Is the Walt Disney Frozen Head Rumor True?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
qm.gif
qm.gif
Not sure if joking, or just stupid...

bubbles1812

why would they freeze just his head but? even if cryogenic freezing did work, he couldn't live with out his body.

I have to admit, I have thought about it before. Walt was someone always fascinated by new technologies so I could imagine him donating his body to science but he died from cancer, which was not a lie. People could tell he was visually sick.

Well...the thought with just freezing the head is that by the time science figures out a way to bring people back to life, the technology will exist to regrow a person's body as well. So having just the brain frozen is what actually matters since that's what makes a person who they are. Sorry, had to do a little research into the concept of cryogenics and it is very...interesting. But clients have requested their heads just be preserved...easier and less costly to just go with the head option you see ;)

That being said... I think the whole thing is a little nutty and no, I don't think Walt's head is frozen somewhere

donaldtoo

Walt was not buried. He was cremated and Forrest Lawn is where his ashes were placed.

Yes, you are correct.
It's funny, 'cause right after my original post, I thought to myself... "Hmmm...or was he cremated and his ashes placed there?" It's been a while since I've re-read any of my Disney biographies.
I started to go research, but then some Guests came into the store that needed attending to and I never got back to it.
Thanks for clearing that up. :)

rufio

There was a book out not long ago called "Waking Walt", which was all about Walt being thawed out and brought back to life, and how he reacted to the modern world and especially WDW, which he didn't live to see. He wasn't happy about Epcot...the book was not all that good, IMO.

I kind of wish it were true that Walt was frozen and that he could reappear sometime in the future...but maybe it's a nicer idea that he's in the hereafter, enjoying the paradise he tried to build on Earth. :)

Written in 2002. Just purchased.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom