Inside Out being the focal point on the (now defunct) Wonders of Life pavilion

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I'd be ok with them replacing cranium command with an inside out ride on the condition that they also bring back body wars as it was
Barf-tastic? :)
I kid, I actually liked Body Wars. But I've never seen so many people ill or actually vomiting after a WDW ride.
They really should bring back Body Wars... Even if it was just as a small simulator attraction in Innoventions. Just as a tribute of being EPCOT's very first thrill ride.

Cmdr_Crimson

I was thinking today how this would look visually so this is my Imagineering concept...Bare in mind..Not the greatest but, it gets to a better idea on how I would see them do the attraction...The first thing is sad to say..Buzzy's Out and Joy is in for a new AA. With new animated footage used for the eyes..The other emotions alternate on top & Bottom while the plot goes on..Also in-theater effects (smoke, Strobes, Bubbles, & Smellitzers)..
Inside%20out%20concept%20idea_zpslmuytrkp.jpg

Thoughts??? :D

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I was thinking today how this would look visually so this is my Imagineering concept...Bare in mind..Not the greatest but, it gets to a better idea on how I would see them do the attraction...The first thing is sad to say..Buzzy's Out and Joy is in for a new AA. With new animated footage used for the eyes..The other emotions alternate on top & Bottom while the plot goes on..Also in-theater effects (smoke, Strobes, Bubbles, & Smellitzers)..
Inside%20out%20concept%20idea_zpslmuytrkp.jpg

Thoughts??? :D

I like it! What about the pre-show?? Any storyline ideas?

blueboxdoctor

While I'm usually not one for putting movies into EPCOT, or at least not excessively like they are doing with Frozen, I could see this working. Plus, I'm tired of empty buildings at EPCOT, so get some going again. And they can use this to try and facilitate learning, which is what the front of EPCOT was about at some point. Despite not being a big fan of the Nemo thing in their aquarium (I couldn't imagine waiting in that line just for that little ride, which I believe is an updated version of a previous ride, that if I recall correctly started off in a little theatre area with a video about the oceans, then guests were taken to the carts and rode around the aquarium), it is a good way to get kids interested in the animals there.

Cmdr_Crimson

I like it! What about the pre-show?? Any storyline ideas?

The preshow would be about Riley finding out she's going on vacation and shows the Emotions getting ready for the trip. I would have a tribute that would have Riley bumping into a boy finding out when they zoom into the head it's Buzzy & Gen Knowledge inside...

Entering the head you join the emotions on Vacation that is causing her to go through the emotions as the trip seems to have "Had some Issues" and so on ending up at Epcot and having a mini Illuminations finale (via lighting effects)..

Twilight_Roxas

Sorry for Double post but with Buzzy, and General Knowledge are they going to be in there 2D looks or upgraded to CGI looks? Plus if they somewhat have speaking parts I could see a near fight between Gen Knowledge, and Anger.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sorry for Double post but with Buzzy, and General Knowledge are they going to be in there 2D looks or upgraded to CGI looks? Plus if they somewhat have speaking parts I could see a near fight between Gen Knowledge, and Anger.

No just a brief cameo..All Riley does is bump into the kid and the emotions just wonder what's going on "His Mind" Then zooming in to find Buzzy & Gen Knowledge there for a brief second..

HolleBolleGijs

Haven't read through this entire thread, but I was at a Q&A with Pete Docter and Jonas Rivera a few weeks ago, and thought I'd ask them if Inside Out has any future in the parks (realistically I knew they wouldn't be able to tell me anything concrete).

BUT they did say that they would love to see it in Epcot and are trying to make that happen! Obviously take that with a grain of salt, but I thought I'd throw it out there to keep the dream alive!

JokersWild

Haven't read through this entire thread, but I was at a Q&A with Pete Docter and Jonas Rivera a few weeks ago, and thought I'd ask them if Inside Out has any future in the parks (realistically I knew they wouldn't be able to tell me anything concrete).

BUT they did say that they would love to see it in Epcot and are trying to make that happen! Obviously take that with a grain of salt, but I thought I'd throw it out there to keep the dream alive!
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it pops up in the Imagination Pavilion. I'd rather it in Wonders of Life, but Docter, in the pre show for the Inside Out Preview in Imagination, offhandedly remarks that the film belongs in the Imagination Pavilion. It's certainly not anything concrete, and could very well just be an offhanded remark to further tie the preview into the pavilion, but it did strike me as interesting.

Twilight_Roxas

General Knowledge said that the right side of the brain is where the emotions are so the the attraction theater is the same only were in the right side of Riley's brain with a animatronic Joy, and animated Anger, Disgust, Fear, and Sadness on the screens.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
General Knowledge said that the right side of the brain is where the emotions are so the the attraction theater is the same only were in the right side of Riley's brain with a animatronic Joy, and animated Anger, Disgust, Fear, and Sadness on the screens.
That actually makes a lot of sense!

Twilight_Roxas

Heres the script for a Inside Out attraction. If there are any changes you want let me know.

Pre-show
-------------------

*Joy appears first seeing the audience*

Joy: Oh hi thought you all weren't going to make it. Come on out there here.

*the other emotions appear*

Joy: I'm Joy, this is Sadness, Disgust, Anger, and Fear.

Sadness: Why are they here again?

Joy: Well there here to learn about emotions in the right side of the brain, and how we help Riley through out her life along with her memories.

Disgust: Them inside Riley's mind? They better not have germs or cooties.

Anger: They can't even be small to fit in her mind.

Sadness: They could get hurt.

Fear: Were going to be claustrophobic? I can't be in tiny spaces!!

Joy: Fear calm down the guys outside already upgraded headquarters to let them fit inside.

Riley's mom offscreen: Riley time to wake up. We have to hurry before we miss our flight for vacation.

Anger: Vacation!!

Fear: I might be fear, but she might need help with this!!

Disgust: Even with disgusting bugs.

Anger: Let's go!!

*everyone excluding Joy, and Sadness heads to headquarters*

Joy: See you all inside.

*Joy heads in as Sadness waves goodbye, and heads inside as well as the doors open*

Cast Memember: Once you enter Riley's head please find a place to sit, and let people through. There is no smoking, eating or drinking. Please refrain from using flash photography, and remain seated. If you need to exit please go through the exit on your right. Enjoy the wonders of the emotions.

Show
----------------
Joy (animatronic): Great your all here. Now to see if the others are. Ok check in everyone.

Sadness (screen): Checking in. I hope Riley gets comfort.

Joy: Depends on how well the vacation is.

Anger (screen): Checking in as well.

Joy: Don't try making Riley throw a fit when they refuse to buy her something like last time.

Disgust (screen): Checking in aswell. There better not be bugs on our vacation.

Joy: Don't get your hopes up.

Fear (screen): Check in too. Let's hope Riley has a safe vacation.

Joy: Will make sure Fear. Looks like there already finish packing.

Riley: Everything is ready.

Riley's dad: Let's get on the road before traffic gets bad.

*Riley gets in along with her parents*

Joy: Looks like a memory just came in. Maybe we could use it to help Riley entertain herself while heading to the airport.

*triple dent gum commercial jingle plays*

Anger: Not this jingle again!!!

Joy: Whoa calm down Anger were almost there.

Riley's mom: Were here make sure you grabbed your backpack, and suitcase.

Riley: Ok um where did my backpack go?

Fear: It's with the rest of the suitcases that is not part of the family!!

Joy: We need to get it, and fast.

*Riley chases after the backpack, and suitcase grabbing them in time*

Joy: Whew that was close.

Disgust: Ew too much sweat.

Sadness: There's a kid look at us.

*Riley looks at the boy*

Joy: Let's see what's in his mind?

*General Knowledge, and Buzzy from the former Cranium Command attraction appears on the screen*

Anger: Who are these bozos?

Joy: No time to ask we have to get to mom, and dad.

*Riley runs, and search for parents*

Fear: We lost them!! Now were completely lost!!

Sadness: This is the saddest thing that ever happen. *cries*

Joy: Ok everyone calm down. Will find them.

Fear: Someone just tap Riley!!

Joy: Fear calm down will see who it is.

Riley's dad: Thank goodness your safe.

Riley's mom: We thought we lost you. The plane gate is over here.

Riley: Guess I could do rest while were flying there.

Joy: Memory dreams could work.

*Triple Dent Gum commercial jingle plays again*

Anger: AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Joy: Ok will put that in away now.

Riley's mom: Riley were here.

Joy: Wonder where the vacation is?

*reveals there in the Magic Kingdom in front of Cinderella's Castle as fireworks go off*

Everyone: OOOOHHHH!!!!

Disgust: It's beautiful.

Fear: It's brilliant

Sadness: It's wonderful

Joy: This might be the greatest vacation ever.

Anger: It's A Small World wonder what that is?

*It's A Small World plays over, and over*

Anger: Another jingle!!!? First the gum now this? I really need calm my temper before I go ballistic!!

Joy: Remember when you us our emotions they will help you along the way. Bye

Anger: See ya

Disgust: Later

Fear: Good bye

Sadness: bye bye

Cast Members: Please remember to grab your personal belongings, and exit to your left. Enjoy the rest of your stay at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom