Jim Hill and his Night Kingdom is dead???

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
Be still my heart... Seriously, No way! Mr. Hill taking back his "inside knowledge" say it ain't true...

Taken from the website of JIM...

"And as for those of you who are now counting on "Night Kingdom" as being the Adventurers Club's savior ... Well, I guess I should mention that WDW's answer to Discovery Cove is being reconsidered. Not because of what's going on with the economy or with gas prices. But -- rather -- because Bob Iger himself was reportedly concerned with this project's mix of elements. Which is why the Imagineers are now revisiting their original concept for Disney World's niche park.

Given how competitive the Walt Disney Company is (You don't honestly believe that it's a coincidence that Disney World officials revealed their plans to add a giant tethered balloon attraction to Downtown Disney the very same week that the Great Orlando Wheel was announced, do you?), I have no doubt that the Mouse will eventually circle back around to "Night Kingdom." I mean, SeaWorld makes far too much money off of Discovery Cove for Mickey not to get into the niche park business.
But from what I've been hearing, "Night Kingdom" 's firm 2012 opening is now far from firm. Which is why it may be a mistake to pin one's hopes on this niche park eventually becoming the Adventurers Club's new home."

Disney probably knew about PI closing last year. Im sure they have some sort of bean counter that their only job is looking at PI. So why didnt Jimmy know about Night Kingdoms fate until now??? Oh well hopefully night kingdom is officially dead, i mean unoffically. Whatever... The idea sucked anyway.

...Unless you will be able to zipline from the 300 ft balloon over the mountain at night kingdom and land in a swamp filled with florida alligators as you try to navigate the island from the tv show lost, while eating unlimited amounts of food for $300 dollars.

EpcotServo

Why for? Because management is having seconds thoughts on that proposed "Jim Hill" attraction, and wheather all those nifty effects WDI has planned for this E-Ticket attraction will be worth that hefty price tag.

Hefty price tag you say?

Oh yes, hefty. Take it from this Imagineer-who will remain nameless.

"The problem isn't the great guest reactions that we've gotten at the mockup down in Florida. It's just that management doesn't want to foot the bill for this pricey new ride we came up with it. Which isn't unusual."

So what do you folks think? Would be willing to snag up all that "Wall-E" merchindise Pixar has thought up to get the chance to lineup for a "Jim Hill" ride come summer 2075? Or am I just jumping the shark again?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I still find this funny how people keep mentioning Jim Hill like it was his idea...but it was mentioned in a few places several WEEKS before Jim Hill spoke of it.

GymLeaderPhil

Why for? Because management is having seconds thoughts on that proposed "Jim Hill" attraction, and wheather all those nifty effects WDI has planned for this E-Ticket attraction will be worth that hefty price tag.

Hefty price tag you say?

"The problem isn't the great guest reactions that we've gotten at the mockup down in Florida. It's just that management doesn't want to foot the bill for this pricey new ride we came up with it. Which isn't unusual."

So what do you folks think? Would be willing to snag up all that "Wall-E" merchindise Pixar has thought up to get the chance to lineup for a "Jim Hill" ride come summer 2075? Or am I just jumping the shark again?
That's quite hefty.

Mufasa's Pride

Hefty price tag you say?

Ha! Great post EpcotServo! That is EXACTLY how EVERY post Jim Hill has ever made sounds like!

AEfx

Hefty price tag you say?

/nominate post of the year :)

AEfx

MousDad

Night Kingdom has been discussed and the rumors confirmed throughout the Disney web world; Jim Hill is not the only one who discussed it.

'74 has corroborated that JH's articles about NK were factually correct, as well as the fact the Iger is opposed.

A more cogent analysis of the situation, rather than taking the usual glib and (getting extremely boring) shots at Hill, would be to speculate concerning what this change means to Disney parks as a whole.

My speculation is that Rasulo is close to the door. Also, if NK is nixed, I would expect the nationwide boutique park/resort ideas to be nixed also. Both are Rasulo's brainchildren.

The one thing I disagree with Hill on is that the economy played no factor. Sure, it might be directly related to Iger's opposition; but I'm sure the economy is weighing heavily on Bob's mind in all decisions he's making these days. His job (and stock options) depend on keeping the company profitable.

cdunbar

Hefty price tag you say?

2075 yeah too bad most of us on here will be dead by then, I would be 89 I don't think I'll be alive to see that, you might though Servo :lol:

Stupid JHM, I just read that site and laugh

WDW Monorail

Stupid JHM, I just read that site and laugh

Why? It is a very valid rumor. The conditions are perfect to build it. And so many happenings within WDW point to directly to it.

Disney would make a heck of a lot more money if it is built. People say that the economy is bad, the economy is bad. Well, if corporations such as Disney don't stimulate that economy by building, opening or selling new products, then yes, the economy will deteriorate.

It is the corporations that dictate the state of the economy. Without their work, people wouldn't be able to put a slice of bread on the table for dinner.

If it is true that NK has been nixed/put on hold but Iger, then I say get him out of there because it is a terrible mistake.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I may not like the style that JHM presents in at times, but as others have said, his information is far from personal musings. He has a lot of valid information, and if you immediately discount him, you are doing yourself a disservice.

His historical pieces are great reference points for anyone who loves Disney.
I think he deserves a level of respect. If you want to rail on "Disney haters" and real rumormongers...there are a number of folks that should be put well ahead of Jim on the list.

opshannon

I have no horse in this race, but it's funny that people are so dismissive of him unless he's reporting something that they want, then they're all "Thank God for this news. I hated that idea!" You all are funny folks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom