japan show building

roj2323

As I understand it, It's home base for Showready (night time custodians) and possibly a few other things. There's not much to see it's just offices and lockers

horizons82

I've never heard about a Mt. Fuju coaster before...all I knew about was the "Meet The World" Japan show, which I believe was like a reverse Carousel of Progress attraction where the inner stage revolved to show different scenes rather than the audience, and it combined both video and live action. At least this is what I know of it anyhow.

Last edited:

horizons82

I decided to dust off my wonderful Walt Disney's Epcot book--I have the unabridged version that came out in 1992.

Interestingly enough, for Germany the book mentions about two main attractions that had not been completed as of the time Epcot opened. From the book:

"The future River Ride promises to be as enjoyable as it is informative. An early concept has visitors boarding a "cruise boat" for a simulated ride down the Rhine and other rivers, the trip affording a visual impression in miniature of the cultural heritage of Germany's past and the highlights of its present. Among the detailed models envisioned are scenes in the Black Forest, the Oktoberfest, Heidelberg, the industrial Ruhr Valley..."

As for Japan, the book mentions the Meet the World attraction as well. From the book:

"...Audiences in Tokyo and Florida alike will be fascinated by the Disney way of showing them history in a manner they've never before experienced. It's a manner nobody has experienced, combining as it does Audio-Animatronics figures, live-action film, and animated film.

Inside the castle, the audience is seated in a rotating carousel theater, which will revolve in front of the four stages, each presenting a chapter of the story of Japan."

Interesting stuff...and glad I read it again to realize the theater did revolve. It must have been the inclusion of the live video that I was thinking in how it was different from CoP.

The book also mentions Africa as being a country slated to go into the World Showcase, complete with its own attractions and a film with a pre-show.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, where else would Disney keep all of their artifacts to bring people to the parks?
wds-wdarchiveslogo-aug2010.jpg

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I will take that awesome Biergarten with its buffet over a ride any day. The scenery in the Biergarten is just as good as any ride scenery with the night sky scenery, no line, you can soak in the scenery unlike some ride and there's awesome food :). Can't get any better then that.

lazyboy97o

I will take that awesome Biergarten with its buffet over a ride any day. The scenery in the Biergarten is just as good as any ride scenery with the night sky scenery, no line, you can soak in the scenery unlike some ride and there's awesome food :). Can't get any better then that.
What? The Biergarten did not replace the Rhine River Cruise.

The Empress Lilly

I love that Biergarten too! But it can get better: the original plans had you unload near the Biergarten. Germany would've had both the garden and the ride.

Sadly, with the ousting of Walker and the new Hollywood boys taking over, EPCOT would never finished. WS would not be developed into a ride park (every pavilion was going to have some attraction), but into a boozefest / m&g park. :arghh:

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

It can get better: the original plans had you unload near the Biergarten. Germany would've had both the garden and the ride.

Sadly, with the ousting of Walker and the new Hollywood boys taking over, EPCOT would never finished. WS would not be developed into a ride park (every pavilion was going to have some attraction), but into a boozefest / m&g park. :arghh:
Maybe since Disney's Pinocchio has Alpine influences we could hope for an all new ride where Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket show us around the types of places that inspired the look of that film!

The Empress Lilly

Maybe since Disney's Pinocchio has Alpine influences we could hope for an all new ride where Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket show us around the types of places that inspired the look of that film!
And then the characters from the upcoming Pinocchio II: Finding Figaro can show us the same in Italy! We could have an entire Pinocchio's Playful Playground as a new WS land inbetween Germany and Italy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom