It's Tough To Be a Bug

Phroobar

The movie comes out April 15th. They usually run these previews for a couple of weeks after release. It takes them a couple of days to go back to the regular show or they just wait for the next preview.

I bet the preview will still be there on the 20th.

Curious Constance

The first preview to me looked good.

Then once the animals started talking, I lost interest.

I'm getting on my prediction pedestal and saying it won't do that well.

Californian Elitist

The only cartoon-turned- live-action film from Disney that intrigues me is Beauty and the Beast. Ever since I saw Maleficent, my expectations lowered significantly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

I like Maleficent up until she started being good. That being said, I'm still interested in seeing Cruella and the live action Night on Bald Mountain whenever they come out.

Judging by your avatar I'm not surprised! :joyfull::joyfull:

D

Deleted member 107043

HELLO KING TRITON!

120k3a.jpg

Californian Elitist

I like Maleficent up until she started being good.

Exactly.

I'm interested in the Sword in the Stone. I forgot about that one.

The problem with a lot of these cartoons becoming live action films is some of them just don't translate well (from their Disney counterparts), in my opinion. I'm specifically speaking of the films that have darker tones, like Maleficent. Disney just didn't do a good job with the film. They don't do "dark" and "eerie" well (in terms of live action). The straight fantasy films...those are the ones Disney does well, which is why I thought Cinderella was better than Maleficent. I'm hesitant about Night on Bald Mountain, Pinocchio, and any other film that requires a bit of darkness. I'm also hesitant about Mulan. For that to work for me, they're going to have to either take out Mushu and Cri-Kee, or take a good chunk of the comedic attitude away from Mushu and make him more serious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom