Iger: No plans for a third gate in Anaheim "at the present", but Disneyland expansion coming.

Walt Disney1955

To be honest, Disneyland Resort is just perfect the way it is. The hotels are close, Downtown Disney is right there in between the two parks, and you can walk to each park within a couple of minutes. DCA can use a little bit more, but Disneyland is about as good a park can possibly get. Of all parks in the States, I rate DCA 3rd, which says something. It was a wonderful experience.

I say the main problem was the parking with Disneyland. Find a way to move that traffic better. Create another lot, etc. Anything. That is the biggest issue from when we were there.

Vegas Disney Fan

To be honest, Disneyland Resort is just perfect the way it is. The hotels are close, Downtown Disney is right there in between the two parks, and you can walk to each park within a couple of minutes. DCA can use a little bit more, but Disneyland is about as good a park can possibly get. Of all parks in the States, I rate DCA 3rd, which says something. It was a wonderful experience.

I say the main problem was the parking with Disneyland. Find a way to move that traffic better. Create another lot, etc. Anything. That is the biggest issue from when we were there.

Totally agree, DCA is my third favorite park after DL and MK. There are quite a few minor things I'd change but the only major thing I don't like about DLR is the parking situation, I stayed at a hotel a couple miles away once and will never do it again, being within walking distance is an absolute must at DL.

Having said that I'd love to see a third gate, both DLR parks seem to be getting busier by the day. I love DLR but there have been a couple days the parks were so packed I've left the park around noon and only came back for the nighttime entertainment. It's pretty sad when relaxing at my hotel is more fun than dealing with the crowds at my favorite place on earth.

ght

Are you people seriously suggesting a little short walk beats an overcrowded 'third world city' bus system?

More to the point, I love new gates. They help spread out the crowds. For all its empty corners, DL's pathways and shows are awfully crowded. On the other hand, the very density of DL seems to be behind its charm and success. It creates density, layeredness, creative solutions that make it feel warm and urban.
That is the biggest plus to me for an additional gate, to spread out the crowds. That could even be a benefit of not having the convenience of proximity that the 2 existing parks have, keeping a portion of the crowd out of the esplanade/DTD area. That said, I think they need to focus some on maintenance. I have notice a drop in maintenance and cleanliness the last two times we have visited. Nothing too serious but I don't want DL going down the WDW road so before anything new is done I hope some areas of the current parks are addressed (I am looking at you Buzz Lightyear).

croboy82

I think that sooner or later a 3rd Gate could come, but maybe in about 15 years.

I like that they are fixing the two parks first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom