IMPORTANT: Posting Guidelines

thinkerbell

Account Suspended
Like I said previously, I've been reading these boards for over a month, not long, but long enough to see that some members here are very rude. I have not posted anything in the past that is argumentative or confrontational. I was truly insulted by the post in question. Based on what I read from administrators, if you feel a post is unacceptable to please report it, which I did and one other that I know of, not to mention the posters of that thread stating how rude they thought this particular post is. I waited to see if action would be taken, but as we all know nothing was done, and no explaination offered as to why. The only thing i surmise now is that the administrators are hypocrites. "Please report problem posts" they ask, yet do nothing about them apparently.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
thinkerbell said:
Like I said previously, I've been reading these boards for over a month, not long, but long enough to see that some members here are very rude. I have not posted anything in the past that is argumentative or confrontational. I was truly insulted by the post in question. Based on what I read from administrators, if you feel a post is unacceptable to please report it, which I did and one other that I know of, not to mention the posters of that thread stating how rude they thought this particular post is. I waited to see if action would be taken, but as we all know nothing was done, and no explaination offered as to why. The only thing i surmise now is that the administrators are hypocrites. "Please report problem posts" they ask, yet do nothing about them apparently.

I am assuming from this that you have chosen option 2 from above.

SpongeScott

thinkerbell said:
I doubt you'll be posting here much longer, whether that's by your choice or not. Please do go to another Disney forum and you'll find rude people there too. You'll find rude people on any forum for any subject. It's a fact of life. I'm sorry you were insulted, but you did what you were supposed to do and from there it's out of your hands. Now you've overstepped your boundaries.

Happy trails to you.....

wannab@dis

thinkerbell said:

:wave:

NowInc

thinkerbell said:

and how do you know no action was taken? 9 times out of 10 when a post is reported the first step is a private message to the offender asking them to refrain from further activities. Usually thats enough. Its never a good idea to make a public spectacle of someone on their first offence.

Sorry that you werent "kept up to date" with what was going on, but honestly, theres no need to be. If actions continue after warnings are issued, than more harsh actions are taken. Plain and simple. I dont see why you feel the need to be informed as to what was done. This isnt your personal forum, things are run here the same way they've been run for years..without issue.

dflye

thinkerbell said:
Like I said previously, I've been reading these boards for over a month, not long, but long enough to see that some members here are very rude.
And that led you to the conclusion that your particular flavor of thin-skinned naivety is the norm here, and that every stray rude thread is crushed on sight?

When reading posts by some members like woody and thrawn, you need to take what they say with a grain of salt (heck, the whole cellar, sometimes.) Often they are making a valid point, just not in the polite world you apparently live in where Peter Pan is the norm.

But just like the sordid things you see on the evening news or read in the newspaper, you can't just wish a rude post away. If you don't like it, move on, the dead horse you are beating is getting rather flat.

PigletIsMyCat

I love these forums, and hate some of the people on them. But that is what makes forums great: the ability to have a mature (usually) debate with other mature (usually) WDW fans. We all get a little heated sometimes, but this is the best site with forums that I have ever been involved with.

And I'm glad it is kept that way by people that are intelligent and tolerant.

(wanders off to start a fight in another thread) hehe.... just kidding

ogryn

wdwmagic said:
How many times do I need to tell you this before it sinks in?

1. Administrators do not reply to members who report posts, due to the sheer number involved.

2. All reported posts are looked at, and action taken where needed.

3. The action taken may be visible to other members, or it may be conducted in private.

4. In some cases, following a review of the thread reported, no action is taken.

5. Moderation will not be changed by someone repeatedly asking for it to be done.

6. If a member doesnt like the moderation system here, it would be better for all parties if that member posts elsewhere.

It's a sad day when Steve has to explain himself like this. We had a right Mary Whitehouse there... :rolleyes:

Connor002

Arguing with the owner, a good idea is not.
yoda.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom