In search of a puppy...

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
NEWS UPDATE! PUPPYWATCH 2007! hehe.

Well, you know the whole story with the 8:45 vs 10:45?

Well, they told me that they'd call me at 6:00PM and tell me what flight she was definitely on.

At 6:10 I get a call.

John in Atlanta: "Hello Brian, did the Boston airport contact you?"
Me: "No, why?"
John: "Well, it seems your dog has been in Boston since 5:30"
Me: *flying off the handle on them*

So, after leaving work (which is 3 miles from Logan)...I drive all the way home (15 miles but...still took me an hour). So, we hop back in the car and drive ALL the way back. (Now, still rush hour...and now inbound to Boston only has 3 lanes due to the HOV zipper). Yet again...another hour in the car. We get there at about 7:15.

Rita in Boston: "Hello, you must be looking for your dog."
Me: "Me, Tulsa, Cincinatti, and Atlanta apparently."
Rita: "Well, we made a mistake...she wasn't on the flight...she's coming in from Atlanta."
Me: "WHAT?!?!?!?!"
Rita: "Yeah, see we had 5 dogs on that flight and assumed one of them was yours because there was a mixup on the electronic scanning of your airbill number"
Me: *Keeping my composure as BEST I can* simply said, "Ok, then what flight is she on...and WHEN will she be here."
Rita: "Well, she's either coming in at 8:45 or 10:45"
Me: *gives her my number, takes ALL of her information, and everybody there* and tells her to call me as SOON as she is 100% sure that this is MY dog...and there are no "mishaps" and "assumptions."

So, anywho...she eventually came in on the 8:45 flight...and her name is Maggie and here is the pic of her.

She's everything I wanted in a puppy...she's so lovable, she's playful when she wants to be, she isn't constantly in our faces, and she loves playing in the snow!

So, everybody meet Maggie :)

Attachments

• DSC01245.jpg
    DSC01245.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 14

k.hunter30

Whew! But she sure looks worth all this hassle!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!:sohappy:

Will you give us updates on how she's adapting with her new family (wonderfully - I'm sure) and more pictures?! I feel like I know the little girl after reading all this!

Number_6

I'm glad to hear that she made it to you safely, even if it was a lot of hassle. Enjoy her and see if she'll chase snowballs when you throw them... :lol:

TiggerBW

CONGRATS ON FINALLY GETTING HER!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So glad it all worked out. What a fiasco!!!!!!!!!!
She is adorable! Enjoy puppy life! I'm experiencing that now with my new puppy. He's been with us a week today. Fun stuff! :sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Adorable. Glad she arrived safe and sound.

Are you going to tear Delta a new a$$?

You can say that again...

Ya know...if it was a piece of luggage, I wouldn't have cared...it would've been a hassle...but it really wouldn't have bothered me.

And, actually, up until I found out that "she had been in Boston since 5:30" I was calm about it. When I heard that...I snapped. (Even Tina said she had never seen me so mad!)

But then...to get to the airport...and say that she wasn't there...it must've been a mishap...That was it...I didn't go off on the lady there, I held my composure...but to word it as a "mishap" just seemed to disregard it all.

I mean, that puppy had been at the airport and in planes for 15 hours...in just a crate. If that's not cruelty to animals, I don't know what is.

I sent an email to Delta Corporate and cc'd the entire email off to the shelter, the AKC, the Humane Society, and the BBB.

I didn't even mention anything monetary...the only thing I want is something in writing from Delta to all parties saying that they will make sure this doesn't happen again and a plan of action on how this will be prevented. (As far as money is concerned...the least they could do is refund me my money).

barnum42

You can say that again...

Ya know...if it was a piece of luggage, I wouldn't have cared...it would've been a hassle...but it really wouldn't have bothered me.

And, actually, up until I found out that "she had been in Boston since 5:30" I was calm about it. When I heard that...I snapped. (Even Tina said she had never seen me so mad!)

But then...to get to the airport...and say that she wasn't there...it must've been a mishap...That was it...I didn't go off on the lady there, I held my composure...but to word it as a "mishap" just seemed to disregard it all.

I mean, that puppy had been at the airport and in planes for 15 hours...in just a crate. If that's not cruelty to animals, I don't know what is.

I sent an email to Delta Corporate and cc'd the entire email off to the shelter, the AKC, the Humane Society, and the BBB.

I didn't even mention anything monetary...the only thing I want is something in writing from Delta to all parties saying that they will make sure this doesn't happen again and a plan of action on how this will be prevented. (As far as money is concerned...the least they could do is refund me my money).
Damn right. Though I suspect they may try and fob you off with vouchers.

Still, I'm sure your story will be of great interest to somone in the media and I'm sure the Humane Society will be interested in it. Excuse my ignorance, but what is BBB?

diddy_mouse

I'm glad to hear she made it home with you, safe and sound!

To me this definitely falls under animal cruelty...I mean 15 hours?! And the fact that they made it sound like she was a piece of luggage is just... :zipit:

Anywhoo....very happy for you and hope you enjoy life with your new addition!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom