It appears as if Magic Kingdom is the only dry park now

TyrantBoss

Original Poster
Just got back from Disney last night.

We all know you can buy beer at Epcot and walk around with it.
Now it appears that you can buy draft beer in plastic cups at DHS and walk around with it. There is a cart that sells soda and beer right outside of the Animation Studio archway and I saw empty plastic cups of beer sitting on the wall in line for Rock n Roller coaster. I remember one cart that sells Yuengling for $6.75 per cup.

I don't know if this is new, but they sell alcohol at one of the sit down bars just outside of the Tusker House at Animal Kingdom.

Tori

Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios have sold alcohol for as long as I can remember. It's nothing new.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Great I love being around drunk people!

It's nothing any different than when the parks were built.

If you've never noticed drunk people before, you probably still won't. If you have noticed them, you probably still will notice them.

It's all about what you choose to pay attention to.

Biff215

MK has always been the only dry park in WDW. The draft beer might be newer in some places, but the restaurants have always served it at DHS and AK.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The only time I have ever found the "over-indulged" to be particularly bothersome was during the Food and Wine Festival in 2009.
That being said, I think most people know that the F&W Festival on a Friday or Saturday night is bound to be a little raucous. Nobody bumped into me, no drinks were spilled, and I didn't see anyone throwing up in the bushes; so it was all good.

wendysue

The only time I have ever found the "over-indulged" to be particularly bothersome was during the Food and Wine Festival in 2009.
That being said, I think most people know that the F&W Festival on a Friday or Saturday night is bound to be a little raucous. Nobody bumped into me, no drinks were spilled, and I didn't see anyone throwing up in the bushes; so it was all good.

Hmmmm.....I also remember Food and Wine Festival from 2009. It was a bit crazy with large groups that you could here cheering halfway around the lagoon. We didn't stay long that evening.

PirateFrank

Went to the Food and Wine this past fall in 2011. Another father and I walked into the World Showcase looking to prove something. We pounded em at the Biergarten. Got more in Canada, England, Norway, some tequila in mexico.....then we came across this guy walking back to Canada for another loop:

307784_2547971022347_1345966561_2976055_1044262458_n.jpg

We realized, in one very quick moment, that we were amateurs among pros and we decided it simply wasn't worth it embarrassing ourselves!

menamechris

Ya, as others have said. Magic Kingdom is actually the only place on property that doesn't sell alcohol. You can find alcohol at all the other parks (including water parks), resorts and restaurants.

NoChesterHester

Went to the Food and Wine this past fall in 2011. Another father and I walked into the World Showcase looking to prove something. We pounded em at the Biergarten. Got more in Canada, England, Norway, some tequila in mexico.....then we came across this guy walking back to Canada for another loop:

307784_2547971022347_1345966561_2976055_1044262458_n.jpg

We realized, in one very quick moment, that we were amateurs among pros and we decided it simply wasn't worth it embarrassing ourselves!

I fully endorse this post.

Prototype82

I still think Gaston's Tavern should have beer. One per customer at least. If they had a way to regulate it, I think it would be cool. That's not going to happen though, and that's okay. Magic Kingdom has always been that way. It makes up for it by actually having enough rides.

PirateFrank

A neighbor of mine stuffed his kids pockets with those small airplane booze bottles just before walking into the MK once....

I asked him how many bottles he smuggled in. His reply was simply "enough" :lol:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The funny thing about Magic Kingdom being a dry park is that by this summer, there will be three places in the park with the word "tavern" in its name, and none of them will serve the beverages one typically finds in a tavern.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I still think Gaston's Tavern should have beer. One per customer at least. If they had a way to regulate it, I think it would be cool. That's not going to happen though, and that's okay. Magic Kingdom has always been that way. It makes up for it by actually having enough rides.

Everyone gets a drink? Everyone? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom