If you had $200 of free money to spend at WDW...

seahawk7

I sincerely hope that I don't come off as sounding sanctimonious with this post, but here goes.

If I had $200.00 of free money while at Disney World, I think that I would enjoy nothing better than to find a family within any given restaurant that looked as though they made it there financially by the skin on their teeth. I would then go to their server and pay their bill without their knowledge. The remainder of the day would no longer matter to me.
Great I will give you my itinerary.

JIMINYCR

Treat myself to a tour that I havent been on yet, buy some extra pins that I could add to my collection, or consider buying a Disney collectible statue.

COrunner

I would do the explore the living sea tour. Always wanted to take part in a dive within the tanks.

Then I would take whatever is left, walk into the main street candy shop and make it rain! Chewy spree and sour flavored sugar powder for errrrybody!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've always wanted to "Dine with a Disney Imagineer" where guests reserve this special luncheon package. A Disney Imagineer has lunch with a small group of people in a private dining area, at either the Hollywood Brown Derby, or at Flying Fish (Boardwalk area). The Imagineer discusses some of the creative processes involved in their work. This experience sounds fascinating, and I would definitely use the money for that! :)

Matt_Black

I've always wanted to "Dine with a Disney Imagineer" where guests reserve this special luncheon package. A Disney Imagineer has lunch with a small group of people in a private dining area, at either the Hollywood Brown Derby, or at Flying Fish (Boardwalk area). The Imagineer discusses some of the creative processes involved in their work. This experience sounds fascinating, and I would definitely use the money for that! :)

My sister's friend actually did this on their trip over the summer; she said it was quite enjoyable and informative.

disneyfirstLJ

I actually had this happen for my upcoming trip in April. My grandmother cashed in her Disney rewards points from her Disney Visa and sent me the rewards card to use toward something on our trip as a surprise. Super nice of her and we are so grateful! I am using the money to pay for our meals at our three dining reservations (Be Our Guest, Afternoon Tea at the GF and Beaches and Cream). My daughter and I can now order whatever we want and not worry about the bill. Our trip is off to a magical start already.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I think I'd treat myself to a spa day at Grand Floridian.
I hate to burst your bubble, but $200 will barely pay for a mani/pedi for two people. I treated my daughter and me to a mani/pedi and a facial and my bill was nearly $600! Yikes! :eek: But well worth it after seeing the enormous smile on my daughter's face - and her nails looked nice, too. :)
Me? I'd spend the $200 on some nice Disney art work or figurines at Arribas Brothers. Or buy that Belle & Beast figurine my daughter keeps eyeing at the gift shop next to Gaston's Tavern.

NelsonRD

I would go back to where I got the first $200 of free money and get some more. After a few days of this, I would book my bungalow....

Missymoe4

I hate to burst your bubble, but $200 will barely pay for a mani/pedi for two people. I treated my daughter and me to a mani/pedi and a facial and my bill was nearly $600! Yikes! :eek: But well worth it after seeing the enormous smile on my daughter's face - and her nails looked nice, too. :)
Me? I'd spend the $200 on some nice Disney art work or figurines at Arribas Brothers. Or buy that Belle & Beast figurine my daughter keeps eyeing at the gift shop next to Gaston's Tavern.

Wait, what kind of mani/pedi for $600? What did you get, exactly??

LAKid53

Premium Member
Wait, what kind of mani/pedi for $600? What did you get, exactly??

The cheapest manicure at Senses at GF is $55 and the cheapest pedicure is $80/person; add either $20 or $30 if you want gel polish. The cheapest facial is $150/person. So for two people, including tax and gratuity (yes, they add the 18% gratuity to your bill), my bill (paid in advance) was $570 BEFORE taxes and gratuity....we didn't do the gel polish.

We got the Relax manicure and pedicure and the Beyond Organic Facial. Costly, but so very nice. And the facial? The best I've ever had. My skin felt so soft for days after.

But nothing beats the smile on your daughter's face... :D

Missymoe4

The cheapest manicure at Senses at GF is $55 and the cheapest pedicure is $80/person; add either $20 or $30 if you want gel polish. The cheapest facial is $150/person. So for two people, including tax and gratuity (yes, they add the 18% gratuity to your bill), my bill (paid in advance) was $570 BEFORE taxes and gratuity....we didn't do the gel polish.

We got the Relax manicure and pedicure and the Beyond Organic Facial. Costly, but so very nice. And the facial? The best I've ever had. My skin felt so soft for days after.

But nothing beats the smile on your daughter's face... :D

I understand...

I misread that you got a facial, too. Whoops!

LAKid53

Premium Member
I understand...

I misread that you got a facial, too. Whoops!

Still, it's expensive for just two treatments. I can get a 1/2 day spa treatment at my local spa for around the same price - mani/pedi, facial and massage. But then it doesn't have the same cache as Senses at the Grand Floridian. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom