1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

January Boardwalk Refurb

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club' started by toolsnspools, Aug 24, 2016.

1. toolsnspools

toolsnspools Well-Known Member

I'm booked at the Boardwalk for January 22 - 27 and just received the notice of ongoing construction during our visit. It's a form letter (of course) so there are no details about the refurbishment, but figured I'd pass along the info. I did a search for Boardwalk refurb and looks like the last one was in 2009, so it's about time.

2. mouse_luv

mouse_luv Well-Known Member

From what I've heard it's the Inn side of the Boardwalk Resort bc the Dvc side has gotten refurbed already. They have to send a form letter to everyone in case your Dvc room is near where the rooms switch over to regular hotel rooms. They work b/t 9-5

3. toolsnspools

toolsnspools Well-Known Member Original Poster

Cool. Thanks for the info. I'm usually out late and up early while I'm there, so I can't imagine it impact me at all.

mouse_luv likes this.
  4. Tom

Tom Tom Premium Member

We're staying on the Inn side in early December and we just received a letter saying they'll be doing exterior painting and balcony work.

5. Ralphlaw

Ralphlaw Well-Known Member

They've been refurbing the Boardwalk for a year or two already. Yeah, it needs it, but there's debate about whether it's better or worse. Either way, it shouldn't be that big of a deal for your visit. Disney does an excellent job of making such work as painless as possible.

toolsnspools likes this.
  6. WDWtraveler

WDWtraveler Premium Member

Photo update as of Sunday, April 30. The "back lawn" at the Boardwalk Inn has been replaced with artificial turf. Looks really nice and more inviting to families, because you won't get muddy playing on it. Besides all the kids running around, I saw a family having a pizza picnic there during the evening.

IMG_9528.JPG

7. LuvtheGoof

LuvtheGoof Proud DVC Member Premium Member

Looks great! Thanks for the pics!

8. Ralphlaw

Ralphlaw Well-Known Member

Call me sentimental, but I'll miss the mud.