I'm so sad

LaurenDVC

Original Poster
I'm a DVC member and I just returned from a 3 day trip to bay lake tower. I'm just sad cuz I have never seen so many unfriendly cast members who can't even smile. And they don't even acknowledge you when you walk up to the counter at a shop or counter service restaurant. Even in some of the shops at Epcot cast members were just standing around talking while I'm waiting to checkout. I just miss the way things used to be. I've been going since I was 3 when Epcot first opened.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm a DVC member and I just returned from a 3 day trip to bay lake tower. I'm just sad cuz I have never seen so many unfriendly cast members who can't even smile. And they don't even acknowledge you when you walk up to the counter at a shop or counter service restaurant. Even in some of the shops at Epcot cast members were just standing around talking while I'm waiting to checkout. I just miss the way things used to be. I've been going since I was 3 when Epcot first opened.

Unfortunately you will just see more of this as what do you expect from CM's who hear Disney just made a record amount of money yet their 'reward' was to have their hours cut back and staffing cut to the bone so everyone has to work harder. Yet on the executive levels it's bonuses all around. CM's are people and need to be treated as such Disney is treating them like crap and well you get what you see today

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Unfortunately you will just see more of this as what do you expect from CM's who hear Disney just made a record amount of money yet their 'reward' was to have their hours cut back and staffing cut to the bone so everyone has to work harder. Yet on the executive levels it's bonuses all around. CM's are people and need to be treated as such Disney is treating them like crap and well you get what you see today

Still not an excuse to not smile or be not as chipper and friendly. I have worked jobs that were not always going great or I got to where I was not happy but I still put on a big smile and gave great customer service every single day. If you can't do that then you need to move on to another job where you are more happy and can provide a top level of customer service. That's what a customer service job needs to be you leave your problems out of your work while on stage in front of customers. :)

TalkingHead

The CM hostesses at Sanaa were not friendly the last time we went even after we had to wait 45 min past our reservations for a table.

The waiter was much better, but still for what Disney charges, it should be good service all the way around. Unfortunately you don't get what you pay for at WDW these days.

ThemeParkJunkee

I've noticed this a lot with restaurant CMs. Lots of chatting at the servers station, ignoring guests. I was seated at Hollywood Brown Derby for my scheduled ADR for 20 minutes without receiving a menu or water or any sort of acknowlegement at 11AM while CMs just stood around chatting. We finally got up, told the check in desk we were leaving and why and left. Unfortunately, the only thing we could do was CS in DHS and, as predicted, it was quite bad.

sxeensweet

Thanks for more reasons for us to not join DVC.

This has nothing to do with DVC she mentioned shops and counter service restaurants as examples and BLT does not have a shop or counter service in there you have to go next door to Contemporary. We are DVC members ourselves and still love our trips to WDW and have not seen much if any of a decline in service across WDW and our resorts. This still is not the norm of the customer service st WDW. :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Still not an excuse to not smile or be not as chipper and friendly. I have worked jobs that were not always going great or I got to where I was not happy but I still put on a big smile and gave great customer service every single day. If you can't do that then you need to move on to another job where you are more happy and can provide a top level of customer service. That's what a customer service job needs to be you leave your problems out of your work while on stage in front of customers. :)

People can wear a mask for only so long, Further most Disney CM's dont have the resources to 'find another job' as that would most likely mean moving from greater orlando.

NelsonRD

This has nothing to do with DVC she mentioned shops and counter service restaurants as examples and BLT does not have a shop or counter service in there you have to go next door to Contemporary. We are DVC members ourselves and still love our trips to WDW and have not seen much if any of a decline in service across WDW and our resorts. This still is not the norm of the customer service st WDW. :)

It has everything to do with DVC. It is a post that demonstrates dissatisfaction with Disney, however, being a DVC member, to maintain your DVC value, your options to vacation elsewhere are limited, as you are paying each month to Disney. I understand some experiences will be better than others, but if the current trend continues, DVC members might possibly place less value on their memberships.

sxeensweet

People can wear a mask for only so long, Further most Disney CM's dont have the resources to 'find another job' as that would most likely mean moving from greater orlando.

Yes that may be true for those from another country on a visa to work at WDW but still no excuse, but there are plenty from the US that work there and they have other job opportunities in and all around Orlando area it's a large city there is other stuff out there. Shoot if you have to go work at McDonalds hey nothing wrong with that its a job. Lol If your that unhappy and can't no longer put on a happy face which I'm sorry you always can if you really want to put on a good face and make your customers happy (I've had to do that is most jobs I have ever had), and if you refuse to well you need to look for work elsewhere as its not the customers fault that you don't like your workplace (even if unruly guests you still always smile and be nice back). And for the ones on visas if they don't like their job anymore they can go back their country earlier than expected as they do always have and end date anyway before renewing. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to stay and work for WDW or any other company that your not happy at. Acting rude and such if people complain can and eventually will get you fired. It's better to leave a job on good terms than to end up getting fired for not providing great customer service. There is NEVER an excuse for anyone to consistently be rude or not on par with their customer service no matter how your employer or customers are treating you. Plain and simple. I'm not perfect as anyone can have a bad day here and there as myself, but if you are constantly being rude and can't put on a smile most days then it's time to try and move on. :oops:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It has everything to do with DVC. It is a post that demonstrates dissatisfaction with Disney, however, being a DVC member, to maintain your DVC value, your options to vacation elsewhere are limited, as you are paying each month to Disney. I understand some experiences will be better than others, but if the current trend continues, DVC members might possibly place less value on their memberships.
The resale market is still booming. Those points are real easy to sell:greedy::):cool:

sxeensweet

I don't agree that will happen but you have a right to your opinion. The majority of folks that buy DVC are happy with it that I have ever met or talk to currently. Shoot DVC made over 1 billion is direct sales since 2013! And it's fairly easy to sell your contract on the resale market if need be or you want to. Yes you may lose some money when you sell but you do what you gotta do. Your are not obligated to keep it if your unhappy. You can even rent out your points every year and easily make triple or more than your dues you owe for the year etc and then use that money to go elsewhere if your so unhappy with Disney. Lol :rolleyes:

ItlngrlBella

People's expectations (especially in be customer/guest services department) are higher at Disney than any otherplace.

Hell, Disney trains other companies in customer service at their Disney Institute, but I keep seeing/hearing more and more people dissatisfied with the service at their parks and resorts. Dont get me wrong - there are many outstanding CM's that go above and beyond and make magic, but if Dinsey keeps treating employees like crap while they take in record profits, you will continue to see morale go down and mediocre service.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Then why buy into it at all if you are already looking into your exit strategy? Especially before your break even point.
Not sure I follow what you are saying. The original poster said she owned DVC and is sad after her last trip to WDW. If the bad experience means she doesn't want to go back she has an easy out. Sell the points.

If you say you are on the fence about buying into DVC and this thread sways your decision in any way, you weren't really on the fence;)

AndyS2992

If you think Disney World is bad, try visiting Disneyland Paris lol A lot of the CMs are just awful. I love Disneyland Paris but they really need to work on that. WDW CMs are the complete opposite in my experience.

nickmad

I have been a DVC member for 12 years and do not regret buying into it at all. I can remember a few years ago CMs were in dispute with Disney over pay, there were even TV crews filming interviews in some of the car parks, but generally there was not any noticeable difference in service levels. The only thing that we have noticed is that the level of cleanliness seems to have slipped a bit, presumably because of cuts in numbers.
As a comparison, I recently spent a couple of days in Universal Studios and IOA and thought the level of service was appalling. Both counter service restaurants we ate in were very slow in getting served, the food was poor and the staff seems to have a cannot be bothered attitude. Even the security checks at Universal were a joke; inefficient, slow and being delayed by a ridiculous level of checking bags in some lines. I believe WDW are more professional and have better trained teams.

Bocabear

If you think Disney World is bad, try visiting Disneyland Paris lol A lot of the CMs are just awful. I love Disneyland Paris but they really need to work on that. WDW CMs are the complete opposite in my experience.
OMG we had some really strange cast interactions in Disneyland Paris...it's like the cast members are not there to serve you, but they feel like they are actually celebrities because they work there... I asked one young woman if I could get some cream for the coffee i just bought and she stopped, looked at me square in the face, and said "no" and then walked away...and she was not kidding. There was a certain haughty arrogance to a majority of the cast members we interacted with... It was very odd...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom