Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Madame Medusa

Imagination Land from Inside Out has far more potential as the inspiration for an amazing attraction that still adheres to the imagination theme, and it probably will show even more "imagination" than whatever the current attraction is trying to convey with its lackluster and vague presentation.

Cranium Command as the template for an Inside Out ride is so predictable and boring and really wouldn't do anything but showcase scenes from the movie.

Rewatch the imagination land segment of the film and tell me that's not a better fit with endless possibilities, including sections for Abstract Thought and especially Dream Productions:

Fao6wJU.png

ocwJraa.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

I have watched Inside Out several times and enjoy it immensely. Fantastic film that really touched me. And unlike other IPs, I can at least understand why some might feel it's appropriate for the park.

In terms of a ride however, the visuals portrayed onscreen aren't nearly as compelling in a ride format as the creative artistic and abstract designs seen in the original Imagination. But that's only one part of the problem with putting it in Imagination.

But there's also the mission statement of the experience. Inside Out is about emotion, and how emotion and memories connect and affect the way we lead our lives. Absolutely great concept in its own right and arguably an EPCOT worthy idea to explore, but Imagination isn't where it belongs. The Imaginationland portion of the movie is an exceedingly small part of the plot and creativity isn't the central point of the story. It's about emotion.

Journey Into Imagination's mission statement brilliantly fit with the rest of EPCOT Center. It could be called the "soul" of the park in fact. EPCOT sought to celebrate the progress we've made as a species. And Imagination explored the creative process behind that progress. Sparks of inspiration that drive creativity. Starting with abstract ideas in the first few scenes and exploring how we apply, expand and structure those sparks into creative endeavors such as literature and science. It's in the iconic lyrics-

One little spark, of inspiration
Is at the heart, of all creation
Right at the start, of everything that's new
One little spark, lights up for you

We all have sparks, imaginations
That's how our minds, create creations
For they can make, our wildest dreams come true
Those magic sparks, in me and you

While the loss of rides like World of Motion and Horizons was devastating, Imagination 1.0 being destroyed may well have been the most damaging. The park lost its soul. And honestly its loss speaks to a more sweeping problem that starting affecting Disney as a whole.

Last edited:

trainplane3

From a purely money point of view, doesn't Figment sell a ton of merchandise? If they brought Dreamfinder back, imagine (hah!) how much they could sell. This is literally the only pavilion that I don't want to change. Keep the parks mascot. I would love to see Inside Out in WoL, THAT is a perfect fit. Okay, not perfect, but it would work.

Madame Medusa

The Imaginationland portion of the movie is an exceedingly small part of the plot and creativity isn't the central point of the story. It's about emotion.
That's the kind of thing that you can build on for an attraction, better than just retelling the movie in ride form. Endless room to grow with...imagination.

I think this will be Inside Out's take on Imagination rather than just a simulation of the film, which is very promising.

Phineas and Ferb do not have the timelessness or popularity a Pixar movie that made $850 million does. Most people wouldn't know what they were, and the show ended 2 years ago so by the time this comes out it'd have nearly been a decade.

peter11435

It's been discussed for several months now. Not exactly new news.

The IP has been proposed for the pavilion as a possibility. Nothing is planned for a good 5-6 years at the moment.
Meaning work might start in 5-6 years or something new could open in 5-6 years?

SpoiledBlueMilk

I kept hearing rumors about this, but nothing was confirmed at the parks panel right? It's a persistent rumor, like Ewen McGregor showing up different places tied to the announcement of a stand-alone Obi Wan movie. It's rumored, but never confirmed. I don't mind them changing it up, but the theme song in that ride is one of the most memorable. Yes, it is barren and they messed up the concept, but they can't get rid of Figment. Put him somewhere else, or make him the Epcot even mascot, which seems to be the way they are going.

Biff215

The current version of the ride and pavilion is an embarrassment, and will only look worse once Energy is gone. Unfortunately there's likely no going back to the original, so it might be best for Disney just to move on. While Inside Out has obvious connections to Cranium Command, the space is too small for a headliner and the rest of the pavilion would need to be overhauled. I'm not sure if Inside Out will be the ultimate choice for Imagination, but I think it's fairly likely we'll see a major revamp including IP in the next round of construction. It doesn't mean they can't work Figment into it as well, but IMO it's time to do something.

raven

Oh Please dont let this be true, but would love to see it being restored back to its orginal version or an update it with an trackless system.
Not this again? It's been discussed for years and years about how a trackless ride system needs a solid flat surface in order to work. Imagination doesn't have that.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I for one am happy that Inside Out isnt being implemented in that venue. Its a one trick pony and there are no follow up films in the works.

No feels, I'm all about the flames.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom