Inside Out being the focal point on the (now defunct) Wonders of Life pavilion

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster

EpixAndroid - "Okay, so I was just reading an article on Hypable about Inside Out. While reading the article, I thought "why can't the movie be the focal point of the Wonders of Life Pavilion?" Even though the movie is still in production, I just thought it would be a good way to slightly revamp Epcot with a movie, like the Imagineers did for The Seas with Nemo and Friends."

I was scrolling through google, bored, googling Epcot's "Cranium Command" when I found the above post on another website. I had always thought that PIXAR's upcoming movie "Inside Out" would be PERFECT for the old Cranium Command theatre! I've never particularly thought of the movie taking over the entire pavilion, though.

This.. I believe, would honestly be a great idea for EPCOT! It would be great for both the theming of Epcot AND for Disney's marketing profit.

Now I know the movie isn't even released.. But I can tell it's most likely going to be a great movie. Any other thoughts on this? There's enough main characters in the movie to make a whole pavilion themed for them!

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
220px-Inside_Out_%282015_film%29_poster.jpg
wdw_cranium2.jpg

Heck, even the head shape from the post would sort of match the entrance from CC.. Just bring CC version's nose down a little..

rct247

Unfortunately, I don't think the Wonders of Life pavilion will return, BUT I do think that it could open the possibilities for a tie in with the Imagination pavilion in the Magic Eye theater.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Well, if we want Inside Out in the parks, the way to do that is go see it repeatedly (if it's good). $$$ talks, which is why you're seeing Frozen everywhere right now.

This is true.. To be honest, I saw frozen 5 times in theaters, taking at least 2 to 4 friends each time o.o

TB4244

Cranium command is still there, but according to a CM working at the pavilion Buzzy is on his way to the archive. The rest of it is in a bit of a state and it hasn't been switched on since 2007. Body Wars has gone completely, they ripped that ride out but left CC for some reason.
But I think it'd be the ideal place to put Inside Out, what would they use the rest of the pavilion for though?

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Cranium command is still there... The rest of it is in a bit of a state and it hasn't been switched on since 2007.

But I think it'd be the ideal place to put Inside Out, what would they use the rest of the pavilion for though?

I'm sure they could just do a really deep refurb in that theatre, probably replace all of the wiring, lights and projectors ect... Mainly it's the design of the theatre that would become in great use for this idea.

As to your second part, I'm not sure! I guess you'd have to see the actual movie first to come up with a bunch of other miniature ideas!

Matt_Black

I'm sure they could just do a really deep refurb in that theatre, probably replace all of the wiring, lights and projectors ect... Mainly it's the design of the theatre that would become in great use for this idea.

As to your second part, I'm not sure! I guess you'd have to see the actual movie first to come up with a bunch of other miniature ideas!

Well, considering that Big Hero 6 seems on track to be a success, how about an area where Baymax talks about modern medical techniques, with a focus on how new technology like robotics is aiding patients?

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Well, considering that Big Hero 6 seems on track to be a success, how about an area where Baymax talks about modern medical techniques, with a focus on how new technology like robotics is aiding patients?

Big Hero 6 should become some sort of massive simulator ride in Tomorrowland.. Replacing the two Stitch's Great Escape theaters! There could be room for two simulators per theatre.. EDIT: Depending on what kind of simulator they use.

I know super heroes aren't really all that futuristic... But if monsters are futuristic, surely super heroes are on the same scale o-o I think Big Hero 6 would fit in perfectly in Tomorrowland! And that would boost up the crowd in that area of the park as well.. As well as getting rid of an attraction that most likely should have closed a few months after it opened originally.

Let's just get ride of that circular theatre. Simulator rides are always a great way to replace a very minimal amount of space! :3

Matt_Black

Big Hero 6 should become some sort of massive simulator ride in Tomorrowland.. Replacing the two Stitch's Great Escape theaters! There could be room for two simulators per theatre.. EDIT: Depending on what kind of simulator they use.

I know super heroes aren't really all that futuristic... But if monsters are futuristic, surely super heroes are on the same scale o-o I think Big Hero 6 would fit in perfectly in Tomorrowland! And that would boost up the crowd in that area of the park as well.. As well as getting rid of an attraction that most likely should have closed a few months after it opened originally.

Let's just get ride of that circular theatre. Simulator rides are always a great way to replace a very minimal amount of space! :3

Well, no reason there can't be a ride in Tomorrowland and a section at WoL for Big Hero 6. After all, there are many properties doubled up across the parks- Toy Story in MK and DHS, Finding Nemo in Epcot and AK, Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast in MK and DHS, etc.

Also, generally superheroes aren't necessarily futuristic, but BH6 does have a bit of a cyberpunk, "in the not-too distant" future vibe going on, so I say it's a better fit than the Incredibles.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Well, no reason there can't be a ride in Tomorrowland and a section at WoL for Big Hero 6. After all, there are many properties doubled up across the parks- Toy Story in MK and DHS, Finding Nemo in Epcot and AK, Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast in MK and DHS, etc.

Also, generally superheroes aren't necessarily futuristic, but BH6 does have a bit of a cyberpunk, "in the not-too distant" future vibe going on, so I say it's a better fit than the Incredibles.

I totally forgot you mentioned they would also be a good addition in the WoL pavilion.. My brain immediately asked "What if... o-o" haha cx

I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of multiple different Disney movies within one huge pavilion such as WoL! Of the movies I believe could fit in there..

Inside Out - Cranium Command theatre.

Big Hero 6
- Body Wars area. (The space is still there. Build some new simulators.)

Meet & Greet
- Goofy About Health area.

Wreck-it Ralph
- Making of Me Theatre.. A huge video game where you feel like you're really there. (Think of the head piece game at the end of Carousel of Progress)

TRON - Frontiers in Medicine.. Yea it's a pretty small space, not sure about the capacity issue that may occur. Think of a thrilling 4D experience with moving chairs and a very wide screen.
sim_5000.gif

Ahh... Yes! My dream pavilion! x3

Matt_Black

I totally forgot you mentioned they would also be a good addition in the WoL pavilion.. My brain immediately asked "What if... o-o" haha cx

I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of multiple different Disney movies within one huge pavilion such as WoL! Of the movies I believe could fit in there..

Inside Out - Cranium Command theatre.

Big Hero 6
- Body Wars area. (The space is still there. Build some new simulators.)

Meet & Greet
- Goofy About Health area.

Wreck-it Ralph
- Making of Me Theatre.. A huge video game where you feel like you're really there. (Think of the head piece game at the end of Carousel of Progress)

TRON - Frontiers in Medicine.. Yea it's a pretty small space, not sure about the capacity issue that may occur. Think of a thrilling 4D experience with moving chairs and a very wide screen.
sim_5000.gif

Ahh... Yes! My dream pavilion! x3

Uh... As much as I love TRON, what kind of theme are we going for here besides, "Disney movies that are cool?" While I'm not one of those "no cartoon characters in Epcot EVER", I think there should be both a cohesive theme and a good justification. The reason I suggested BH6 is because if Inside Out focuses on mental health, then BH6 could talk about the aforementioned technical aspects of medicine.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Uh... As much as I love TRON, what kind of theme are we going for here besides, "Disney movies that are cool?" While I'm not one of those "no cartoon characters in Epcot EVER", I think there should be both a cohesive theme and a good justification. The reason I suggested BH6 is because if Inside Out focuses on mental health, then BH6 could talk about the aforementioned technical aspects of medicine.

EDIT: Whether you saw my last post or not, it was pretty stupid. I just got over-boarded with ideas.

I'm not sure how BH6 adds to a life & health pavilion, then.

EDIT: After actually seeing the movie 4 times, you may now disregard that above post.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom