Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

ABQ

I would think that unless the spires can be done in one evening, which I wouldn't think so, that work walls will be put up around the GMR's outer entrance walls and hopefully they don't want to create that Animal Kingdom experience of walls everywhere and are just waiting for the hat work to be done first.

Sage of Time

A couple more shots from this morning.

B-nVdWRWkAArwbn.jpg

B-nWHoyXIAAJc8M.jpg

As seen from the front.

OOpps, edit, as @RayTheFirefly just posted, courtesy Debbie

11015561_1586192531640743_990834938_n.jpg
AMAZING.
I wonder how long until the construction walls are gone. I can't imagine once the hat is completely dismantled that they'd take down the walls, they'll need to put either some new concrete or some sort of flower bed.
Don't forget that the stage is next. I don't think we'll see walls down until May.

Spires are being done by a different contractor. It's possible that the hat work is in the way of doing the spire work.
I would expect so. Spire instillation will be tricky, as the entrance to GMR still needs to be accessible.

note2001

I would think that unless the spires can be done in one evening, which I wouldn't think so, that work walls will be put up around the GMR's outer entrance walls and hopefully they don't want to create that Animal Kingdom experience of walls everywhere and are just waiting for the hat work to be done first.

Interesting way to phrase that. It's a bit ironic that in a park dedicated to displaying animals we are the ones surrounded by walls.

Last edited:

MKCP 1985

I don't see the major need for a paint job of the theater. Sure, everything needs routine maintenance and upkeep but that's about all my own eyes see. The major gripes seem nitpicky to me.

But maybe that's just my reaction to being happy to see the theater from the front of the park again after all these years. I am not so young that I never knew what was there before.

donsullivan

Premium Member

It would not surprise me if there is some sort of a facade refresh planned for the building as part of adding the TCM sponsorship. It seems a refresh of the Theater (hopefully including the spires and spotlights) would be a separate project that is likely on a schedule tied to the TCM sponsorship updates.

BrerJon

It would not surprise me if there is some sort of a facade refresh planned for the building as part of adding the TCM sponsorship. It seems a refresh of the Theater (hopefully including the spires and spotlights) would be a separate project that is likely on a schedule tied to the TCM sponsorship updates.

Do we have a date yet for the TCM updates to be complete? That might give us a clue when (if) we can finally see a spired-up theatre, working spotlights, and a clear courtyard.

I'm not expecting a flowerbed, as the Hub shows that Disney takes about two years to plant a flowerbed, but if there's a retractable stage going there it might be being pre-built elsewhere that too might not take too long to make. Basically I'm just impatient for the area to look great again!

Goofyernmost

I don't see the major need for a paint job of the theater. Sure, everything needs routine maintenance and upkeep but that's about all my own eyes see. The major gripes seem nitpicky to me.

But maybe that's just my reaction to being happy to see the theater from the front of the park again after all these years. I am not so young that I never knew what was there before.
With this group, you get rid of one problem and before anyone can say thank you, they find another. Disney ought to create a "honey-do" list that we all can make entries on. That would be fun.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Do we have a date yet for the TCM updates to be complete? That might give us a clue when (if) we can finally see a spired-up theatre, working spotlights, and a clear courtyard.

I'm not expecting a flowerbed, as the Hub shows that Disney takes about two years to plant a flowerbed, but if there's a retractable stage going there it might be being pre-built elsewhere that too might not take too long to make. Basically I'm just impatient for the area to look great again!

The retracting stage thing always felt (to me) like fan speculation without any real basis. The amount of care they are taking with the removal of BAH to not damage the planters and center platform indicates that no such thing is going in. It seems to appear that the platform under the hat and the planters from the ears will stay and any temporary stage would just be positioned over it vs in front of it. Doing that also gives them much more room in front of the stage which was always a challenge when they had to put it out front of the hat.

note2001

With this group, you get rid of one problem and before anyone can say thank you, they find another. Disney ought to create a "honey-do" list that we all can make entries on. That would be fun.

drop table honey-do
MickeyWithComputerSF.png

Cast member: I see nothing here to say we have any problems with reservations or magic bands. We've never had that issue reported before...

Kman101

While I agree, I mean, look at the theater. It needs work done to it. Period. It's not just looking for a problem, at least IMO. Is it the worst thing in the world? No. Am I just simply thrilled to see that view again? You betcha, but it doesn't mean I don't want to see the theater exterior be refurbished.

Last edited:

note2001

While I agree, I mean, look at the theater. It needs work done to it. Period. It's not just looking for a problem, at least IMO. Is it the worst thing in the world? No. Am just simply thrilled to see that view again? You betcha, but it doesn't mean I don't want to see the theater exterior be refurbished.

Given that Disney constantly has Main Street under scrims trying to keep it looking its best, I'm positive they will be working on the theater soon.... or constructing a new visual obstacle for it (kidding about that of course.)

Kman101

Given that Disney constantly has Main Street under scrims trying to keep it looking its best, I'm positive they will be working on the theater soon.... or constructing a new visual obstacle for it (kidding about that of course.)

Oh, I'm sure of them working on the theater too. Some are going on and on about it but I feel like it's common sense that the theater is going to receive some exterior love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom