It's Tough To Be a Bug

D

Deleted member 107043

Can't they just designate a permanent theater in Hollywoodland for these types of previews? Muppets isn't coming back, so why not just put it in there? Or maybe the old WWTBAM building? With the aggressive slate of films coming from Disney and Marvel over the next few years they might as well turn the previews into a real attraction.

D

Deleted member 107043

Oh OK. I guess I overlooked that news. It would be nice to redecorate the lobby with Disney Studio memorabilia from their recent hits.

Curious Constance

I just saw this yesterday, I think.

From Mouseplanet:

An extended preview of Alice Through the Looking Glass begins Friday, May 6 at Disney California Adventure. Unlike past several such previews that were hosted in the Bug's Land Theater and which forced temporary closures of the "it's tough to be a bug" attraction, this preview is being hosted in the Sunset Showcase Theater in Disney California Adventure.

The former Muppet*Vision Theater has been renamed the Sunset Showcase Theater.

If that name doesn't ring a bell or if you're wondering if you're reading the wrong resort update, that's because the Sunset Showcase Theater is Disney's brand-new name for the former Muppet*Vision 3D theater. As we've reported, that Muppet movie attraction, which closed to make room for the Frozen sing-along show, has been removed from the Disneyland web site. Now that the Frozen show has closed in advance of the debut of the new stage production at the Hyperion Theater, Disney has renamed the Muppet's former home. Bicoastal Disney fans have every reason to be confused, as there is also a Sunset Showcase Theater at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida.

The name change is a good sign that the Muppets won't return to Disney California Adventure in the near future, if at all.

Alice Through the Looking Glass opens May 27.

D

Deleted member 107043

Good riddens Muppet Vision. Now here's to hoping that this theatre doesn't stay a preview center forever and they put a new ride there.

1430325527-miss-piggy-wendy-williams-2.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom