever, would be extremely popular, I just wouldnt want to see it. I can see it fitting in the studious since they already have star tours and indy, so it can possibly go well there, but anywhere else would seem kinda forced on disney's behalf.

Montu

This is from Jim Hill... i'm just posting what he said.. take it how you want it :lookaroun

... Disney officials very quietly began talks with J.K. Rowling, the acclaimed author of the "Harry Potter" series. And after months of negotiations, Rowling finally signed a letter of intent. Which then awarded the Walt Disney Company the right to begin preliminary development of a theme park-related project featuring the Harry Potter characters.

Without going into details, I can tell you this is absolutely not going to happen.

Lee

Adventurer
Nah...I don't see it that way.

I see no more conflict than Indy and Star Tours in Disneyland...and in Paris...and in Tokyo....:rolleyes:

SGT623

Boy I really dislike that man. Continually stating guesses as facts. There is no release date for the next Potter book. Even though 7-7-7 is a great release date for the 7th book, he is stating it as fact when it is speculation.

lunalovegoddess

I'd like to see this happen, but this sort of rumor has been floating around for so long that I take this "news" with a grain of salt... actually, with the whole salt shaker.
~lunalovegoddess, believing in impossible things~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom