If you had more $ to spend would you choose a resort upgrade or extra activities?

Jess G

Thought it would be fun to hear others thoughts and preferences?

One day I want to stay in a club level room. One day I want try the deluxe dining plan. There are a ton of tours I want to try and I would LOVE an illuminations cruise. Doing all of this in one trip is obviously not realistic to the average person (like myself)

I downgraded my upcoming trip due to money (from AKL to POR) $1000 cheaper with dining plan added. When I decided to downgrade I always told myself that if money looked right I would switch back to AKL.... Now I wonder if I was to come into that extra $1000 would I switch back to AKL or add more extras? (P.S - This thread is for fun I don't have any extra money right now lol)

How would you change your trip if you had some more money to spend? :)

bee

If $1000 just materialized and the use of it was totally up to me and DW we'd probably do the responsible thing and put it on savings or pay a bit extra toward my student loans.

If someone gave us $1000 with the stipulation that it HAD to be used for Disney I would:
  • First try to extend the trip a few days,
  • Then consider a resort upgrade,
  • Then add another signature dinner or two.
My wife and I have been many times as children and adults and we are NOT park commandos. We always spend some relaxing time at the resort so the comfort level does matter to us. We usually fly Southwest so our dates are a bit flexible as far as air travel goes.

Upvote 0

Variable

I'm DVC, so we always stay at a deluxe. But, OP, don't think you can go wrong with POR. Lovely resort and if we hadn't become deluxe snobs ;-) we'd still be staying at POR.

I've stayed in a club level room at Universal (got a great deal on the room rate) and enjoyed the lounge (okay, the free beers every evening). I'd only do club level if the room rate was equal or less than a non-club level room and the corresponding dining plan (probably deluxe).

Start that bucket list and add these to it. Life is too short, so splurge occasionally. You will be much happier.

One can stay in a motel 6 and have a great DISNEY vacation. I still say spend that money on personal enrichment, not fancier wall paper.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

If we had extra money, we would make our trip longer -- spending the extra on added tickets, a longer hotel stay, and additional meals.

We don't spend enough time in our hotel to make a hotel upgrade "worth it" (at least, not compared with a longer vacation), and "upgrades" like a deluxe dining plan (we don't really want that many sit-down meals!) or Memorymaker (we own our own camera and CMs are wonderful about snapping photos with it on request) or costs-extra parties and rentals (we can't even fit in all the "included" attractions in a week-long visit) would be totally wasted on us!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Okay, if money were no object I think that I would fulfill my dream starting in 1972 to stay at the Poly. I would also like to try a stay at several of the other resorts. There are a few that hold no interest for me at all. I thought at one time that I would like to try the WL once, but this past May my son and I were traveling from MK to DS and decided to take the boat to the WL and then catch a bus. I got a clear indication of the bus service there and compared to the All Stars, FW Campground, and Pop it was ridiculous! I watched several buses stop pick up the passengers that were at the stop and pull out when people were coming down the sidewalk waving to them and they had less than 25 yards to the bus door. I know that the buses run on a schedule but it had not been at the stop for more than 1 minute when this occurred. We also sat there waiting on the bus for DS as the TV monitor kept increasing the wait time. When the bus finally showed after a 40 minute wait we did not go to DS, no..... we went to the Contempory resort and filled the bus before going to DS via Timbuktu. So that resort is off the list.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom