Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Brian

Hat watch continues...

2.jpg

Quick! Is the clock ticking on that hat? No, it's not the sorcerer's hat, but this may be one step closer to solving the mystery!

erwinalber4

Do we know for certain the hat is not going to be relocated anywhere on property? So happy the end is almost near for this thing. It was nice for a temporary addition, but it more than overstayed its welcome.

I am going to be very interested to see where this goes in how they are going to market the parks icon now???? Will it switch back to the Earful Tower? A new icon/logo? If this planned so far in advance, you would think this would have been implemented into merchandise like the magic bands, etc which still depict the hat.
Actually it's going to Hollywood to sit in front of the real Chinese Theater. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Seeing the inside of the hand is pretty cool. You can see in the "V" between the two fingers they installed a drain pipe to catch rain water collecting there. What I don't understand is there seem to be a A/C duct going up to the side of the top finger. Can't figure out why that would be there.

Disney-Hollywood-studios-hat-demolition-3-620x465.jpg

http://attractionsmagazine.com/look-demolition-sorcerers-hat-disneys-hollywood-studios/

For some reason I want to say that they had AC blasting on the hot summer days for the CM's who were working the store. Only reason I say that is because my wife and I took refuge there once or twice so we wouldn't melt. I could be wrong though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom