Jim Hill and his Night Kingdom is dead???

Timmay

I have no horse in this race, but it's funny that people are so dismissive of him unless he's reporting something that they want, then they're all "Thank God for this news. I hated that idea!" You all are funny folks.

That is because everyone has an ax to grind...everyone.

Great post!!:D

RSoxNo1

Is it just me, or does Jim Hill sound a lot less cyncial on the Magical Definition Podcast than he does in his writing.

Thiger

I concur with the general thought that Jim Hills' posts provides more positive than negative. I don't know about you but I look forward to his posts and while I don't like everything written, some of the articles are really interesting, like Historical and business related.

So what if the 'top ears' changed their minds about night kingdom? I mean, how many times at your job do things change/stall/evolve? All the time.

While yes the economy is really bad right now and certain things are being revised in order to keep disney going strong (ie closure of PI) I'm sure there are a lot of interesting and fun ideas being worked on for our future enjoyment.

So is it Jim's fault that things have changed? He's just reporting as he sees it and while some news can be frustrating other news is fun to hear and speculate about.

markjohns1

Which idea do we take with a grain of salt:

1) Jim Hill says Night Kingdom is being built

or

2) Jim Hill says Night Kingdom is not being built

??? :shrug: :)
Both! As opshannon pointed out, many dismiss Jim Hill's articles unless it serves their own opinions. If we're expected to be skeptical with his other articles, why not this one?

Seriously, though, I don't have a problem with the content of Jim Hill's articles, Kevin Yee's articles, or anyone else who is constantly berated here. Just like all of the rumors posted on these forums and various other sites, they are not a sure thing until Disney says so, and I will treat them as such.

ImaYoyo

I'm just slightly curious... why would someone say "management" won't foot the bill when 'management' has nothing to do with money and where it goes or why?

Seems like an odd term for a Cast Member that knows about funding to use.

Just curious...

"
Why for? Because management is having seconds thoughts on that proposed "Jim Hill" attraction, and wheather all those nifty effects WDI has planned for this E-Ticket attraction will be worth that hefty price tag.

Hefty price tag you say?

Oh yes, hefty. Take it from this Imagineer-who will remain nameless.

"The problem isn't the great guest reactions that we've gotten at the mockup down in Florida. It's just that management doesn't want to foot the bill for this pricey new ride we came up with it. Which isn't unusual."

So what do you folks think? Would be willing to snag up all that "Wall-E" merchindise Pixar has thought up to get the chance to lineup for a "Jim Hill" ride come summer 2075? Or am I just jumping the shark again?

Liverstealer

I don't know if NK will happen or not. Frankly, I'm not sure anyone knows for sure or not. What I do know is that planning, research and logistics for it are going on. JR along with other members of DAP have visited BGT with NK in mind. The WTC also has a hand in researching what challenges could present themselves to such an endeavor. JHM may have understood the caterpillar, but this little bug has undergone an astonishing metamorphosis. The whole WW expansion would make a whole lot of sense if it goes forward. I wonder if anyone would visit a tree farm instead of NK. I don't claim to know any specifics, but to consider this thing DOA is a little premature. That's all I know and that's all I'd ever say.

EpcotServo

I'm just slightly curious... why would someone say "management" won't foot the bill when 'management' has nothing to do with money and where it goes or why?

Seems like an odd term for a Cast Member that knows about funding to use.

Just curious...

"

Wait, I'm confused...are you...

A: Saying that I'm a Cast Member who is responding to why Night Kingdom won't be bulit.

B:joking

Because my post was just a parody of a Jim Hill article.

guess it's pretty realistic!
:lol:

:wave:

ImaYoyo

Wait, I'm confused...are you...

A: Saying that I'm a Cast Member who is responding to why Night Kingdom won't be bulit.

B:joking

Because my post was just a parody of a Jim Hill article.

guess it's pretty realistic!
:lol:

:wave:

.... and I'll take "B" for 400 Alex...

Legacy

*whew* Thank god, it was a terrible idea. :dazzle:

You hardly knew anything about the idea!

"It's a terrible idea for Disney to build a park that cost $300 dollars to go to."

Discovery Cove is doing WONDERS for Seaworld. Disney wants in on that.

People need to read instead of simply saying, "Oh, that's Jim Hill. He's a moron so I'm not going to listen to a single thing he says."

dxwwf3

First off, glad to hear Night Kingdom is dead for the moment. And yes Jim Hill is great on the Magical Definition Podcast, as well as his site. But he's even better on podcasts.

Legacy

The thing is...Jim Hill usually is a moron.:lol:

So, is he wrong here to?

If he's wrong here than everyone who is so excited is excited over nothing. If he's right here, than he was right before and all the people who said that he was full of it are wrong.

Personally, considering I had heard of stuff supporting the Night Kingdom concept prior to Jim mentioning it, I know he was right. He's probably right here, too.

So, guess what.

He's not a moron.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom