Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Cousin Huet

This is where the vocal critics are right about Disney. Why not upgrade Journey to modernize what you can, nothing major but a nice new look........AND add to the pavilion with an attraction centered around Inside Out. There are plenty of options to use as the story for an attraction that send a strong message to children (and adults) about emotions and handling them. It could be pretty grand if done right and the you would have Figment there as a nice accent to the new blockbuster.

huwar18

That's the kind of thing that you can build on for an attraction, better than just retelling the movie in ride form. Endless room to grow with...imagination.

I think this will be Inside Out's take on Imagination rather than just a simulation of the film, which is very promising.

Phineas and Ferb do not have the timelessness or popularity a Pixar movie that made $850 million does. Most people wouldn't know what they were, and the show ended 2 years ago so by the time this comes out it'd have nearly been a decade.

Honestly, the same problem could show up with Inside Out in a pavilion. @marni1971 stated that it could possibly happen. However, it could be 5 or 6 years down the road. That would be 8 years after the movie came out. Disney would have to promote that movie 8 years after it initially came out in theaters. If they wanted to put Inside Out in the pavilion it should have been there when the movie's success peaked.

HonorableMention

I'm still having issues imagining (pun intended) what kind of Inside Out ride would be that compelling or fun for the IMAGINATION pavilion. One throwaway scene in the film doesn't necessarily warrant an entire attraction.

Inside Out would be better suited for WOL, and wouldn't even have to take over Cranium Command.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The title of this thread should be updated to "[RUMOR]". Nothing like sensationalizing something as new/news that's a year old already...

Please. "Inside Out" doesn't have half of the soul that Figment has. And anyone who rode the original JII would know that. To suggest otherwise is simply trolling.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Honestly, the same problem could show up with Inside Out in a pavilion. @marni1971 stated that it could possibly happen. However, it could be 5 or 6 years down the road. That would be 8 years after the movie came out. Disney would have to promote that movie 8 years after it initially came out in theaters. If they wanted to put Inside Out in the pavilion it should have been there when the movie's success peaked.
Not per se. Remember the "every seven years" rule of thumb for reintroducing characters?

CaptainAmerica

Do you really need me to explain the difference there Cap or you being deliberately obtuse?
From what I can tell, I'm one of the only people on this board that uses the term "IP" correctly, so I don't think I'm the one being obtuse. There's zero credible argument to be made that Figment is more legitimate than Inside Out.

For the record, I've never seen Inside Out and would much prefer a robust Figment attraction. But the "IP heresy" argument is a worn out non-sequitur.

Timothy_Q

IF it does happen, let's hope they focus on the correct message

It should be an Imagination ride WITH the Inside Out characters, not a "let's go through the plot of Inside Out again"

Cmdr_Crimson

There's concept art of it..But, it never happened...
image_zps9b01c15e.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
IF it does happen, let's hope they focus on the correct message

It should be an Imagination ride WITH the Inside Out characters, not a "let's go through the plot of Inside Out again"
Agree. And I think that's what will happen if Inside Out is brought into the pavilion. In general (with the Little Mermaid being the recent exception), Disney seems to be interested in using ride-type attractions lately to expand the story, not retell it. Frozenstrom, Carsland, Nemo Seas, Toy Story Mania, etc. Here's hoping that will continue if they decide to add movie-based IP to Epcot. I think that could make Inside Out work well in Imagination.

I have little hope of GotG working well in whatever the ex-Energy pavilion will be called, but I've been surprised before.

Cmdr_Crimson

Thing is.....Why are we going through Riley's head? Doesn't make sense....It would have to be another set of Emotions that we would be joining on this journey...And as it builds up to the final point or message it turns out to be Dreamfinder's Emotions.....

There...I did it....I Blew your Minds...
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Pst... Figment is IP.
Of course, when we complain about IP in Epcot, we mean "IP not originally developed for Epcot".

That said, you're right of course. Dreamfinder and Figment is just as much IP as Inside Out is. The debate, of course, is whether putting IP originally developed for something else into Epcot is a good idea. Sometimes, I'd argue that it works fine - Timon and Pumbaa hosting Circle of Life made the movie a bit better. Turtle Talk with Crush works well in the Seas. And, to me, Inside Out could fit quite well in Imagination.

But other times, IP developed for something else shoehorned into Epcot works...less well. The ride portion of Nemo -- not a fan. And random unconnected meet-n-greets, nope. And then, of course, we have Frozenstrom. Decent attraction, shoehorned. And GotG in the former Energy -- sounds so shoehorned that it's ludicrous, although I shall try to keep an open mind.

CaptainAmerica

Of course, when we complain about IP in Epcot, we mean "IP not originally developed for Epcot".

That said, you're right of course. Dreamfinder and Figment is just as much IP as Inside Out is. The debate, of course, is whether putting IP originally developed for something else into Epcot is a good idea. Sometimes, I'd argue that it works fine - Timon and Pumbaa hosting Circle of Life made the movie a bit better. Turtle Talk with Crush works well in the Seas. And, to me, Inside Out could fit quite well in Imagination.

But other times, IP developed for something else shoehorned into Epcot works...less well. The ride portion of Nemo -- not a fan. And random unconnected meet-n-greets, nope. And then, of course, we have Frozenstrom. Decent attraction, shoehorned. And GotG in the former Energy -- sounds so shoehorned that it's ludicrous, although I shall try to keep an open mind.
The Nemo ride sucks because it sucks, not because it's Nemo. If they made a good ride with Nemo, it would be a good ride. If they made a sucky ride without Nemo, it would still suck. Its Nemo-ness and its sucky-ness are unrelated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom