In search of a puppy...

TiggerBW

Damn right. Though I suspect they may try and fob you off with vouchers.

Still, I'm sure your story will be of great interest to somone in the media and I'm sure the Humane Society will be interested in it. Excuse my ignorance, but what is BBB?

Better Business Beauru (can't spell) You complain to them when a company or business screws up like this!!!!

Erika

I sent an email to Delta Corporate and cc'd the entire email off to the shelter, the AKC, the Humane Society, and the BBB.

I didn't even mention anything monetary...the only thing I want is something in writing from Delta to all parties saying that they will make sure this doesn't happen again and a plan of action on how this will be prevented. (As far as money is concerned...the least they could do is refund me my money).

Good for you, Bri. Who knows, maybe your persistence will save some pets down the road.

tigsmom

Lost track of this thread when I was on vacation and just came across it again.

She is beautiful! :sohappy:

Can't believe you all had to go thru that, but she made it safe and sound.
How is she adjusting?

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
She's definitely adjusting.

The first day she was so scared...and she wouldn't leave my side.

Each day she has become more "brave" and she's finally eating. She didn't eat almost the entire first day!

In about 2 weeks...she's put on 5 pounds and grown probably 2 inches.

She had a rough day on Monday...I think she got sick because she was constantly going the bathroom (both) but she got through the night ok and she was excellent yesterday (the best she's been yet).

We're finally getting into a routine...so it's going rather smoothly now.

She's not a jumper, she's not a begger, she's not a barker (yet)...she's nipping right now when she plays but I think she's beginning to teethe (is that how you spell it? :lol: ).

Obedience training starts on Saturday morning. :sohappy:

All in all she's an excellent dog and I know for a fact that this was the breed for me. She just needs a LOT of exercise :lol:

tigsmom

She's definitely adjusting.

The first day she was so scared...and she wouldn't leave my side.

Each day she has become more "brave" and she's finally eating. She didn't eat almost the entire first day!

In about 2 weeks...she's put on 5 pounds and grown probably 2 inches.

She had a rough day on Monday...I think she got sick because she was constantly going the bathroom (both) but she got through the night ok and she was excellent yesterday (the best she's been yet).

We're finally getting into a routine...so it's going rather smoothly now.

She's not a jumper, she's not a begger, she's not a barker (yet)...she's nipping right now when she plays but I think she's beginning to teethe (is that how you spell it? :lol: ).

Obedience training starts on Saturday morning. :sohappy:

All in all she's an excellent dog and I know for a fact that this was the breed for me. She just needs a LOT of exercise :lol:

So good to hear. She won't be a beggar if you don't reward that behavior (can't say I was ever good at that :eek: ). May you have many, many happy years together. :kiss:

This is the first time in years that we haven't had a dog (we had a beagle for 10 years before the 13 we had the lab and I always had a dog as a kid) and the kids really want another, but I get too attached. :(

Shaman

Glad things are going great Brian!

So good to hear. She won't be a beggar if you don't reward that behavior (can't say I was ever good at that :eek: ). May you have many, many happy years together. :kiss:

This is the first time in years that we haven't had a dog (we had a beagle for 10 years before the 13 we had the lab and I always had a dog as a kid) and the kids really want another, but I get too attached. :(

((hugs))
I know what you mean. It hits home the most for me, when I expect to hear a sound (like a bark) and there's silence, or when I expect to see my dog in a certain spot and she's not there. :(

tigsmom

Glad things are going great Brian!

((hugs))
I know what you mean. It hits home the most for me, when I expect to hear a sound (like a bark) and there's silence, or when I expect to see my dog in a certain spot and she's not there. :(

Mine has been gone since Thanksgiving and I still look in the window when I get home to see if she is waiting for me. :(

Nemo14

Mine has been gone since Thanksgiving and I still look in the window when I get home to see if she is waiting for me. :(
((hugs)) Mad. Our Golden is getting older, and it pains me to even think about the decision we'll have to make in the next couple of years....

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Awww Mad...maybe it's time for another one.

Yeah, you do get attached...but at least a new puppy will fill some of the void...and you'll definitely get some more good memories.

lunalovegoddess

When my first pet died, I didn't want to even look at other pets. It was too painful. Then, my mom came home with a black fluffball. I told myself I wouldn't let myself get attached, you know. Then the kitten growled at my mom because she stuck her finger in his food dish. (My mom has a tendency to not be able to leave something alone.) So, I started laughing, because this tiny thing told her to back off. He won me over right then and there. :D

The Mom

Premium Member
Brian, she is soooo cute!

And mad is right about the begging. When our neighbor's dog was a puppy, she would come to my backdoor (our yards connect with a gate through the fence, which we usually leave open) and I would give her a "cookie." (small milkbone)

She started to get a little plump once she was a year old, so I stopped. 6 years later, and she is still looking for her morning cookie! :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Brian, she is soooo cute!

And mad is right about the begging. When our neighbor's dog was a puppy, she would come to my backdoor (our yards connect with a gate through the fence, which we usually leave open) and I would give her a "cookie." (small milkbone)

She started to get a little plump once she was a year old, so I stopped. 6 years later, and she is still looking for her morning cookie! :lol:

Trust me...my parent's dog is more like a pot-belly pig because my parents feed her everything!

She's the fattest dog I've ever seen.

She's only getting dog food and cookies...and that's it.

Oh, and as far as the training is going...it's FINALLY WORKING!

Tina and I butt heads a little over it...because we both had different ways of going about it.

(She said, as soon as she's going in the house...pick her up and put her outside...(I agreed with this part)).

Next...she said, when we take her out...and she goes the bathroom...give her a cookie when she comes in.

This is where I didn't agree.

My thought was to take the cookie outside and give it to her as soon as she's done going the bathroom...and not wait until she comes in.

If you wait, she thinks she's getting a cookie for coming into the house...not because she went to the bathroom outside.

Needless to say, 3 days of my way...and she's going to the back door to go outside when she needs to go. (Not all the time...but we're getting there).

Cliffordsmon

You are right. Give her the cookie as soon as she goes potty. By the time she gets in the house she will think the cookie is for coming inside.

Your puppy is adorable!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom