Interim show 'The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic' confirmed to debut ahead of Rivers of Light

UpAllNight

It'll pain Disney that this show will peak more interested than Rivers of Light, whether justified or not, because it's tied to a very recent, successful summer film ( and obviously the animated classic everyone grew up with)

They're going to have a dilemma. Could they make Jungle Book a pre show to RoL?

TTA94

you mean the guy who's on salary and is going to say what the company tells him to say?

I'm excited to have a show there, but I'm really hoping that its more then just musicians playing cultural instruments on floating stages that are anchored to the theater, while they project movie clips on water canons behind them.

I know it was put together in a short time, but to me, that would be just a half step over the Studio's Star Wars fashion show.

That's what I'm afraid of and expecting... Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be a good show.

I'm questioning if it's worth a dining package.

Biff215

That's what I'm afraid of and expecting... Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be a good show.

I'm questioning if it's worth a dining package.
IMO, no way, especially at those prices. For that cost, I expect a dinner show the quality of Hoop Dee Doo or the luau (which both include tax and gratuity). When you consider you're paying a premium for what can be had with a free FP, I really can't imagine booking a dining package. We're eating at Y&Y then seeing the show with FP, this way our expectations are kept within check.

glvsav37

IMO, no way, especially at those prices. For that cost, I expect a dinner show the quality of Hoop Dee Doo or the luau (which both include tax and gratuity). When you consider you're paying a premium for what can be had with a free FP, I really can't imagine booking a dining package. We're eating at Y&Y then seeing the show with FP, this way our expectations are kept within check.

???
I dont get it? You are not paying anything more for the dining/show package? Tusker House is costing me the same 1 credit with or w/o the package.

In contrast, the 2 actual dinner shows you list are 2 credit. So its apples to oranges.

Yes, Tiffins is a 2 credit meal, but thats for the meal regardless or package or not as well.

IMO, If you plan on eating at AK, i think its foolish to waste a FP for a 9 or 10:30 pm show. I'd much rather take the free FP. If you are not eating at MK, then grabbing the FP is choice.

glvsav37

I think it looks fine for what it is. Anyone expecting something on the level of Fantasmic has no one to blame but themselves.

I didnt say I was expecting Fantasmic. But I am expecting something more then a 'band shell' type show that could be dropped in Epcot mid-day.

My time there is valuable, and if they put a basic show out there after people have lost their mind trying to get FPs or spend money on dining packages, they would be in worse shape then if they just said, "Sorry...RoL needs more time so its on hold till it's right"

mm52200

???
I dont get it? You are not paying anything more for the dining/show package? Tusker House is costing me the same 1 credit with or w/o the package.

In contrast, the 2 actual dinner shows you list are 2 credit. So its apples to oranges.

Yes, Tiffins is a 2 credit meal, but thats for the meal regardless or package or not as well.

IMO, If you plan on eating at AK, i think its foolish to waste a FP for a 9 or 10:30 pm show. I'd much rather take the free FP. If you are not eating at MK, then grabbing the FP is choice.
If someone is paying out of pocket and is not on the dining plan, generally the show packages cost more than a normal meal at that same restaurant. So it does cost some people more.

Biff215

did not know that...I stand corrected
Yep, that's what I'm looking at. We don't do the dining plan, so the added cost is ridiculous IMO. We don't usually do FP for nighttime shows, but this one is most likely going to require it if you don't want to camp out in standby. We just scheduled it for a morning that we're at the pool so we don't lose out on morning FP, and this way we can also hit the safari and Everest after dark without much wait.

glvsav37

So don't waste your time then? Save yourself the predetermined letdown and book a different experience. No one is forcing you to do watch JBAWM. Don't get upset at Disney because you stupidly expected some grand production to be thrown together in a month. Get a freaking grip.

wow...did I hit a nerve?

I know that no one is forcing me to watch it. And I am reserving my judgement until I hear what others are saying once it opens. But so far, they teaser clip they just put out and the artwork would lead to my opinion. (we are still allowed to have those right...I mean , we speculate for days about what color the toilets would be in the new bathroom). I dont have a predetermined expectations...other then it should be good. I am a huge AK fan and I love beyond most that they are finally extending it to a night time park.

But...wait..let me take a breath.....ok.....with the hole that disney dug for itself by having limited capacity, pumping a show before it was ready to go and creating a FP/Dining package mentality for much of their entertainment, if it a bad show, then it will be worse for them then if they had shelved it. Bad show is worse then no show.

They trot out the same dude who said RoL was soooo magical, and then put him back out again saying now how amazing JB is....then yes, they are setting guest expectations.

I never said I expected Fantasmic, World of Color or any other grand production. But if they thought they were going to pass of a low grade concert as a way to fill people's attention, then they are wrong. And they have done it before....as noted, the Star Wars fashion show, and all the way back to the Frozen parade at studios 2 years ago where they used recycled Christmas party floats. And that was events they actually had time to plan.

But its cool....b/c I'm stupid. I dont snort pixie dust. But I am a stupid creative professional and my wife is just a stupid choreographer so I really don't have any idea what is good or bad or how shows are planned...right?

I booked my dining package (actually months ago at TH hoping to be able to convert it to the package) and I'll easily cancel it if I hear bad reviews. So no skin off my neck.

You want to go sit and watch a sub-par show and call it entertaining, then go for it.

Disney Analyst

From twitter, during tonight #DakCast event at DAK, testing the barges for Jungle Book. They look good. Are these Disneyland's fantasmic barges?

CjWIIsIXEAAHYFG.jpg:large

mm52200

I never said I expected Fantasmic, World of Color or any other grand production. But if they thought they were going to pass of a low grade concert as a way to fill people's attention, then they are wrong. And they have done it before....as noted, the Star Wars fashion show, and all the way back to the Frozen parade at studios 2 years ago where they used recycled Christmas party floats. And that was events they actually had time to plan.
But don't forget within the last few years WDW entertainment has produced excellent shows including Festival of Fantasy Parade, the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular; special firework shows such as the Star Wars and Frozen fireworks show, the highly popular and in my opinion entertaining Frozen Sing A long show.

Slowjack

New Disney Parks Blog post with a behind the scenes video and the show logo
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...gic-opening-may-28-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

TJB_AWM_LOGO_rv_160519r5.jpg

Although I am sure the current plan is to fix the problems with RoL and replace this show, it still looks to me like they are hedging their bets, in case the fix to RoL proves too difficult or too expensive, or if this Jungle Book show, with its greater corporate synergy, turns out to be popular. I mean, it's little weird to have an imagineer basically saying that this is the kind of show she's been waiting for her whole life when the show is intended to be thrown in the dumpster the moment the "real" show is debugged.

TyrantBoss

I can only listen to those sitars for just so long at Animal Kingdom before I want to puncture my eardrums.

An entire show of that kind of music may actually put me over the edge

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom