If you could ride only one extinct WDW attraction...

Gooch

Alien Encounter!

It's really the only ride that's been shut down that I can remember riding, unless you count the SkyCarts.

Goofnut1980

Those boats that took you around Magic Kingdom in front of the castle!!

psbcp1.jpg
I had NO idea there used to be boats that went around in front of the castle... Bring that back.. What an relaxing ride to see a little of the park!!! Where do you all get these pictures from the past? I LOVE it.. I have only been going since '91 and have seen my share of changes but I loved Mr. Toads Wild Ride

yankspy

I had NO idea there used to be boats that went around in front of the castle... Bring that back.. What an relaxing ride to see a little of the park!!! Where do you all get these pictures from the past? I LOVE it.. I have only been going since '91 and have seen my share of changes but I loved Mr. Toads Wild Ride

If you check out the last page of my photo album I have a picture of the swan boats.:wave:

As for me, it would have to be "If you had wings".

Goofnut1980

Holy Moly you have the best old pics of the parks...I saw the one from early fantasy land... I remember riding the (cant remember what it was called) ride that took you from the edge of Fantasy Land to Tomorrow Land with the birds eye view... Gotta love memories!

yankspy

Holy Moly you have the best old pics of the parks...I saw the one from early fantasy land... I remember riding the (cant remember what it was called) ride that took you from the edge of Fantasy Land to Tomorrow Land with the birds eye view... Gotta love memories!

Thanks. I love looking at those pics. We used to go a lot back then because my Father used to work for the airlines and he used to get a lot of disney perks. I think you are talking about the skyway. :wave:

JiminyandTink

This is a little different but I wish they didn't change the music on the Carosel of Progress. I liked the old one "Now is the time, now is the best time..."

Other than that I would say "If you had wings"

WDWFigment

Wow, the first time JII gets a "first choice" nod is page 5 of this thread. I'd always thought it and Horizons were neck and neck for most popular extinct attraction. I've also never seen so many people choose "If You Had Wings"; I don't recall ever riding on that, but now I wish I had!

Add me to the original JII list.

ctxak98

I'm not sure if you would call this an extinct attraction but I would love to ride Dinosaur the way it was when it was still Countdown to extinction. just looking at the title ctx made the ride more thrilling.
:sohappy:

Jellyfish

Erm is there any Lion King rides that aren't there anymore?

I probably wouldn't pick an extinct one, i'd go for Splash Mountain, its a longish ride as well which is cool :p

If it were and attraction it would have to be PhilharMagic

ChrisFL

Premium Member
This is a little different but I wish they didn't change the music on the Carosel of Progress. I liked the old one "Now is the time, now is the best time..."

FYI, the song they play now is actually the original song...

My ride choice is HORIZONS...beyond anything else at any of the parks, that ride changed how I thought about the potential of the future.

CThaddeus

Erm is there any Lion King rides that aren't there anymore?

Not a ride, but the Legend of the Lion King show used to be where unfortunately Philharmagic is now. Sorry, I'm just not a big Philharmagic fan. I'd rather have Lion King back...although I'd take The Mickey Mouse Revue over both of them.

Jellyfish

Not a ride, but the Legend of the Lion King show used to be where unfortunately Philharmagic is now. Sorry, I'm just not a big Philharmagic fan. I'd rather have Lion King back...although I'd take The Mickey Mouse Revue over both of them.

Cool what was the Legend of the Lion King about? Was a stage show or theatre?

KaliSplash

It was a stage show where Mickey's Philharmagic is now performed. It told the story of the movie.

The pre-show included Rafki, then you stepped into the theater. They used large puppets somewhat similiar to Voyage of the Little Mermaid, except most all of them were on sticks manipulated from below, rather than performers in black swhirliing them about. (The theater it was performed in held the old Fantasy Faire show where different audio animatronic characters popped up from beneath the stage to perform a song, thus making room for the puppeteers.)

It included video and some effects like the wind blowing and such. A really great show, I hated to see it go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom