**It's UNOFFICIAL** The '13 Unofficial WDWMagic Girls Cruise!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I feel the same way. I totally didn't feel guilty about going without my kids or husband until I started packing. Now I feel horrible. I keep thinking my family deserves to go not just me. Guess that means ill be booking us a cruise very soon.
I totally do not see you not having drinks drinks on the cruise. Remember the saying, "peer pressure is a b...h." Lol.
As we plan things I'm feeling a bit of guilt for Tracey. But then he seems so excited for me. And he's having fun teasing me about saving the cool stuff for my trip with my "real friends" (ie. not him). LOL! Thankfully, he'll be joining me down in Orlando for our anniversary cruise so I can focus on that when I feel bad. Now the boys, that's different. I can tell Chandler really wants to go back on the Fantasy with Tracey & me. He's working those guilt angles with skill. "Mom, I just really wanted to be with you guys on the actual 20th anniversary day. It means so much to me." Uh, okay. It'd also mean so much to me if they wouldn't slack in their school so much each spring so they'd actually finish the "year" when they're supposed to instead of...July. 2 years in a row. It'd mean so much to me to have a whole summer....and not feel like the crappiest homeschool mom ever because they lie to me & I allow them to continue to breathe. Vacation inserted during school weeks??? Not so likely nowadays. Ya know? I'm trying to be strong and keep the guilt at bay but its hard. Even when I try to keep the focus the softy-momma in me wants to take my babies by the hand and skip with them right onto the Fantasy on 9/14. But I'm not. going. to. do. it. I'm not!

Kerby626

I feel ya on the guilt esp with the twins. I mean how do you tell two 4 yr olds mommy is going to mickeys boat and not you. If I could link the video of Gabby from May I would maybe @sweetpee_1993 can.

I have no idea what I am gonna tell but the guilt is def there

Mrs.Skellington

My kids are 19, 10, 6 (almost 7), and 5. Then my husband is 40. Trust me it doesn't get any easier to say I'm going on mickeys boat and you're not. Lol. We came up with an excuse that I'm going so I know where everything is for them when they go. So I guess I can't have too many drinks drinks or I won't know where I'm going. Lol

PolynesianPrincess

So excited today ladies!! Mama Dukes got me some new luggage for a late birthday present!! (My birthday was in January lol) It's a 2 piece set and it's HOT PINK!! My favorite!! No one will accidentally stealing those beauties!! lol The best part is, on the side of each suitcase there is a fabulously shaped little compartment, perfect size for a bottle of wine or vodka!! Can't wait to pack my drinky drink mixer!! ;)

Kerby626

Anyone interested in the Graycliff chocolate tour Nassau?

Graycliff Chocolatier – The Art of Chocolate Making and Factory Tour
Duration: 1.5 to 2 hours
Adult Price: $59 (ages 10 and up)
Child Price: $45 (ages 5 to 9)
Ages: 5 And Up
On this tour you will:
Take an approximate 10-minute transfer to the Graycliff Chocolatier at the Graycliff Hotel and Restaurant. Here, you will learn the process of making chocolate – from the bean to the final product.
Take a short tour of the factory where you will see a demonstration of grinding and roasting of cacao beans, mixing the liquid chocolate, filling the chocolate molds and more.
Move to the demonstration room and suit up in your hygienic coveralls. Here, you will learn the origin of regional cacao beans, the importance of promoting fair trade and organic farming and how beans are processed creating the final chocolate product.
Now it's your turn! Graycliff's Chocolatier will teach you techniques for dipping, glazing and filling moulds to create your own delicious chocolate bonbons.
You'll sample a variety of chocolates from white, milk and various levels of dark chocolate.
Leave with a souvenir of your own creations carefully packaged in a Graycliff Chocolatier box.
You will have time to browse the Graycliff Chocolatier boutique, view photos of your tour and pick up your gift boxes before your return transfer to the pier.
Wheelchairs need to be standard size and collapsible; no electric wheelchairs permitted. Guests must be able to walk up and down approximately 30 stairs.
Bags and purses are not allowed into the Chocolate Factory. A storage area for belongings will be available.
Guests who choose to stay at the Graycliff Restaurant will be responsible for their own taxi transportation back to the pier.
Due to limited availability, Guests are encouraged to book early.
Guests are encouraged to bring credit cards or currency to purchase optional extras, such as additional food and beverage or souvenirs.
You should never feel that gratuities are expected from you. However, it is customary to leave a few extra dollars in recognition of service at restaurants, for taxis and for exceptional excursion guides and drivers. It is always up to you as to what you feel is appropriate.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
@Kerby626 , I'm gonna hold off on the chocolates. There's a chocolate tasting I want to do on the Fantasy the following week. I believe they pair them with wines or champagne or something. I don't think they offer it on the shorter Dream cruises (yet).

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I'm sitting here reading all of your posts about feeling guilt leaving your families behind. I know that the first time I had to do it, I felt bad leaving them too. We are going to have a wonderful time and how I dealt with the guilt is I bought them each something special. I told my daughters I had to go for work which was true since it was actually my first Earmarked conference and I was going to Disneyland for it. Talk about the guilts! They were 12 and 17. If they were younger I don't think I would have told them where I was going.... :(

I still need to get a count for how many ill not be taking part in the wine and beer part of the onboard reception and I am hoping that no one has a seafood allergy!

Pam

Disneyfalcon

I'm sitting here reading all of your posts about feeling guilt leaving your families behind. I know that the first time I had to do it, I felt bad leaving them too. We are going to have a wonderful time and how I dealt with the guilt is I bought them each something special. I told my daughters I had to go for work which was true since it was actually my first Earmarked conference and I was going to Disneyland for it. Talk about the guilts! They were 12 and 17. If they were younger I don't think I would have told them where I was going.... :(

I still need to get a count for how many ill not be taking part in the wine and beer part of the onboard reception and I am hoping that no one has a seafood allergy!

Pam

I've got the count so far! :)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
5 weeks from today!

Went shopping today, again! How many pairs of shorts do I really need?:p
Lol! I've stopped myself at 6 pairs of Lilly's. Then there's my denim ones... LOL! I need cute sandals now. Maybe a bracelet or 2. OMG! I got a Lilly necklace that's a big shell medallion but the back of it is.....

....get THIS......

....a BOTTLE OPENER!!!! Frickin' love it!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I'm back! Should be fun unpacking my suitcase, as I'll just be moving certain things out of the case and into the cruise packing pile!

Oh, and I'm feeling downright triumphant, as I didn't gain an ounce while I was away! Bring on the cruise food, I'm ready for it. :hungry:

And in the pile of mail that came while I was gone, I found my DME packet for arrival day transport to Bay Lake Tower for me and @plaz10! Someone with experience help me out--it says to bring the entire booklet, so should I make a photocopy of the whole thing for Jess, and send the original of her barcoded bus ticket, or does she just need her "ticket" and her bag tag?

Disneyfalcon

I'm back! Should be fun unpacking my suitcase, as I'll just be moving certain things out of the case and into the cruise packing pile!

Oh, and I'm feeling downright triumphant, as I didn't gain an ounce while I was away! Bring on the cruise food, I'm ready for it. :hungry:

And in the pile of mail that came while I was gone, I found my DME packet for arrival day transport to Bay Lake Tower for me and @plaz10! Someone with experience help me out--it says to bring the entire booklet, so should I make a photocopy of the whole thing for Jess, and send the original of her barcoded bus ticket, or does she just need her "ticket" and her bag tag?

Welcome back! I sent you an email to answer when you have time! :)

She only needs her ticket and bag tag! Technically she doesn't even have to have those, but it will make it easier if she does.

PolynesianPrincess

Welcome back @Tiggerish !! Hope you had a WONDERFUL time over in Ireland. I was following along with the pics online :) Since you got your DME packet, I'm hoping mine will be arriving soon!! :)

And @sweetpee_1993 and @Tiggerfanatic I went shopping yesterday, too! I came away with 2 bathing suits, 2 dresses, a pair of bright pink capris and a new pair of shorts! Oh, and a pair of new sunglasses too :cool: I've made my packing list and I'm ready to start loading my suitcases up!

Tiggerfanatic

Cleaning out my daughter's closet tonight and came across a dark green Chip and Dale T-shirt still with the tags. Adult size small if anyone wants it I'll bring it along and you can have it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom