If you could only choose two parks for a trip, which would they be and why?

KBLovedDisney

Thinking of maybe doing a very quick Disney trip at the end of summer. Why?
(1) I got sick on the previous trip with a cold/flu/sinus infection..yeah, fun.
(2) I want to get some last time rides on some classic favorites

(This trip might not even take place, but here's hoping.:))

awhit066

Tough decision. I picked MK and AK. MK because it has the most offerings and is classic Disney and AK because I am a huge animal lover and enjoy a lot of the attractions there (EE, KS, Dino, etc.) I also am looking forward to seeing the new offerings in Pandora, the TOL illumination, and possibly ROL on my next trip.

I hope you get to take your redo and stay healthy! Good luck with your decision!

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I want to add this to the thread. Do you all think it would be remotely worth it if I did HS just to do GMR one last time? Please keep in mind I will probably be doing only 2 day base tickets, no park hopping. We rode it twice back in May just because I knew the inevitable was coming, but this is the ONLY ride that I like in HS.

Don't get me wrong. RnR was cool, but late 90s cool and ToT, yeah I don't do drops. And after my hubby did ToT for the first time in May, that will be the last time. Midway Mania, meh. I can take it or leave it.
Nope, wouldn't do it just for that. DHS was a mess in June.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Eeeesh. Really? I know they were doing a lot of construction when we were there last, but the Star Wars stuff was kind of cool...
We could not get through the park at all easily. The Star Wars is fine but not worth it to me now. Until the 2 new lands open we will likely do a half day as part of a ling trip, but if we are there for just a few days that park will be left alone until 2019. We have APs so hopping is easy for us. I would not waste $100ish just on that park right now.

Upvote 0

LeighM

I want to add this to the thread. Do you all think it would be remotely worth it if I did HS just to do GMR one last time? Please keep in mind I will probably be doing only 2 day base tickets, no park hopping. We rode it twice back in May just because I knew the inevitable was coming, but this is the ONLY ride that I like in HS.

Don't get me wrong. RnR was cool, but late 90s cool and ToT, yeah I don't do drops. And after my hubby did ToT for the first time in May, that will be the last time. Midway Mania, meh. I can take it or leave it.

Personally, I wouldn't waste a park ticket on HS for just one ride. Unless you do decide to get the park hoppers after all. If you do that, then you can walk from Epcot for that one ride and then go back to Epcot :) The only time my husband and I went to HS in October was to ride TSMM, meet Olaf and Chewbacca. It was never our favorite park bc we can't do the thrill rides bc we both get motion sickness. And I can only watch a show a time or two before I'm done. So yeah HS doesn't hold much appeal for us LOL. Do you think you'll really regret it if you don't experience one last time?

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Do you think you'll really regret it if you don't experience one last time?
Hard to say actually. Through the years I noticed that they changed the theme of who was the bad guy; sometimes it was the mobster person or cowboy/cowgirl with the bank catching on fire. I honestly preferred that version but they haven't switched back to that one in a few years. If I was guaranteed to see that one, I would probably chance it. Otherwise, probably not. Rode it twice in May. Just going to miss it something fierce.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LeighM

Hard to say actually. Through the years I noticed that they changed the theme of who was the bad guy; sometimes it was the mobster person or cowboy/cowgirl with the bank catching on fire. I honestly preferred that version but they haven't switched back to that one in a few years. If I was guaranteed to see that one, I would probably chance it. Otherwise, probably not. Rode it twice in May. Just going to miss it something fierce.

I rode it for the first time in 4 years last October and I wasn't really impressed with it. I loved it our first trip but it seemed like something had changed this last time. I ended up using that time to take a nap halfway thru the ride lol.

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

As others have said, MK, because MK IS DISNEY...like driving down I-4, seeing the "Welcome to Disney World" sign, and not turning off, and I would choose Epcot for a couple of reasons...even with all the negativity, we still LOVE the park, the food, AND our favorite ride, Soarin' is there!

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If all 4 cars are operating, the first two cars will see the Western scene (bank robber) and the last two cars will see the Gangster scene. No change there.

If only 2 cars are operating (which is the case in mornings/evenings or in less crowded seasons) the Gangster scene is the default.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
If all 4 cars are operating, the first two cars will see the Western scene (bank robber) and the last two cars will see the Gangster scene. No change there.

If only 2 cars are operating (which is the case in mornings/evenings or in less crowded seasons) the Gangster scene is the default.
Wait what?? That's how they do that? Wow...

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Just an update, this redo trip ain't happening unfortunately. :( Was so hoping it would so we could at least get one last ride in UoE and most importantly GMR. But alas. After this last recent trip in May, no more munnies for vacation...
RobinHood1.gif

Upvote 0

Chaset24

I would choose Magic Kingdom and Epcot.. I feel like Magic Kingdom is Disney World in a sense and it would be a disservice to yourself not to go to it if you are going to WDW. Also, Epcot has and will always be my favorite Park.. I have a lot of wonderful family memories there and look forward to creating new memories with my wife... ;)

Upvote 0

crxbrett

MK and EC. As others have said the Magic Kingdom IS what WDW is really about. Epcot is my personal fav, though. As much as Disney has lessened the greatness of Epcot in the last 20 years, it still offers the most unique experience.

I haven't been to AK since Pandora opened, but it was a distant third along with DHS when I last visited. However, with half of DHS closed now, AK is definitely a strong 3rd with the DHS a very lowly 4th. I still can't believe Disney is shutting down TGMR before ToyStory Land opens. Seems like a really poor decision.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom