JH MuppetVision 3D reopening report

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Great to hear! So far it sounds like a successful refurb.

However, were the pre-show video screens changed at all? Were they LCD?

The preshow displays look to have been converted to a digital format, as there are some compression artifacts showing in some areas where there was noice on the originals. The actual screens appear to be the same, enclosed in a box.

mickey2008.1

Great to here it some much needed work. I cant wait to see the new projection system in action. Love the preshow, glad to see its the same, cant same the same for other preshows.

Testtrack321

If a new preshow was filmed I'd like to see the result, possibly show it alternating with the classic one, or maybe put it in the extended queue whenever that is used?

I actually prefer the preshow to the main show! I've sat in the preshow area (at DCA) just watching it a couple times on repeat - the Cast Member even asked whether I wanted to see the main show because I was the only one still sitting on the floor after the doors opened!

K-E-Are you having fun yet? M-I-T ... That's a college Massachusetts!

hazelrah

It cannot be overstated how awesome the new digital projection system looks. Everything is so crisp and colorful. The days of MuppetVision looking old and dim are behind us.

Yeah, a couple of effects still had some kinks in them, namely the overhead fireworks and the bubbles on one half of the theater. I assume they will iron this out over the next couple of days.

Also, was it just me or did the Bean Bunny animatronic have much more motion than before? I don't remember him wandering around the balcony as much as that.

EpcotServo

It cannot be overstated how awesome the new digital projection system looks. Everything is so crisp and colorful. The days of MuppetVision looking old and dim are behind us.

Yeah, a couple of effects still had some kinks in them, namely the overhead fireworks and the bubbles on one half of the theater. I assume they will iron this out over the next couple of days.

Also, was it just me or did the Bean Bunny animatronic have much more motion than before? I don't remember him wandering around the balcony as much as that.

He's always moved that much, just been so old and not taken care of you couldn't really tell. He was always intended to walk around like that.

Exprcoofto

Thanks for the report. Just curious did you happen to notice if the smoke worked? There are conflicting reports.

hazelrah

Just curious did you happen to notice if the smoke worked? There are conflicting reports.

I think the smoke was there when Sweetums douses the Penguins, if that's what you mean. I can't recall if there are other smoke effects. Nothing that stood out as missing, at least.

Figment1986

Thanks for the report. Just curious did you happen to notice if the smoke worked? There are conflicting reports.

While sitting near the back of the theater I could hear some effects "trying" to work or starting up... the "vacuum" was loud starting up... and this was before the muppet vac was turned on in the movie.

the smoke worked, but was loud when it did!

Those look like LCD screens in those new boxes, not the old TVs

you should see the handicap monitors, doesn't look to be replaced.

primusjim

We saw the Muppets 3D at about 11am Saturday morning. The digital projection was absolutely beautiful. It was bright and vibrant. There were no ceiling fireworks, the "Let's burn rubber!" smoke effect didn't work although you could hear the loud blast of air that's supposed to push the smoke out. The Bean Bunny AA did look great. Did it always have a Wile E Coyote style plunger for Bean to set off the fireworks? I don't remember ever seeing it, and I've seen the show quite a bit.
As for the preshow, mark me down with the crowd that is happy none of the content was changed. The source video looks like it was cleaned up, but some of the monitors looked real bad, grainy or with messed up colors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom