Is this an honest look at adult Disney fans?

Lunair

Maybe we need to arrange for some Disney counseling.

Psychologist: "We're going to do some basic excersizes. See that Mickey Premium ice cream bar over there? It's $5. What do you do?"

*patient pulls out credit card*

Pscyhologist: "Put that wallet down!"

*patient extends magic band for payment*

Oh the things that us Disney fans are willing to buy ;)

In all honesty, a few trips ago my parents suggested that we go to the beach the next day. My sister's response? "Ohhh, the Beach Club? I love the Beach Club. Or maybe the Polynesian?! I love the Polynesian." :hilarious:

Last edited:

Disney4family

I know people who go to the same ski resort - or the same Sandals in Aruba - or wherever - year after year. They're usually the first ones to rag on me for always going to WDW. They know I've traveled the country & the world, but WDW has been my choice of vacay destinations for at least 15 years.
When I ask them why they always go back to their favorite spot, they have pretty much the same answers I do and yet they don't get it. I try to explain to them that for now this is my Sandals. Sometimes that works.
I'm not looking for approval and I'm not trying to convince them either. Honestly, don't go - you won't be in line ahead of me.
I don't know why of all the places in the world it's so easy and common to pick on those who choose The World. Honestly. Don't knock it until you've tried it. Until then, I'll be in my happy place...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I know people who go to the same ski resort - or the same Sandals in Aruba - or wherever - year after year. They're usually the first ones to rag on me for always going to WDW. They know I've traveled the country & the world, but WDW has been my choice of vacay destinations for at least 15 years.
When I ask them why they always go back to their favorite spot, they have pretty much the same answers I do and yet they don't get it. I try to explain to them that for now this is my Sandals. Sometimes that works.
I'm not looking for approval and I'm not trying to convince them either. Honestly, don't go - you won't be in line ahead of me.
I don't know why of all the places in the world it's so easy and common to pick on those who choose The World. Honestly. Don't knock it until you've tried it. Until then, I'll be in my happy place...

My thoughts exactly!

mergatroid

My wife and I are in our 40's, have no kids but love and go to Disney every year. We're aware enough to realise that some people probably laugh about it behind our backs "They're going to Disney again and they don't have kids", however we're completely comfortable enough in ourselves to not really care and live our lives doing what makes us happy rather than bother what others say or think.

We're not like that couple on that clip though, as funny as it is. We try not to bore people about Disney and neither of us own much Disney merchandise, my wife has a couple of t shirts whilst I just have an aerial Mickey topper for the car and an old t shirt. I couldn't name all the seven dwarfs or tell you the plots of many Disney movies, however I know the parks like the back of my hand and love visiting.

We sometimes smile inwardly when we see whole families decked out in Disney clothing from head to toe, some people possibly look a bit dorky in some of the items. However we'd never put these folk down as they're just doing what they enjoy doing, more power to them and it's great to see people embrace something they love and get on with it.

The_Jobu

I'm sure it was meant to be satirical, but I'm afraid it comes very close to the truth for many people... some of them on these boards.

I said this in the catch-all thread where it was posted but I suppose it bears repeating here.

"Let's visit France and Italy"
"Oh... like EPCOT?"
"... No."

My GF and I have had this exact conversation. I brought her to MK 2 years ago, but she is immune to my Disneyana.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

One thing about it being the "same" Sandals and Aruba is that it's just that. The same. Disneyworld is always changing and growing and that's what makes it so great to me, There's always something new to experience. They act like we're just going there and doing the exact same thing we do on every other trip. Certainly there are things that we always do but there are also always things that we've not done. In a few weeks we will be on our 3rd trip of this annual pass and literally the day we leave there will be an event for DVC members to go in and experience Pandora before the general public. On our trip in September we got to do the DVC Membership Magic event at AK and pretty much have the parks to ourselves with ice cream and cookies and chips and lemonade all you can eat and drink. We're actually gonna have to wait until our trip after this coming May trip to experience Pandora but when we book our next May trip here in a few months with our 11 month DVC window I will book it knowing that I have something new waiting on me to explore and experience. That's what makes Disneyworld so much different than other destinations. I will also know that we have a new DVC resort to experience as well. The difference is that Disney isn't always the "same" and that's what people don't understand when they act like we're doing the "same thing" all the time. We spend over 3 weeks a year at Disneyworld and have for years and there are STILL things I've yet to experience. I just don't think people understand the true vastness of Disneyworld but it really is its own "world". One of my pet peeves is when people act like they've "seen it all" after one trip. It's not Dollywood.

Disney4family

One thing about it being the "same" Sandals and Aruba is that it's just that. The same. Disneyworld is always changing and growing and that's what makes it so great to me, There's always something new to experience. They act like we're just going there and doing the exact same thing we do on every other trip. Certainly there are things that we always do but there are also always things that we've not done. In a few weeks we will be on our 3rd trip of this annual pass and literally the day we leave there will be an event for DVC members to go in and experience Pandora before the general public. On our trip in September we got to do the DVC Membership Magic event at AK and pretty much have the parks to ourselves with ice cream and cookies and chips and lemonade all you can eat and drink. We're actually gonna have to wait until our trip after this coming May trip to experience Pandora but when we book our next May trip here in a few months with our 11 month DVC window I will book it knowing that I have something new waiting on me to explore and experience. That's what makes Disneyworld so much different than other destinations. I will also know that we have a new DVC resort to experience as well. The difference is that Disney isn't always the "same" and that's what people don't understand when they act like we're doing the "same thing" all the time. We spend over 3 weeks a year at Disneyworld and have for years and there are STILL things I've yet to experience. I just don't think people understand the true vastness of Disneyworld but it really is its own "world". One of my pet peeves is when people act like they've "seen it all" after one trip. It's not Dollywood.
I completely agree. My sister is one who thinks it's always the same. We've taken our kids from when they were 3 to now almost 15. Just that alone gives every parent something new to experience. The parks are always changing.
And yet we all crave the experience that doesn't change. The one or two things we look forward to that always, and I mean always, is the same and gives us the same feeling. We need that, too.
People don't ask me what I'm doing over my summer. They ask me, "So when are you going this time?" and I'm okay with that for now. All I do is plan my life away - and, yes, that includes my countdown. But it's so nice when I'm there to actually live in the moment and enjoy the old and new.
My WDW is different than yours. Not better. Not worse. But it's mine just as yours is yours. And I love it that when I'm there and see all of you, we are all smiling. That's awesome for all of us. See you in 131 days.

R W B

Showed this to my wife and her sister, fits them both to a T! My wife and I have been 14 times since we started dating 8yrs ago. 2 weeks ago I convinced her to by into a travel company that doesn't involve Disney lol, theirs more out there to explore!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I completely agree. My sister is one who thinks it's always the same. We've taken our kids from when they were 3 to now almost 15. Just that alone gives every parent something new to experience. The parks are always changing.
And yet we all crave the experience that doesn't change. The one or two things we look forward to that always, and I mean always, is the same and gives us the same feeling. We need that, too.
People don't ask me what I'm doing over my summer. They ask me, "So when are you going this time?" and I'm okay with that for now. All I do is plan my life away - and, yes, that includes my countdown. But it's so nice when I'm there to actually live in the moment and enjoy the old and new.
My WDW is different than yours. Not better. Not worse. But it's mine just as yours is yours. And I love it that when I'm there and see all of you, we are all smiling. That's awesome for all of us. See you in 131 days.
Yeah the planning is actually one of the things I LOOOOVE to do. That's why I love DVC so much is that because I know that I can pretty much literally have a trip booked at all times and am always thinking of new ways to do things and stuff like that. We love doing Chef Mickey's, The Plaza, The Crystal Palace, The Garden Grill, La Cellier, Primetime Cafe, and Tony's on every single trip. So even after I get our rooms booked I know that I can then look forward to planning our dinner and breakfast reservations. Then after I get that done I know I can look forward to planning our fastpasses. The thing for me is that it feels like I'm "there" as long as I'm in a sort of Disney state of mind. DVC also helps me deal with each trip winding down because even though I know that I will be back in a few months I still get sad. But then I remember that I have all this stuff to look forward to again and know when I'll be back and that helps me to cope with leaving. It's a vicious cycle. LOL!

disneygeek90

I love going to WDW (and yeah, I was kind of indoctrinated as a child), but couldn't really see myself doing it without a child to take, with the notable exception that I'd totally be up for collecting a stamp from every margharita vendor in the World Showcase on an "adult only" outing! :D:D:D:hungover:
Disney is wonderful without children as well, lol. It's a much more relaxed and stress-free day, tbh. Though I'm one of those weird people that thoroughly enjoy going by myself, too.

Lord Pheonix

Telling a man he needs more arm days is a "gentle observation?" Sounds like body shaming to me.

:hilarious:;)
i totally agree, thanks alot. i was in the military, SF for 8 years, 41 now, and my arms look the same way, and thats alll that matters to women now. because i dont have a 6-pack, are bulging biceps and whatnot, i cant turn a womans head if my hair was on fire. Gentle my , thanks for showing everyone my failure as a man, in your eyes at least.

as for the video, its made to be humorous, i thought it was funny, and i love disey, wish id win the lotto so i could rent out the wilderness lodge suite for 2 months and live there, but thanks to my girly arms and some other things in my life, i havent seen disneyworld since 2006, (that pre-fantasyland expansion for those who dont know). id give anything to go back, but i doubt ill see it again for a long time. someone would pretty much have to die and leave me a huge inheritance for me to go back again. so me and my girly arms have to settle for sites with pics like this, and youtube people like tim tracker to live vicariously.

alissafalco

Indeed.

A colleague saw the video, thought of me and sent it to me a few days ago.

So, I showed it to my dear husband, and he confirmed that I do resemble the poor young man in the video. And then he started mocking me mercilessly. To console myself, I started planning our next to trip Disneyland. (I can't plan our next trip to WDW, it's all planned out, being less than 30 days away.)

Did I mention our new Magicbands have shipped? The new Magicbands have shipped! Hooray!

So yes, I took my family to see Beauty and the Beast on Saturday. I'm off from work this week, so I went to a used CD/DVD shop and bought out-of-print Mickey cartoon compilations.

And then I went to Target and bought this for my princess. Best (Beast?) Easter dress ever:

51847860_Alt01

And my kids are going to a birthday party this weekend. The birthday girl likes yellow and Beauty and the Beast too. So we're going to the Disney Store this afternoon.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom