Is Stitch's Great Escape as bad as everyone says it is?

DfromATX

It's a silly attraction and I'm not particularly fond of it, but it happens to be the very first ride we ever went on so my husband insists we ride it. I remember my then 4, now 11 year old was terrified in it, which is pretty funny now and he gets ribbed by his siblings about it.

Pocahontas

It's not horrible. It's pretty silly, but it's not something that I'll never ride again as long as I live. It's also not something I'd go out of my way to ride.

It's kind of cool, but geared more towards children I think.

JillC LI

We finally got around to it on our fourth visit to WDW. All family members thought it was dumb and not entertaining at all. The kids (then 11 and 13) also did not like the shoulder restraints. To give you some context to judge our opinion, we also found Tiki Room and Country Bear Jamboree dumb and not entertaining (and I happen to LOVE country music). We do like the Sonny Eclipse show at Cosmic Rays so we're not opposed to ALL animatronic entertainment.

Baldy

It is the one ride that I will not do. Not even if it is pouring outside or if there is no other ride that I haven't done. That being said, I am probably more sensitive than most to smells (I hold my breath during the smell section of Imagination) and that "burp" just turns my stomach.

ProfSavage

I have never been on it, because people have not praised it very well, and there has always been other things that have distracted me there anyways. Is it as bad as people say it is?

tumblr_m4h3vc4PZR1rpor2s.gif

DfromATX

We finally got around to it on our fourth visit to WDW. All family members thought it was dumb and not entertaining at all. The kids (then 11 and 13) also did not like the shoulder restraints. To give you some context to judge our opinion, we also found Tiki Room and Country Bear Jamboree dumb and not entertaining (and I happen to LOVE country music). We do like the Sonny Eclipse show at Cosmic Rays so we're not opposed to ALL animatronic entertainment.

OMG... that made me laugh. We finally saw the Tiki Room for the first time on our last trip. That was horrible. Much worse than Stitch! But hey, at least there's A/C. And we have yet to see the Country Bears.

MickeyisMyBestFriend

My opinion was that it wasn't worth it to go there but every couple of years I stop by. It is not the most pleasant ride (your sat in an uncomfortable seat while mysterious smells fill the room) but it can be amusing........at times.:)

Metilinos

Anyone who rode AE will tell you they transformed it into something generally geared towards children. Basically sit in a dark room and the panoramic sounds will kind of make you believe he's running around around you, get squirted with some water.

There really isn't a lot of atmosphere.

I don't hate the ride. I don't even mind it. I'd rather walk over to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Although the last time I went it wasn't as fun as the previous year. Different monsters, jokes weren't too funny. Bummer.

sweetpee_1993

I have never been on it, because people have not praised it very well, and there has always been other things that have distracted me there anyways. Is it as bad as people say it is?
It's not great. If you've never done it I'd say try it. That way you can say first hand what you like or don't like about it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

Nope.

What it replaced (Alien Encounter), makes it seem like the worst god awful ride of all time. But it's really not that bad of an attraction. Is it HORRIBLE? No, not really. The storyline is honestly pretty good, the AAs look awesome... The only issue I have are the shoulder restraints. Sit up really tall and THEN slouch so they don't put so much pressure on your shoulders.

Is it a GREAT attractions? By all means, no. It's kind of just average. In my personal opinion, it's not good. It's not bad. It's just average.

I've been repeating what everyone says on these forums saying it's bad. But the main truth is that, the reputation it got after replacing Alien Encounter was just so massive. Alien Encounter was too intense and scary, so they had to re-create it with Stitch. Stitch just isn't big enough to stand in the same footsteps as AE.

I'd check it out, ignore the "forumers" and see for yourself. It's quite comedic honestly.

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

Everyone compares SGE to AE. How about comparing it to what was there before AE. I'm trying hard to rule towards SGE over Mission to Mars but they're equally anti-climatic for me. SGE has stuff to look at when the lights aren't off. But MtM didn't trap you in. I don't like the thing over my shoulder. I'm not claustrophobic. It's not something that typically bothers me. But on SGE there's a weird creep-factor to the thing touching you or close to touching you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom