Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Castle Cake Apologist

tumblr_nerod3YHhW1s49ofro1_500.jpg

Scaffolding going up. img source

I can't believe it's finally actually happening. What a good day.

jrh1985

I can't believe it's finally actually happening. What a good day.
Now, I don’t visit DHS as often as I would like, so I don’t know how things work. Also I don’t believe we track the progress on here every time DHS gets the stage back, but could that scaffolding going up be the stage coming back? Mulch, Sweat & Shears always plays at the Hat during the Holidays and they do the NYE fireworks also I believe. Once we find out it’s not the stage, we can get excited.

Plus, I thought it was said on here that DHS wasn't going gun ho till after NYE?

YodaMan

Can someone please point out the scaffolding that we're talking about in that photo? All I see is the plant/light set up that's usually used for special events.

EDIT: RAXIP beat me to it, but I really don't think that's scaffolding that we're talking about. Wish it was, though...

Next Big Thing

Disney just released a new 4 piece shot glass set where each one has a park icon and the studios one uses the earful tower. The same prior set used the hat. I'm guessing Disney will use the earful tower until construction is complete on renovating the park and then maybe reveal a new icon.
The thing about the earful tower is though, will it survive the redo? I'm actually expecting it to go.

SirLink

The thing about the earful tower is though, will it survive the redo? I'm actually expecting it to go.

If its going to be 5 years until complete I fully expect them to move it for the first few years of construction and get rid of it at the same time as changing the name.

Marc Gil

tumblr_nerod3YHhW1s49ofro1_500.jpg

Scaffolding going up. img source
Saw the "scaffolding" last night.

I thought it was the remnants of the stage from Frozen Summer Fun, but from the looks of it, it's most definitely a stage for the Wine and Dine.

Can't back that up 100 percent, but I'm 99.99 percent positive. Did anyone on the forums partake in the event?

Last edited:

roj2323

Here's some more pics from last nightView attachment 73016
View attachment 73013
These are temporary lighting towers. Sorry guy's it's not scaffolding. We will see the Pin trading store get moved before the walls go up and once the walls are up then we will see the disassembly. None of this is going to happen during peak season. They will wait until after the holidays.

RAXIP

These are temporary lighting towers. Sorry guy's it's not scaffolding. We will see the Pin trading store get moved before the walls go up and once the walls are up then we will see the disassembly. None of this is going to happen during peak season. They will wait until after the holidays.
Yeah. The soonest they'll start taking down the Hat is Tuesday, January 6th. To be honest my reaction to people thinking the Hat was coming down now was something like this (and I really want the Hat gone):

FerretAfros

The "scaffolding" was a lighting rig for the race. I'm not sure if there was supposed to be some sort of entertainment there (a band, perhaps) but a ton of things were cut because of the rain. Here's a shot of the hat from my water-logged camera where you can make out the lights clearly

111_9865.JPG

As for the replacement icon, my money is on the water tower. Both DME TV and the Stacey channel have been updated to omit the Hat in any of the footage, and they're usually pretty good about constantly updating the videos to not show attractions that are closed for refurbishment. There are also several prominent shots of the water tower, including a helicopter shot of it when the DME TV host (Carissa Bealert, who also announces the runDisney races) introduces the park to guests for the first time; when she's introducing the other parks, there's similar footage of the castle, SSE, and Tree of Life

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom