Islands of Adventure: The Video Game

figmntal95

Original Poster
This thread is designed to work off of jasonflz's Universal Game thread.... and I've had these ideas for a while and I hope everyone will like them.

So, here it is! The Prologue of Islands of Adventure: The Video Game!

Islands of Adventure: The Game

Levels:
-Port of Entry (Prologue)
-Seuss Island (Episode 1)
-The Lost Continent (Episode 2)
-Hogwarts Isle (Episode 3)
-Isla Nublar (Jurassic Park Site A) (Episode 4, Part 1)
-Isla Sorna (Jurassic Park Site B) (Episode 4, Part 2)
-Toon Island (Episode 5)
-Marvel Island (Episode 6)
-Mysterious Island (Episode 7)

Storyline:
The Islands of Adventure were once a peaceful place, all connected with one another, where the citizens of each area lived and harmony and interacted with each other. But one day, a huge earthquake occured, splitting the landmass into separate islands. A large island arose from the sea midway between the islands. Then, thousands of shadows, called Posesseds, sprung from the island, and spread to all the Islands of Adventure. This wrongdoing was brought about by the Possessors, the darker side of the Islands of Adventure. The Posseseds, well... possessed all the citizens of the islands. All but one... the Port of Entry. While the Port of Entry was once part of the Islands of Adventure, when the earthquake struck out, it remained attached to the "real world." Many have tried to end the reign of terror brought upon by the Possessors, but have failed. Until now.....

In the Port of Entry lives the hero. The hero's task is to free all the possessed people of the Islands, unite all the Spiritors, and defeat the Posessors. But, the Possessors have not made this an easy task. They all have deputies, as well as small armies, which will hinder the hero from completing his task. But, with an arsenal of weapons, allies, and the Spiritors to back him up, it shouldn't be too hard.

Possesors:
-Dr. Doom
-Snidley Whiplash
-Lord Voldemort
-Dennis Nedry
-Darkanon
-The Grinch

Prologue: The Adventure Begins

Area: The Port of Entry
Tasks: Find a weapon, boat, and supplies.
Starting Supplies: Wooden Sword, Slingshot, Rocks

The hero must find a weapon, boat, and needed supplies for the journey. To earn money (Schpelburghs) to buy such things, he must carry out tasks for the people of the Port of Entry. Tasks could include delivering packages, catching thieves, or destroying Possessor Propaganda. The hero could also enter a battling tournament in which, if he or she wins, gets double the money he/she bets. But, if the hero loses, they lose money. So, that route is more risky. Once enough money is earned, the hero can buy what they need. The stores found in the Port of Entry are:

-Port of Entry Weaponry
Items: Basic Sword, Basic Bow and Arrows, Basic Bomb

-Port of Entry Mercantile
Items: Basic Armor, Basic Potion Pack, Basic Books

Now that you have weapons and supplies, all you need is a boat. Your hero is walking towards the docks when a few Possesseds appear and attack an old man. You run over and defeat the Posesseds using your new items. The Old Man is grateful and invites you into his home. Once inside the man's house, he learns of your adventure. He realizes what you will need for your journey. You recieve:

Items From the Old Man:
-Compass
-Map
-The Orb

Once you've recieved these items, you make your way to the docks where you can purchase a boat. The boats are modeled after the boats from the Island Skipper Tours:

-Tropic Trader- Built for Defense
-Boatney- Built for Attack
-Samplane- Built for Speed

Note: What is this "Built For..."? Well, the Possessors have some Skippers of their own. Possessed Skippers. And yeah, they'll attack you.

So, you board your boat, maybe get attacked by a few Possessed Skippers, and your compass directs you Northeast. You see the wacky architecture that can only be associated with one thing: Seuss.

ITEM DESCRIPTIONS

WEAPONS
Swords: The Ultimate Close Range Weapons. Use these to defeat enemies up close... and personal.

Bow and Arrows: If you feel like keeping your distance, shoot a couple of these at your enemies. I just hope they get the point.

Bombs: Got a group of enemies? Blow them sky high with a bomb! The results could be explosive.

SUPPLIES
Armor: A full outfit that gives the hero a better defense stat. You can change the colors to match your heroes mood.

Potion Packs: Your lifesavers. Literally. A Potion Pack comes with 3 Healers and 3 Magus. Healers help replenish you health bar, and Magus help replenish your Special Bar, so that you can unleash deadly attack combos, call in backup, and use special powers depending on your sword power-up.... but we'll get to those later.

Books: Reading must be good for you if they have the same effect of these books. Once you read a book, new attacks and special powers are immediately unlocked.

OTHER
Compass: Directs where you are to go next.

Map: A map of all the islands. Once you visited an area, you can view it on the map and even teleport there.

Orb: The Orb lets you communicate with your allies. May not seem useful... but it may come in handy....

figmntal95

Original Poster
Thanks a bunch. I have a feeling this will end up like more of a movie than a video game, but whatever.:lol:

figmntal95

Original Poster
Here's the Riddle to figure out who is the Spiritor of Seuss Island:

"I'm playful, energetic, you can be sure of that, you guessed it, I'm..."

100 Schpelburghs to whoever guesses the answer first!

What is a Spiritor?

A Spiritor is the "heart and soul" of each island. They are crucial to defeating the Possessors. Once de-possessed, they join your party for the rest of the game. You can only have 3 Spiritors out at once, similar to how you have 3 other party members in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and the Lego Games. They help you defeat Enemies. You can activate their special moves by using the D-Pad on the XBOX 360 (the official platform of this game.) If you have a full Magus bar, you can unleash all members of the party's special moves at once. A half Magus bar activates 2 party member's special move at the same time.

I will reveal each Spiritor before I start each new area with a riddle.

figmntal95

Original Poster
Also, I'm intending to have some XBOX 360 Downloadable Content. Right now, I have an idea for a new downloadable boat... Amity 6. The ultimate boat; built for attack, speed, and defense... but that's only because there's a shark that swims alongside it, attacking Possessed Skippers.

Jasonflz

Also, I'm intending to have some XBOX 360 Downloadable Content. Right now, I have an idea for a new downloadable boat... Amity 6. The ultimate boat; built for attack, speed, and defense... but that's only because there's a shark that swims alongside it, attacking Possessed Skippers.

:D Really Cool!

figmntal95

Original Poster
Oh! I forgot something else. Pins! They don't really do anything... but they're fun to collect! They're hidden throughout the game. Here's the current list. Collect them all, and you get a prize!

Attraction Pin Set #1
01) Island Skipper Tours
02) The Cat in the Hat
03) One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
04) High in The Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride
05) Caro-Seuss-El
06) Seventh Voyage of Sindbad
07) Poseidon's Fury
08) Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
09) Flight of the Hippogriff
10) Dragon's Challenge

PRIZE: GOLDEN POTION PACK

Attraction Pin Set #2
11) Jurassic Park River Adventure
12) Pternadon Flyers
13) Jurassic Park Discovery Center
14) Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges
15) Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
16) Me Ship, The Olive
17) Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
18) Dr. Doom's Fearfall
19) Storm Force Accelatron
20) The Incredible Hulk Coaster

PRIZE: GOLDEN BOOKS

Island Pin Set
01) Port of Entry
02) Seuss Island
03) The Lost Continent
04) Hogwarts Isle
05) Isla Nublar
06) Isla Sorna
07) Toon Island
08) Marvel Island
09) Mysterious Island

PRIZE: GOLDEN ARMOR

Deputy Possessors Pin Set
01) Doc Ock
02) Bluto
03) Lucius Malfoy
04) T-Rex
05) Miseria
06) Max

PRIZE: GOLDEN BOW AND ARROWS

Possesors Pin Set
01) Dr. Doom
02) Snidley Whiplash
03) Lord Voldemort
04) Dennis Nedry
05) Darkanon
06) The Grinch

PRIZE: GOLDEN BOMBS

Secret Spiritors Pin Set

PRIZE: GOLDEN SWORD

figmntal95

Original Poster
C'mon! I don't want to start Seuss Island until someone guesses the Riddle!

Seuss Island Spiritor Riddle:

Prize is 100 Fictional Schpelburghs and a secret prize...

Wilt Dasney

C'mon! I don't want to start Seuss Island until someone guesses the Riddle!

Seuss Island Spiritor Riddle:

Prize is 100 Fictional Schpelburghs and a secret prize...
The Cat in the Hat.

So about this secret prize. Is it edible? :)

figmntal95

Original Poster
Seuss Island

The Hero, Wilt Dasney, lands on the shores of Seuss Island. Immediately, a few Possessed Seussian Creatures run up to attack Wilt. They are easily defeated with a few swings of the sword. Wilt Dasney continues deeper into the Island, where he comes across a city filled with wacky Seussian architecture.... lined with Posesseds. This could be tough... Wilt realizes what he must do. Throwing a few Bombs eliminates the Possesseds, leaving only some dazed and confused Seussians. Wilt passes by a few shops, and realizing he is low on supplies, he drops in. The stores:

-Seuss Island Weaponry
Items: Seuss Sword, Who-Bow and Arrows, Thing-A-Ma-Bomb

-Seuss Island Mercantile
Items: Seuss Armor, Geisel Books, Star-Bellied Potion Pack

Seuss Island To Be Continued...

ScorpionX

No, I'm tired of typing "the hero", so I'll use your username instead for the Seuss Island story portions. I'll do this for everyone who answers the riddle.
Hi-ho, Kermit the frog here, here is a list of characters that I think could be "the Spiritor:"
  • Sam-I-Am
  • Horton
  • Cindy Lou-Who
  • Sneech
  • Lorax
Are any of them right?
:D

Wilt Dasney

The Hero, Wilt Dasney, lands on the shores of Seuss Island. Immediately, a few Possessed Seussian Creatures run up to attack Wilt. They are easily defeated with a few swings of the sword.
Damn straight they are.

One fish, Two fish, Red fish, DEAD FISH!

*flexes biceps and mugs for the moving in-game camera*

I dig this game. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom