If you had more $ to spend would you choose a resort upgrade or extra activities?

Jess G

Thought it would be fun to hear others thoughts and preferences?

One day I want to stay in a club level room. One day I want try the deluxe dining plan. There are a ton of tours I want to try and I would LOVE an illuminations cruise. Doing all of this in one trip is obviously not realistic to the average person (like myself)

I downgraded my upcoming trip due to money (from AKL to POR) $1000 cheaper with dining plan added. When I decided to downgrade I always told myself that if money looked right I would switch back to AKL.... Now I wonder if I was to come into that extra $1000 would I switch back to AKL or add more extras? (P.S - This thread is for fun I don't have any extra money right now lol)

How would you change your trip if you had some more money to spend? :)

Much-Pixie-Dust

Wild africa Trek is on my bucket list :)
You will love it! It was the highlight of our trip. It's the best tour/extra experience we have ever done, and we have done several of them. The animal encounters are great. The food and eating at the Boma in the middle of the savanna was amazing. They take tons of pictures, and they are included in the tour. It's simply a wonderful experience.

Upvote 0

21stamps

I agree with the others who said that it completely depends on your vacation style.
If you do a resort day then the upgrade would make a lot of sense. I just recently learned that AKL had so many daily activities..most are "free"! My kid doesn't meet the age limit for the safari, or we would definitely be doing that as well!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm DVC, so we always stay at a deluxe. But, OP, don't think you can go wrong with POR. Lovely resort and if we hadn't become deluxe snobs ;-) we'd still be staying at POR.

I've stayed in a club level room at Universal (got a great deal on the room rate) and enjoyed the lounge (okay, the free beers every evening). I'd only do club level if the room rate was equal or less than a non-club level room and the corresponding dining plan (probably deluxe).

Start that bucket list and add these to it. Life is too short, so splurge occasionally. You will be much happier.

Upvote 0

Simba's Mom

Depends on where I was staying before I found the extra money. If original plans were for a value, I'd definitely upgrade to a moderate resort, specifically POR. But I wouldn't pay extra to upgrade from a moderate to a deluxe, although I like deluxe resorts. POR is beautiful. I'd do extra activities, buy extra souvenirs, or eat at fancier restaurants (maybe the California Grill Brunch).

Upvote 0

Variable

the backstage tours since they interest you

You can find much better hotels and food in many places around the world, even outside the gates of WDW, but backstage tours of Disney parks only happen AT Disney parks.

The tours will enrich your knowledge, your spirit.

Upvote 0

NonnaT

My opinion isn't worth anything because we always stay in our motorhome at Fort Wilderness, but I would be inclined to splurge on a monorail resort.....

My trips to WDW have a very rigid park commando pattern, so I could see a monorail resort just helping me get an extra 30 - 60 minutes of sleep every day.

Rope drop
Quick service breakfast
Rides, rides, rides
Quick service lunch
All the rides
Table dinner
More rides please
Fireworks
Drop dead in motorhome bed
Repeat
Funny!

Upvote 0

NonnaT

We do something extra special each trip...
DH and I have done the KTTK tour, Segways at Epcot (so happy we did it when we did, they no longer offer it! Seeing WS at 7 am without another soul there was amazing!), and fireworks parties.
We almost always go during free dining and upgrade to deluxe (DH is a true Disney character and restaurant lover).
This time we have an Illuminations Cruise booked. Not sure yet if we are going to offer to.share yet or not. lol
So, long story, we usually go for the experiences.
Although, to be honest, if we were only able to afford a value I would definitely upgrade to a mod. We love CBR with all our cold New England hearts!

Upvote 0

Disney4family

You will love it! It was the highlight of our trip. It's the best tour/extra experience we have ever done, and we have done several of them. The animal encounters are great. The food and eating at the Boma in the middle of the savanna was amazing. They take tons of pictures, and they are included in the tour. It's simply a wonderful experience.
I second this! We LOVED this tour! :) The CMs were outstanding!! The kids used the pictures on our Christmas card this year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom