Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Wikkler

i hate this. i love the hat! it has been there since i started going to disney. now i'm twenty and it's just gonna be gone?! that's like taking away cinderella's castle or the tree of life!
Compare:
hollywood_boulevard_at_dhs_by_kjorgy-d38ww5w.jpg

removehat_before.jpg

Communicore

Like I said before I still want them to break apart BAH and sell the pieces as pins. Speaking of which they said the hat will be removed but what about the pin store? Maybe it will still be there but covered by a Mickey's Birthdayland style tent!

FettFan

That implies that a movie in a theme park like that isn't an attraction without any effects, which I don't buy. If that's the case, why hadn't they done that for any of the other Marvel movies? They couldn't even run the Aveng-o-rail on the Epcot beam!

It's the same with Big Hero Six. Which is why we will see Hiro and Baymax in the parks but not Silver Samurai, who is in the X-Men family as represented at Universal, and whose movie rights are held by Fox.

Because the Guardians are the Cosmic Marvel Family, they are all in the clear. They exist as their own entity, separate from the Avengers. The movie does not make them an Avengers family property, but just another form of crossover.

DisneyRoy

What have you done to me, my mind is racing since I read this. Scoop ride vehicles (if Disney can use them that is), huge 3D screens and physical sets with AA's. Imagine riding alongside John Wayne, entering the Alien nest and encountering a huge AA of the queen (also her fight with Ripley), entering one of the car chase scenes from Indiana Jones....... Not sure about framing the whole thing with Fantasia but that could be a VERY cool ride :)

Of course it would be just fine if they simply upgraded the current ride too.

THIS would be awesome! It would be memorable, and pay homage to the classic movies that are what the park is supposed to be about. Until....maintenance takes its toll and we end up with "Disco Alien!"

Figaro928

It's actually amazing the difference in opinions about BAH between the forums and other social medias. On FB I easily read more disappointment for the hat leaving than approval (or in most of this forum - sheer bliss)

I know the commenters on FB were more casual WDW fans but I was still very surprised to see so much love for it.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Just a little housekeeping. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but...

The Chinese Theatre was never the park Icon. Or a winnie in a traditional sense. It was simply part of a larger theme for the park, and especially that area. The "icon" as it is, was the Earful Tower.

I suspect, since the hat is being moved and not razed, it will continue to be the DHS icon.

The big benefit will be a return to theme for that area of DHS.

Right?

Figaro928

What is the time frame for taking it down? Any announcements on when demo starts? Ends?

Also, just playing devil's advocate here, but, when the NYC Aquarium was all but destroyed by Superstorm Sandy, they had to close down easily half of the attractions. With that, they cut the day admission price by almost half with the explanation of rebuilding. (It's now $11.95 to get in as opposed to $25) The membership price to see all 5 NYC zoological parks remained the same; just the one day park admission for the aquarium dropped. With all the closures, construction and restructuring that is going to be taking place over the next few years, anyone think there is a 0.05% chance of a DHS day ticket price drop or something along those lines?

dgp602

Just a little housekeeping. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but...

The Chinese Theatre was never the park Icon. Or a winnie in a traditional sense. It was simply part of a larger theme for the park, and especially that area. The "icon" as it is, was the Earful Tower.

I suspect, since the hat is being moved and not razed, it will continue to be the DHS icon.

The big benefit will be a return to theme for that area of DHS.

Right?
Wait..so the hat is being MOVED and not eliminated??

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
What is the time frame for taking it down? Any announcements on when demo starts? Ends?

Also, just playing devil's advocate here, but, when the NYC Aquarium was all but destroyed by Superstorm Sandy, they had to close down easily half of the attractions. With that, they cut the day admission price by almost half with the explanation of rebuilding. (It's now $11.95 to get in as opposed to $25) The membership price to see all 4 NYC zoological parks remained the same; just the one day park admission for the aquarium dropped. with all the closures, construction and restructuring that is going to be taking place over the next few years, anyone think there is a 0.05% chance of a DHS day ticket price drop or something along those lines?
Supposedly within the first quarter of 2015....

And no.

BrerJon

It's actually amazing the difference in opinions about BAH between the forums and other social medias. On FB I easily read more disappointment for the hat leaving than approval (or in most of this forum - sheer bliss)

I know the commenters on FB were more casual WDW fans but I was still very surprised to see so much love for it.

The difference is many people dislike change, but on here the outrage is usually over closing things and replacing them with something inferior. For many too young to remember the pre-hat days, it seems like they're just taking away something the love to have their picture taken with, but they don't realise how much *better* things will look after it - they don't realise Disney is essentially demolishing the hat but replacing it with a beautiful Chinese Theater.

Some people will call everyone on these boards 'haters who hate change', but if you look at it reactions have been quite measured. Maelstrom, Shark Reef and Off-Kilter closing were massively disliked, because the replacement (or lack of one) is likely to be inferior.

Nobody really seems to care about Jack Sparrow, because the attraction is poor so anything would be at the very worst, an equivalent. People were sad about the Backlot Tour but felt it has had it's day, was a shadow of its former self and are excited about the possible replacements.

And people *love* this news about the hat, because it's a very, very definite improvement. All examples of things coming to an end, but with different effects on the quality of the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom