January Boardwalk Refurb

toolsnspools

Original Poster
I'm booked at the Boardwalk for January 22 - 27 and just received the notice of ongoing construction during our visit. It's a form letter (of course) so there are no details about the refurbishment, but figured I'd pass along the info. I did a search for Boardwalk refurb and looks like the last one was in 2009, so it's about time.

mouse_luv

I'm booked at the Boardwalk for January 22 - 27 and just received the notice of ongoing construction during our visit. It's a form letter (of course) so there are no details about the refurbishment, but figured I'd pass along the info. I did a search for Boardwalk refurb and looks like the last one was in 2009, so it's about time.
From what I've heard it's the Inn side of the Boardwalk Resort bc the Dvc side has gotten refurbed already. They have to send a form letter to everyone in case your Dvc room is near where the rooms switch over to regular hotel rooms. They work b/t 9-5

toolsnspools

Original Poster
From what I've heard it's the Inn side of the Boardwalk Resort bc the Dvc side has gotten refurbed already. They have to send a form letter to everyone in case your Dvc room is near where the rooms switch over to regular hotel rooms. They work b/t 9-5
Cool. Thanks for the info. I'm usually out late and up early while I'm there, so I can't imagine it impact me at all.

Tom

Beta Return
We're staying on the Inn side in early December and we just received a letter saying they'll be doing exterior painting and balcony work.

Ralphlaw

They've been refurbing the Boardwalk for a year or two already. Yeah, it needs it, but there's debate about whether it's better or worse. Either way, it shouldn't be that big of a deal for your visit. Disney does an excellent job of making such work as painless as possible.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, April 30. The "back lawn" at the Boardwalk Inn has been replaced with artificial turf. Looks really nice and more inviting to families, because you won't get muddy playing on it. Besides all the kids running around, I saw a family having a pizza picnic there during the evening.

IMG_9528.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom