Trip Report It's going to be a magical-why is it so hot-where is the churro cart-as it happens trip report.

Going to try to post live goings on as we spend two days at Uni and eight days at WDW.

Where - Pop Century
When - now (well as soon as we land)
Who - Mrs. 'Matata, son and daughter and Mother in law.

Notables:

First time ADRs at BOG and Nine Dragons.

Daughters first trip after conquering fear of roller coasters.

Sons first trip tall enough to ride everything.

First trip with the FP+, MDE, Memory Maker options. So far have not experienced any glitchy ness.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
While the rest of the group sleeps in, I decided to catch breakfast at the food court. Just a couple of observations about the food court selections.

• No more Mickey Waffles. They have round "Pop" waffles.
  • The breakfast sandwich is served on toast with an egg "puck" vs scrambled on croissant. I believe they make the egg on site as I have had the egg pucks before at other hotels. I think this is more of an efficiency thing than a cost savings thing. It was ok, just like the contrast of bacon with croissant better.
  • The other evening I had the sesame chicken here. It was the chicken nuggets with a sweet glaze. Was not a fan and wouldn't order it again if it's the only thing on the menu.
  • Pizza is good.

bebert

So we are almost done with our first day at the MK. For those wondering about the FPs here is how our day went.

Arrived at 9:30:
Peter Pan (pre scheduled)
IASW
Lunch
Haunted Mansion (pre scheduled)
Big Thunder (pre scheduled)
Tiki Room
POTC (4th FP)
Four hour break
JC (5th FP)
Stitch
People Mover
Buzz (6th FP)
Haunted Mansion (7th FP)
POTC (8th FP)
JC (9th FP)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (10th FP)
That is my kind of day right there, I hope we get that lucky in a few weeks.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Of to DHS for our Star Wars: Rebels FP. Muppets and Star Tours late in the day so we won't get to take advantage of FP like we did yesterday. Probably quite a bit of line waiting for photos. Will be helping to make the Memory Maker more of a value today. :p

Dinner at Sci Fi.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Star Wars: Rebels was a cool presentation. Here are some pics.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

They had some preview footage for season two. Looks like Han Solo will be making an appearance along with more Darth Vader.

jakeman

Jae99

So we are almost done with our first day at the MK. For those wondering about the FPs here is how our day went.

Arrived at 9:30:
Peter Pan (pre scheduled)
IASW
Lunch
Haunted Mansion (pre scheduled)
Big Thunder (pre scheduled)
Tiki Room
POTC (4th FP)
Four hour break
JC (5th FP)
Stitch
People Mover
Buzz (6th FP)
Haunted Mansion (7th FP)
POTC (8th FP)
JC (9th FP)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (10th FP)
How busy would you say it was. We are heading down in early December, so I am wondering how much luck we will have with extra FP's

Jae99

I would say a six on a scale of 1-10. A lot of our extra FPs were done late in the evening.
I am impressed by how my extra FP's you got. Our last trip was last year at Christmas and once the afternoon hit there were never any FP's left. I am looking forward to being able to use the kiosks and getting some extras.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am impressed by how my extra FP's you got. Our last trip was last year at Christmas and once the afternoon hit there were never any FP's left. I am looking forward to being able to use the kiosks and getting some extras.
We are at the MK now. We FP Philharmagic and there did not appear to be as many selections or options. Haunted Mansion, IASW, Pooh, JC and a few others are still available. May be because it's a 3am close tonight. The crowds are lower than what I anticipated for a Saturday. People may come back later in the evening given the late close.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Dinner at BoG was great.

image.jpg

We were seated between the rose and portrait in the West Wing/Room.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I had the lamb, but subbed for the sides that come with the chicken. The crushed mustard seed glaze was superb. Requested the recipe and was asked to provide an email address and was told it would be emailed to me.
image.jpg

They wheel a desert cart right to your table.
image.jpg

We (5) selected the four below. They were all tasty.
image.jpg

Our host ducked into each room periodically but we got to get photos on our way out.
image.jpg

The armor room was cool
image.jpg

We really enjoyed our experience and will do it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom