Is Stitch's Great Escape as bad as everyone says it is?

copcarguyp71

Good once for the experience. AA's are actually pretty good. But I have to say once and done for us. Especially since the one odor on the ride is pretty nauseating (besides the BO of the guy next to you in mid September LOL). Since it is there and you have not done it then I say give it a shot for the sake of crossing it off the list but for us I would say we would not go back.

5thGenTexan

I never experienced Alien Encounter, so I have nothing to say on that. However I was able to visit the previous attraction, Mission to Mars, and I can say it was better than Stitch. Personally I don't tin wo flips about "thrills", so I see no great loss in Alien Encounter. Mission to Mars was the epitome of what I think Tomorrowland should be. But that is just me.

Magenta Panther

I have never been on it, because people have not praised it very well, and there has always been other things that have distracted me there anyways. Is it as bad as people say it is?

It's absolutely terrible. The problem is not with the technical features - it's with the script. The show is not particularly amusing; if anything it's obnoxious. PLUS you have to sit in chairs that press painfully down on your shoulders. I'm surprised the attraction is still open. Its storyline needs to be rewritten and those damn chairs replaced.

Magenta Panther

OMG... that made me laugh. We finally saw the Tiki Room for the first time on our last trip. That was horrible. Much worse than Stitch! But hey, at least there's A/C. And we have yet to see the Country Bears.

How, pray tell, was the Tiki Room worse than Stitch? It's got great music, wonderful AAs, that kickass thunderstorm, and it's the authentic, original show approved by Walt Disney (although it has been cut down a bit since his day). How anyone can say that lovely little show is worse than Stitch...dude...

images

Scott10

Can't answer you OP, I refuse to go in.
Good choice! We made our first stop (in 14 Disney trips) this past trip because my younger daughter loves Stitch...we left the "attraction" fully validated on skipping it the first 13 trips!!! While we are a family that values the review process for many things, we also try to get our own experiences and give things like this a try so that we can see for ourselves.....well, this is one attraction that the reviews have it right on the head. There could be sooooooo much more done with this space to make tomorrow land more enjoyable.

PhilharMagician

It is not AE, but the show is ok. They play up the crazy Stitch character well, but IMHO the worst part of the show is the chili dog burp. I understand that sight, sound, smell and feel all add to the experience but that smell is just horrible. I prefer the skunk smell in Imagination to the chili dog smell.

The AA's used in the show are also well done and the most technologically advanced when the show opened. The AA's are worth seeing at least once.

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
How, pray tell, was the Tiki Room worse than Stitch? It's got great music, wonderful AAs, that kickass thunderstorm, and it's the authentic, original show approved by Walt Disney (although it has been cut down a bit since his day). How anyone can say that lovely little show is worse than Stitch...dude...

images
I guess the flowers didn't croon loud enough for them.

DisneyWall-E

You will find that most of the hate stems from missing AE. While I agree that AE was better imho I understand why it was changed. I think that Stitch is an ok attraction.

jencor

You have to try it for yourself. I personally did not mind it, but not on a must do list. Everyone else I was with will not do it again, so we skip it. I do not feel I missed anything. When we pass the line I tell my wife, there is a line of first time Disney World visitors. No need going back after the first time.

Disneyhead'71

I like SGE more than Laugh Floor, which is also VASTLY inferior to Timekeeper that it replaced. Buzz's is OK. The Speedway should have been retired years ago. CoP either needs a bunch of money or smothered in it's sleep. Space is still really cool though. Space and the TTA are the only things in Tomorrowland that I usually do.

That said, if you are past your 10th trip to WDW and are active on a WDW message board, you should probably experience every attraction at WDW at least once.

Last edited:

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
You'll have to try it and see for yourself. I tried it once and that was enough for me. I'm sorry, but having been through AE my frame of reference will be a lot different than yours. For me AE was great and I enjoyed going on it every time I was there on vacation. It's a shame they replaced it with Stitch. I blame all the parents who failed to heed all the warning signs and then threw hissy fits after they took young children along in AE and the kids got terrorized....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom