Is this an honest look at adult Disney fans?

Schneewittchen

Indeed.

A colleague saw the video, thought of me and sent it to me a few days ago.

So, I showed it to my dear husband, and he confirmed that I do resemble the poor young man in the video. And then he started mocking me mercilessly. To console myself, I started planning our next to trip Disneyland. (I can't plan our next trip to WDW, it's all planned out, being less than 30 days away.)

Did I mention our new Magicbands have shipped? The new Magicbands have shipped! Hooray!

So yes, I took my family to see Beauty and the Beast on Saturday. I'm off from work this week, so I went to a used CD/DVD shop and bought out-of-print Mickey cartoon compilations.

And then I went to Target and bought this for my princess. Best (Beast?) Easter dress ever:

51847860_Alt01

And my kids are going to a birthday party this weekend. The birthday girl likes yellow and Beauty and the Beast too. So we're going to the Disney Store this afternoon.

Phonedave

Some are like that I suppose. My wife showed that to me the other night. Just to be clear, she enjoys WDW as much as I do.

While we may go to WDW quite often, and we do own DVC, I would say that characterazation does not fit us. We do realize there is a world outside of Disney, we go to plenty of other places, and while we do a have a few Dinsey things in our house, you would really have to look to find them.

-dave

JIMINYCR

Sure is... I could see myself in his place and proud to say DS would be too.... Only I would have dumped that woman half way through. ;);)

Goofyernmost

I guess that confirms it, I am not a disney fan. Oh, yes, I love the place, but, it is hardly the only thing I ever wanted to see. I went to Europe last year and didn't feel bad about it at all. I guess I'll just have to be considered a moderate.

disney4life2008

I love disney but in no way am i walking around in full costume, actually im not walking around in a mickey hat or ears for that matter. Before the adult costume ban, I always enjoyed seeing the adults in full costume especially the star wars. But that is no more (I think).

ppete1975

some gentle observations

• Europe-Disneyland paris
  • say yes to the mickey ears
  • dude needs to get in the gym for more arm days
  • upon gazing at the castle the girl would be a Disney fan (and join the forums here)

Sans Souci

some gentle observations

• upon gazing at the castle the girl would be a Disney fan (and join the forums here)

Telling a man he needs more arm days is a "gentle observation?" Sounds like body shaming to me.

:hilarious:;)

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Some are like that I suppose. My wife showed that to me the other night. Just to be clear, she enjoys WDW as much as I do.

While we may go to WDW quite often, and we do own DVC, I would say that characterazation does not fit us. We do realize there is a world outside of Disney, we go to plenty of other places, and while we do a have a few Dinsey things in our house, you would really have to look to find them.

-dave
I would say that guy pretty much encapsulates me perfectly and I'm fine with that. Although my utmost devotion lies in the Magic Kingdom and his seems to lie in EPCOT. We are also DVC members and go usually 3 times a year. That being said, my wife would be fine to just take like one of the trips to Vero Beach but I'm the one with an exclusive attachment to the parks. There is just a euphoria that I experience in walking in to BLT and sitting down on the balcony and looking over at the MK that I can't explain or experience anywhere else. I also love knowing that all I have to do is walk down a sidewalk for less than 10 minutes and I'm in my favorite place on the planet. I'm super grateful for DVC because I would never be able to afford deluxe accommodations multiple times per year if not for being a member. I just think Disney really does have "something for everybody" and they're pretty much the only company in the universe that can truly make that claim with a straight face. Our kids love Disney as well and Disney JR is on a pretty much constant loop here and anytime I've asked my kids if they want to watch a Nick show or something like that they always just say no. I guess it's in their blood because we've really not "pushed" them to watch Disney JR all the time. It just so happens they were born with great taste. LOL!

Goofyernmost

some gentle observations

I did do the first one, does that make me "one of them"? No to the ears! Don't need the gym for my arms! With the "tude" that young lady has... not a chance and sadly, she is probably right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom