It appears as if Magic Kingdom is the only dry park now

scottnj1966

As everyone has said, MK has always been dry. Walts wishes.

As for drunkin' people. I have only seen this New Year's at Epcot.
No one can really afford to get drunk at Disney. Have you seen the prices, hahahhaa

SyracuseOrange

As everyone has said, MK has always been dry. Walts wishes.

As for drunkin' people. I have only seen this New Year's at Epcot.
No one can really afford to get drunk at Disney. Have you seen the prices, hahahhaa

That's why, as I stated above, I sneak alcohol into the parks. No shame.

Dwarful

I think (and I could be wrong) that the OP was implying that he (or she) was seeing more carts selling beer/alcohol where you could grab and go vs. getting a drink w/your meal. Personally, I don't want to forget any part of my Disney trip so I usually don't consume alcohol...although I might have a drink w/dinner or poolside.

wdw71fan

Just got back from Disney last night.

We all know you can buy beer at Epcot and walk around with it.
Now it appears that you can buy draft beer in plastic cups at DHS and walk around with it. There is a cart that sells soda and beer right outside of the Animation Studio archway and I saw empty plastic cups of beer sitting on the wall in line for Rock n Roller coaster. I remember one cart that sells Yuengling for $6.75 per cup.

I don't know if this is new, but they sell alcohol at one of the sit down bars just outside of the Tusker House at Animal Kingdom.

Let me break this down:

Epcot - Been drinking since 1982 (Considering world showcase, why would you think any differently?)
Studios - Been drinking since 1989
AK - Been drinking since 1998

MK is, and has always been, the only dry park in Walt Disney World.

The Empress Lilly

Too late. Prohibition went out in 1933. I doubt that Disney would reinstate it.
Are you in favor of selling alcohol to minors? If not, then why do you support 'prohibition'?
Or, in other words, not serving alcohol is nothing to do with prohibition, or any other dramatisation.

SyracuseOrange

I think (and I could be wrong) that the OP was implying that he (or she) was seeing more carts selling beer/alcohol where you could grab and go vs. getting a drink w/your meal. Personally, I don't want to forget any part of my Disney trip so I usually don't consume alcohol...although I might have a drink w/dinner or poolside.

I'm not here to discuss what alcohol can do to the brain, but one (or a few) alcoholic drinks does not necessarily make one "forget" any part of their day.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Are you in favor of selling alcohol to minors? If not, then why do you support 'prohibition'?
Or, in other words, not serving alcohol is nothing to do with prohibition, or any other dramatisation.

Whoa....that makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm not supporting prohibition...you seem to be though.

BTW: Double negatives never really help a cause.

NiarrNDisney

I bet Dole Whip is AWESOME with some rum. Mmmmm.

And they are :slurp:
I have snuck a few little bottles in myself :lookaroun

Just so everyone knows here is a list of Bars in DHS and DAK

DHS

High Octane (Next to Studio Catering Co) Tune In Lounge (Next to 50's Prime Time Cafe

DAK

Dawa Bar (Africa), Yak & Yeti Quality Beverages (On the side of Yak & Yeti Local Foods cafe mmm Yak Attacks)

~Edit~ New - Margarita Stand (Near Flights of Wonder)

All of the restaurants have bars as well.

JustInTime

Go figure. Obnoxious people running the thread with the Alcohol debate. I don't drink, but if you're on vacation, more power to you.

mattfusf

Having been in the MK on a number of occasions for private events, I can say it feels really strange to see a bar setup along main street and people walking around with alcohol....just seems out of place there.

Matt

JustInTime

Having been in the MK on a number of occasions for private events, I can say it feels really strange to see a bar setup along main street and people walking around with alcohol....just seems out of place there.

Matt

No, I agree. Keep it out of the Magic Kingdom. But I don't see the issue to the other parks. Like I say, hate drinking but if people want to have a little fun, let them. It's their life/money/vacation.

The only exception I'd be okay with it in the MK is perhaps Wine in the castle.

PirateFrank

My wife and I have had this discussion a number of times....

While alcohol is readily available in the other three parks, there really should be nothing wrong with allowing some alcohol in the MK in limited/controlled contexts. For example, there's no need to have beer/wine carts out in the park. But enjoying a glass of wine while in Tonys for dinner (there's something wrong with having an italian meal without being able to enjoy a merlot) or a beer at Gastons, should not be something that's taboo.

Will that mean there's people stumbling from one beer cart to the other, like in Food & Wine...or there's champion beer guzzlers (like the one I posted in a pic above) walking amongst us mere mortals? Not at all...but having a single wine or beer with a dinner shouldn't be a big deal.

-F

majorrfb

Keep MK dry

The Magic Kingdom is the magical place, especially for children. Alcohol is and should be prohibited here. Let children escape from drinking adults and be thrilled with the magic that is presented there.

Animaniac93-98

Is wine at dinner really that terrible for children to see? Bring it in to TS places at MK I say. At least there people will be more likely to have food with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom