I'm Over It

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
And sadly this is the way Disney works now days. If they have a franchise or character that is even remotely popular, they will market the living hell out of it and jam it wherever it can go without even giving a thought about the fact that the hype may die down in a few years.

You are acting like this is a NEW thing Disneyland stated this when Walt was around. They had parades for new movies all the time. WDW had a Mulan parade when it came out. Sleeping Beauty Castle was put in over Snow White Castle to promote the new movie.

Cmdr_Crimson

Let's not forget about the OTHER Movie that was hyped and had a ton of promotion when it first came out (Even having a Parade, 2 Different stage shows, and a Movie recyling films from an older movie and still big on Broadway)
Logo.gif

If Frozen never won the little Golden Man....We would have seen nothing...Just a Meet & Greet and they'd be brushed to the side like the other princesess's

KCheatle

Original Poster
I know this is overkill, but I just have to rant finally about this.
I don't think the issue for me is that it seems to be everywhere, but that fact that it is being hyped up into this Disney classic. It's a cute movie and Elsa is pretty awesome. Let It Go, besides Menzel's singing, is kind of average. Idk, I have the Disney movies that I like, but I'm more of a Disney parks person anyway lol:happy:

Real talk though: Tangled was a far better movie IMHO. And all it got was a bathroom. Heck, even Wreck it Ralph was tons better than it.

I totally agree. I just don't get it!?!? Sure, it was a cute movie, and I don't regret the ticket prices for me and my kids to see it in the theater. But, it is not worth significantly altering 3 parks for it.

KCheatle

Original Poster
Now come on.. yes it's cheesy and yes the acting isn't the best but I love how they intertwine the characters. It's just another way to get my Disney fix.

I love it too! And, I was excited for this season, until I watched the re-cap on Sunday and they said that Frozen is like the foundation of the plot this season. That's when I was like, really? I have to watch the whole dang story again? And, there's not even anything interesting about it. It's like they literally took the characters from the movie and put them on the show. The other characters in the show have some background or foundation which make them less "cartoon-ey" and more dynamic. But, apparently with the Frozen characters, we're just leaving it surface level...If it was just a little nod to Frozen, I'd be fine with it. But, to make the primary story line be Frozen...ugh...

raven

How is it unavoidable?

A meet and greet you don't have to attend?
Part of a parade you don't have to view?
A shop in a remote part of DHS you don't have to shop at?
A Christmas show you don't have to see?
A make-over of a ride that won't open for at least another year?

Who is pointing a gun to your head and making you do these things?

First off the OP has a right to post their oppinion so we can't attack them for voicing it on a "forum." Sorry but much like you told them to just not go you can just not reply.

But what the OP is basically saying that is Disney has nearly completely saturated many areas of WDW with the movie and it is indeed difficult not to run into them. They've pushed Frozen so much that it's starting to have an opposite effect for some people. It was a good movie, and I realize it's simply for marketing, but they should dedicate it to one park to keep everyone happy.

KCheatle

Original Poster
How is it unavoidable?

I don't like putting Frozen in the World Showcase either. If you want to complain about that, I'm 100% behind you. But the idea that you are being assaulted by Frozen at Disney World is silly. There are other properties which are much more strongly represented despite being less popular.

Now people complaining about Frozen, that's everywhere!

(1) A Meet and Greet which completely altered the opening of MK and which I had no choice but to participate in.
(2) How do I not view part of a parade??? Are you suggesting that I just turn my back on the parade during the Frozen part? And, not to mention, the fact that it's in the parade doesn't bother me. That's exactly the role a popular movie should have in the parks.
(3) A shop which was put in after they closed down what used to be the best ride in the park and was one of the few remaining attractions and shops true to the vision of HS. And you forgot to mention how you can't avoid Frozen at HS because the second you walk in, there it is. The dang show goes all day every day in the dead center of the park and there's snow falling on you as you walk by.And they're pushing Olaf fans as you walk in. Good luck avoiding that.
(4) I can avoid the Christmas show. But, that's because I already went this year and won't be back for Christmas. But, if I were going for Christmas, I'd be upset because I should be able to enjoy the park shows that come with the purchase of my ticket without having to hear about Frozen...again...
(5) A legitimately educational ride which taught about the history and fables of Norway. And, are you seriously arguing that this is ok? And good luck avoiding the hype when it's done - it'll be everywhere. When I told my DD (8) about this, even she said that we needed to ride the Norway ride one more time before they took it away. Even my 8-year-old recognizes how bad of an idea it is.

Ryan Toaddy

How is it unavoidable?

I don't like putting Frozen in the World Showcase either. If you want to complain about that, I'm 100% behind you. But the idea that you are being assaulted by Frozen at Disney World is silly. There are other properties which are much more strongly represented despite being less popular.

Now people complaining about Frozen, that's everywhere!
I will say that Frozen had kinda thrown up all over DHS when I was there a few weeks ago

jakeman

(1) A Meet and Greet which completely altered the opening of MK and which I had no choice but to participate in.
Wow...you're force to arrive at MK at opening and head straight to the meet and greet? I would write a letter if Disney is forcing you on a ride.
(2) How do I not view part of a parade??? Are you suggesting that I just turn my back on the parade during the Frozen part? And, not to mention, the fact that it's in the parade doesn't bother me. That's exactly the role a popular movie should have in the parks.
Well since this part you're okay with, I'll get on the phone and let them know to keep it.
(3) A shop which was put in after they closed down what used to be the best ride in the park and was one of the few remaining attractions and shops true to the vision of HS. And you forgot to mention how you can't avoid Frozen at HS because the second you walk in, there it is. The dang show goes all day every day in the dead center of the park and there's snow falling on you as you walk by.And they're pushing Olaf fans as you walk in. Good luck avoiding that.
What shop replaced a ride?
(4) I can avoid the Christmas show. But, that's because I already went this year and won't be back for Christmas. But, if I were going for Christmas, I'd be upset because I should be able to enjoy the park shows that come with the purchase of my ticket without having to hear about Frozen...again...
Whoa...your park tickets allow you dictate what Disney properties you are exposed to? That's awesome.
(5) A legitimately educational ride which taught about the history and fables of Norway. And, are you seriously arguing that this is ok? And good luck avoiding the hype when it's done - it'll be everywhere. When I told my DD (8) about this, even she said that we needed to ride the Norway ride one more time before they took it away. Even my 8-year-old recognizes how bad of an idea it is.
I don't think anyone said it was okay, but don't kid yourself, it's not like people jumped off Maelstrom speaking Norwegian. At most folks learned that there are polar bears, trolls, and an oil rig in Norway.

lebeau

First off the OP has a right to post their oppinion so we can't attack them for voicing it on a "forum." Sorry but much like you told them to just not go you can just not reply.

But what the OP is basically saying that is Disney has nearly completely saturated many areas of WDW with the movie and it is indeed difficult not to run into them. They've pushed Frozen so much that it's starting to have an opposite effect for some people. It was a good movie, and I realize it's simply for marketing, but they should dedicate it to one park to keep everyone happy.

So you're responding to tell me that she is entitled to her opinion but I am not entitled to respond with my opinion of her opinion. :confused: That makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

My point is, it's not remotely saturated. I backed up my point by listing the handful of Frozen-related things most of which one would have to go out of their way to see and one of which won't be complete for more than a year. S if that was her point, it was kind of weak. Which is why I opted to reply. ;)

1. Not sure what you mean. It didn't impact the opening of MK at all when I went in May/June. But even if it did, what would you have Disney do? Clearly there is a demand for the meet and greet. They shouldn't have it because you're "over Frozen"?
2. It's half a float! Heck, they rotate so even the half a float is only visible for 1/2 the time. I found it hard to snap a picture of them they went by so fast. And last I checked, the Festival of Fantasy parade which happens only once a day and includes dozens of other characters is hardly mandatory viewing.
3. The store replaced AFI if I'm not mistaken. I won't argue over which is a better use of the space. But I bet I know which is more popular. You're complaining about the Frozen fun summer promotion? The promotion that basically saved the summer for DHS? The promotion that was extended by popular demand? That's you're complaint?
4. So we agree. Easily avoided.
5. As I said, I am not in favor of the change. But it's hardly unavoidable when it hasn't even started consturction yet.

Obviously, you're sick of Frozen. That's your prerogative. But the idea that Disney is jamming it down your throat at Disney World is hard to support. There's really very little Frozen in the park right now given the movie's broad appeal. Perhaps what's there just seems oppressive given your rather extreme opinion of the source material.

I will say that Frozen had kinda thrown up all over DHS when I was there a few weeks ago

Fair enough. But DHS desperately needed it. Without Frozen, that place would have been a ghost town.

KCheatle

Original Poster
Wow...you're force to arrive at MK at opening and head straight to the meet and greet? I would write a letter if Disney is forcing you on a ride.
Well since this part you're okay with, I'll get on the phone and let them know to keep it.
What shop replaced a ride?
Whoa...your park tickets allow you dictate what Disney properties you are exposed to? That's awesome.
I don't think anyone said it was okay, but don't kid yourself, it's not like people jumped off Maelstrom speaking Norwegian. At most folks learned that there are polar bears, trolls, and an oil rig in Norway.

I didn't say Disney was forcing me on a ride. It's forcing me to participate in a new park opening procedure which was put in place as a result of the Frozen chaos instead of just offering more Frozen M&Gs. It's like they find some sort of sick joy in the chaos of it instead of just fixing the problem. It's not like there's legitimately only 1 Elsa and Anna?? Not sure why they couldn't just expand the M&G to meet the demand?? But, no, they have to dictate where and at what speed we now walk through the park at opening.

I'm not sure why you're offended by the parade comment, as it is true. I'm not asking that they completely eliminate Frozen from the parks, and the parade is a rationale place for it to be; just like every other movie that's popular.

The Backlot tour's corresponding, and very interesting, shop was replaced by Frozen crap.

Your next comment doesn't make any sense.

People still learned about Norway. No one expected the education to be on a doctoral-level. But, at least it was accurate. Now they are going to leave thinking that Arendale is a real place.

jakeman

I didn't say Disney was forcing me on a ride. It's forcing me to participate in a new park opening procedure which was put in place as a result of the Frozen chaos instead of just offering more Frozen M&Gs. It's like they find some sort of sick joy in the chaos of it instead of just fixing the problem. It's not like there's legitimately only 1 Elsa and Anna?? Not sure why they couldn't just expand the M&G to meet the demand?? But, no, they have to dictate where and at what speed we now walk through the park at opening.
Well! That's even worse that the cast members are forcing you to move at a pace you aren't comfortable with. You really should escalate this issue.

I'm not sure why you're offended by the parade comment, as it is true. I'm not asking that they completely eliminate Frozen from the parks, and the parade is a rationale place for it to be; just like every other movie that's popular.
You're just asking they only put Frozen where you think it should be. Got it. I'll be sure to relay that to the mouse.

The Backlot tour's corresponding, and very interesting, shop was replaced by Frozen crap.
You mean the shop that would have absolutely no relevance because the attraction it is attached to is closed? You mean the shop they moved so they could begin prepping the area for quite possibly an expansion of the whole park? Yeah, they're really baby punchers that group.

Your next comment doesn't make any sense.

People still learned about Norway. No one expected the education to be on a doctoral-level. But, at least it was accurate. Now they are going to leave thinking that Arendale is a real place.
So Epcot should aim for sub-elementary school level of knowledge? Got it.

baloofigment14

I think everyone should focus on a much better Disney movie such as The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, or The Aristocats to name a few. As Fillmore says, "Respect the classics, man!"

Bluewaves

Gotta get that milk from the cash cow while the gettin's good!

I think this is exactly the problem, there have been a large number of high profile flops over the past couple of years coming from the Disney Studios, Lone Ranger, John Carter, etc... or even movies that just haven't lived up to what they should be. Disney found something that is hot, hotter than their movies have been in a while, and they are going to suck every last single drop of everything from it that they can.

Meet and Greet and an attraction in the Magic Kingdom would be appropriate assuming this film has staying power, the insanity is a little much for me, Walt always said he wanted his parks to be a place for the whole family to enjoy. Lately it seems to me that they are playing at a very specific demo across the whole resort, young girls , teens and pre-teens and honestly are turning off a large number of other folks who normally enjoy Disney.

The fact that they used Frozen to as one poster said "save the season" for DHS speaks to a larger problem where there is no strategic plan being followed and just a bunch of knee jerk reactions. My last trip to the world I was in Orlando for a week , I spent more time at the Kennedy Space Center than I did at DHS, while staying on property.

I personally feel the run a risk of overdoing it. You can only keep shoving the same characters down someones throat for so long before fatigue sets in. I have a feeling that within a year or two Frozen will be so yesterday that Disney will look like a bunch of fools, but that is just my opinion. I think it says something when they are willing to put the Frozen attraction in Epcot instead of the flagship Magic Kingdom which would require a much larger investment of both valuable real estate and money.

I know I will be taking my money else where for my next trip, maybe I'll be back for Epcot's 35th

lebeau

I think everyone should focus on a much better Disney movie such as The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, or The Aristocats to name a few. As Fillmore says, "Respect the classics, man!"

Really? Aristocats and Robin Hood? Just because they are old, doesn't make them classics.

RT ratings:

Atristocats - 66%
Robin Hood - 52%
Frozen - 89%

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom