I'm Over It

KCheatle

Original Poster
I know it's beating a dead horse here, but I am so tired of Frozen. It was a good movie. Not a great movie, IMHO. I'm still not sure why it got as much attention as it did - the music maybe?? Whatever the reason, I am done with it taking over everything. It took over HS, which was a terrible idea because in no way, shape, or form does the theme of Frozen even kind of fit the theme of HS (well, to the extent HS still has a theme; but that's an entirely different rant for an entirely different day). It's taking over Norway, which absolutely drives me crazy. I am okay with princesses in the countries because it does add something for the kids to the WS, sure. But, to overhaul the Norway ride with Frozen? Really?!? The M&G completely ruined park opening for MK, and now the Christmas show at MK is going down the toilet. Beyond just the parks, it's all over the stores with the Halloween costumes and blankets and crap, and all of those annoying YouTube videos of people singing the songs which filled up my Facebook feed for months; and now it took over my show Once Upon a Time --is there no escaping it?!?!?!

lebeau

I'm kind of over people complaining about Frozen.

Clearly there is still a demand for Frozen. The lines indicate that supply has yet to meet demand. Frozen is easily avoidable, just don't get in line. And yet, people can't stop bellyaching.

I am surprised to discover people still watch Once Upon a Time.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
What matters is that every little girl going to Walt Disney World is still not over it and wants to see more of it. Disney is just wanting to give the majority of people coming in the gate what they are looking for. Universal is doing the same thing with Harry Potter. I was over that at the end of the 4th movie, but they are still going strong with what the public wants.

KCheatle

Original Poster
Welp...the fact that other people aren't tired of it doesn't change the fact that I am. And Frozen is not "easily avoidable" -- it's everywhere! Now, as far as the Christmas show and the overlays at HS, when the hype dies down, which it will, those can be changed. But, to change Norway is just bad form. The WS countries shouldn't be significantly altered to meet a trend which, like all trends, has an expiration date.

MickeyMomV

:banghead:
I know it's beating a dead horse here, but I am so tired of Frozen. It was a good movie. Not a great movie, IMHO. I'm still not sure why it got as much attention as it did - the music maybe?? Whatever the reason, I am done with it taking over everything. It took over HS, which was a terrible idea because in no way, shape, or form does the theme of Frozen even kind of fit the theme of HS (well, to the extent HS still has a theme; but that's an entirely different rant for an entirely different day). It's taking over Norway, which absolutely drives me crazy. I am okay with princesses in the countries because it does add something for the kids to the WS, sure. But, to overhaul the Norway ride with Frozen? Really?!? The M&G completely ruined park opening for MK, and now the Christmas show at MK is going down the toilet. Beyond just the parks, it's all over the stores with the Halloween costumes and blankets and crap, and all of those annoying YouTube videos of people singing the songs which filled up my Facebook feed for months; and now it took over my show Once Upon a Time --is there no escaping it?!?!?!
I hear the song "Let it Go, Let it Go" come into my head. My husband feels the same way right now. We are going again in February and he hopes that the hype will have settled down to say the least. :banghead:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
There are threads dedicated to each of your complaints where you can complain with like minded people -

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...o-begin-november-5.891005/page-2#post-6355494

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...streets-of-america.890960/page-2#post-6355103

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-norway-pavilion.890006/page-164#post-6348908

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/frozen-gals-on-once-upon-a-time.882832/

I would like to note that Frozen has made over a billion dollars in theaters and OUAT went up 31% in viewership for their first episode this season - the best rating in 2 years.

Little kids and apparently adults that watch Once are still into Frozen in large numbers. Expect to see lots of little Annas, Elsas and Olafs this Halloween

Last edited:

lebeau

Welp...the fact that other people aren't tired of it doesn't change the fact that I am. And Frozen is not "easily avoidable" -- it's everywhere! Now, as far as the Christmas show and the overlays at HS, when the hype dies down, which it will, those can be changed. But, to change Norway is just bad form. The WS countries shouldn't be significantly altered to meet a trend which, like all trends, has an expiration date.

How is it unavoidable?

A meet and greet you don't have to attend?
Part of a parade you don't have to view?
A shop in a remote part of DHS you don't have to shop at?
A Christmas show you don't have to see?
A make-over of a ride that won't open for at least another year?

Who is pointing a gun to your head and making you do these things?

I don't like putting Frozen in the World Showcase either. If you want to complain about that, I'm 100% behind you. But the idea that you are being assaulted by Frozen at Disney World is silly. There are other properties which are much more strongly represented despite being less popular.

Now people complaining about Frozen, that's everywhere!

lebeau

Now come on.. yes it's cheesy and yes the acting isn't the best but I love how they intertwine the characters. It's just another way to get my Disney fix.

Far be it from me to judge someone else's junk TV habits. I watch Agents of SHIELD and Gotham for my super hero fix. (Although either of those shows could be cut at any moment.) I hung in there with OUAT for a while. But eventually, it just became too stupid to tolerate. More power to anyone who still enjoys it. But complaining about Frozen on OUAT is kind of like complaining when Samuel L Jackson makes a guest appearance on Agents of SHIELD.

madtea_party

I know this is overkill, but I just have to rant finally about this.
I don't think the issue for me is that it seems to be everywhere, but that fact that it is being hyped up into this Disney classic. It's a cute movie and Elsa is pretty awesome. Let It Go, besides Menzel's singing, is kind of average. Idk, I have the Disney movies that I like, but I'm more of a Disney parks person anyway lol:happy:

Real talk though: Tangled was a far better movie IMHO. And all it got was a bathroom. Heck, even Wreck it Ralph was tons better than it.

imagineer boy

I'm with you 100%! I too thought the movie was only good, not great. The only thing about it that really stood out to me was the ending moral in that an act of true love does not have to just be between two lovers. That was outstanding. The rest I thought was just average. And honestly, why are people treating this as the ONLY Disney movie to have strong female characters? Were you people in a coma during the 90s renaissance?

And sadly this is the way Disney works now days. If they have a franchise or character that is even remotely popular, they will market the living hell out of it and jam it wherever it can go without even giving a thought about the fact that the hype may die down in a few years.

Astro_Digital

So it made a billion international is that how we judge quality?
Does anybody watch it now?

Live and let live, people want the hype let them alone.... me I will just move on and do something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom