Trip Report It's going to be a magical-why is it so hot-where is the churro cart-as it happens trip report.

Going to try to post live goings on as we spend two days at Uni and eight days at WDW.

Where - Pop Century
When - now (well as soon as we land)
Who - Mrs. 'Matata, son and daughter and Mother in law.

Notables:

First time ADRs at BOG and Nine Dragons.

Daughters first trip after conquering fear of roller coasters.

Sons first trip tall enough to ride everything.

First trip with the FP+, MDE, Memory Maker options. So far have not experienced any glitchy ness.

bebert

Very interested to hear your thoughts on Pop Century after your trip. I will be staying there for the first time in a few weeks.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Very interested to hear your thoughts on Pop Century after your trip. I will be staying there for the first time in a few weeks.
Remind me when we get done but so far we have had no issues. Room nice and cool and clean and they have done a good job of enforcing pool hours (we are pool facing so I thought it might be an issue for late night noise).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Today is MK day and we arrived during our FP window for Pan. We then caught a fifteen minute stand by for IASW (photos I will post later). The best I recall this attraction looking in our last couple of trips. AA's all working and none missing that I could see. Early lunch at Pinnochio Haus where I had the Italian Flatbread and it was excellent. Well worth $9.99.
image.jpg

Then off to HM and BTMR FP then trying out the additional FP opportunity for the first time.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
So back at the resort for a bit of a break. Did pick up FP+ for JC for me and the kid and Space Mountain for the ladies in the group. Sure is nice being able to schedule these out.

Here are some pics from this morning.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sorry if the pics are not great quality. They are all from iPhone 6 Plus.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
And on the way out of the park we walked by one of the newer areas in the hub.

image.jpg

This is one of the FP viewing areas for fireworks. Looks nicely done and the turf is not only being used in the hub redesign but I also saw it at the Art of Animation resort in the Radiator Springs area. Count me in the Approve column for this.

Looks like the rest of the area is well under way.
image.jpg

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
And on the way out of the park we walked by one of the newer areas in the hub.

image-jpg.94651

This is one of the FP viewing areas for fireworks. Looks nicely done and the turf is not only being used in the hub redesign but I also saw it at the Art of Animation resort in the Radiator Springs area. Count me in the Approve column for this.
Did you remember to wear your hazmat suit?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
So we are almost done with our first day at the MK. For those wondering about the FPs here is how our day went.

Arrived at 9:30:
Peter Pan (pre scheduled)
IASW
Lunch
Haunted Mansion (pre scheduled)
Big Thunder (pre scheduled)
Tiki Room
POTC (4th FP)
Four hour break
JC (5th FP)
Stitch
People Mover
Buzz (6th FP)
Haunted Mansion (7th FP)
POTC (8th FP)
JC (9th FP)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid (10th FP)

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Then these pics on the way out.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

While we were waiting on the bus back to the resort we decided that our 9:30 FP for star tours was going to come way way too early in the morning so we decided to change it to later in the day tomorrow. Now we can sleep in, still catch ST ( on a SW weekend day) and make it to our 9pm ADR at Sci Fi.

Still loving this new FP+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom