If you could only choose two parks for a trip, which would they be and why?

KBLovedDisney

Thinking of maybe doing a very quick Disney trip at the end of summer. Why?
(1) I got sick on the previous trip with a cold/flu/sinus infection..yeah, fun.
(2) I want to get some last time rides on some classic favorites

(This trip might not even take place, but here's hoping.:))

belledream

I could never go to Disney and not go to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. To me, those two hold so many of my favorite attractions, but also are the parks that I love just being there, hopping from land to land in MK and feeling totally immersed, or wandering freely around World Showcase snacking, shopping, and taking pictures.

However, the one caveat I would make is if something huge was happening that I wouldn't be able to see for a while. In that case, it would be Pandora at Animal Kingdom. I'd probably substitute Epcot for Animal Kingdom, as much as that makes me want to scream in terror! :p

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

MK and EP. But the poll only let me get one choice in. MK because its got so much variety in the lands and attractions. some great entertainment and shops.
EP because I love strolling through the countries and all they have to offer. The restaurants cant be beat. And theres MS, TT, Soarin, and some great entertainers.
AK and DHS still IMHO lag behind those two... despite the addition of Pandora

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Sorry to hear you were ill on your last trip. That is one of my worst nightmares!

If I had to choose two, I'd pick MK and Epcot.
I love the classic and peaceful feel of MK. I feel so at home there, love the theming of the different lands, can't go wrong with all the classic attractions, I enjoy the food options, love the train, I could go on but I'll spare you.
I also love Epcot. When I was 3 years old on my first trip, I only have memories of Epcot so it touches my heart in a special way. Love how expansive and open it is, love SSE, LWTL, love World Showcase and all the sites, sounds, smells, and Foods there.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
MK and EP. But the poll only let me get one choice in. MK because its got so much variety in the lands and attractions. some great entertainment and shops.
EP because I love strolling through the countries and all they have to offer. The restaurants cant be beat. And theres MS, TT, Soarin, and some great entertainers.
AK and DHS still IMHO lag behind those two... despite the addition of Pandora
Sorry about the one choice selection in the poll. Just fixed it! :)

Upvote 0

LeighM

I was recovering from an upper respiratory infection/pneumonia when I was at WDW in October. I was no longer contagious or sick and was finished with antibiotics but I still had that left over cough that was aggravating my asthma. It's not fun walking around the heat in that situation getting dirty looks from people who think you're spreading the plague LOL. I completely understand wanting to have a re-do :)

I would have to do MK and AK. I can't be at WDW and not go to MK - plus my husband and I both get motion sickness so that park as the most attractions we can do. And I absolutely love AK!! I love the theming and animals. I haven't done Pandora yet but that would be another reason to go. Now if there was a special event at EPCOT then I might have to get park hoppers and split the days between those 3 parks.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Sorry to hear you were ill on your last trip. That is one of my worst nightmares!
It was weird too! Like a few days before we left home, I had this odd feeling that I wasn't going to get to enjoy the trip very much. Lo and behold I got sick. Then again we were surrounded by teenagers (Cheerleading competitions were going on everywhere) and I heard a lot of coughing and sneezing going on. I felt rather bad for those cheerleaders that had to perform the next day.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Try your votes again. Sorry first time doing a poll and think I selected the wrong things!
Redone. DW was feeling ill throughout our last trip and we even had to get a prescription sent through her Dr. but even with the meds she had a less than enjoyable time. Our next trip back hopefully will make up for it. She keeps saying she wants a redo. :D:D:D

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Magic Kingdom and Epcot for us. We did a 3 day trip in March and those were the two we picked. That said AK with Pandora is worth a look and a very close third behind MK.
Sorry you were ill though. I've had horrible sinus crap while on vacation (bad sinuses + flying = congestion at times) so I feel for you.

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom and Epcot for us. We did a 3 day trip in March and those were the two we picked. That said AK with Pandora is worth a look and a very close third behind MK.
Sorry you were ill though. I've had horrible sinus crap while on vacation (bad sinuses + flying = congestion at times) so I feel for you.
Yeah, that has always been my one fear of vacations. I have had that luck with other vacations sadly. Two were beach trips: the first I had caught a nasty bug from swimming in the wonderfully cleaned hotel pool o_O and the second was supposed to be a week long beach trip where I caught the strangest virus that made me sleep through the entire vacation. Ugh, leave it to planned vacations for the worst with illnesses to happen

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Yeah, that has always been my one fear of vacations. I have had that luck with other vacations sadly. Two were beach trips: the first I had caught a nasty bug from swimming in the wonderfully cleaned hotel pool o_O and the second was supposed to be a week long beach trip where I caught the strangest virus that made me sleep through the entire vacation. Ugh, leave it to planned vacations for the worst with illnesses to happen
ugh - at least in my case they weren't viruses, but I still felt lousy at times. One trip I totally lost my voice. Yay! I travel a lot more with sudafed (the real stuff) so it hasn't happened in a while. I still worry about being sick on vacation sometimes, but figure we'll roll with it if it does happen.

Maybe I'll just stay away from beach trips as we don't do those :p

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I want to add this to the thread. Do you all think it would be remotely worth it if I did HS just to do GMR one last time? Please keep in mind I will probably be doing only 2 day base tickets, no park hopping. We rode it twice back in May just because I knew the inevitable was coming, but this is the ONLY ride that I like in HS.

Don't get me wrong. RnR was cool, but late 90s cool and ToT, yeah I don't do drops. And after my hubby did ToT for the first time in May, that will be the last time. Midway Mania, meh. I can take it or leave it.

Upvote 0

belledream

I want to add this to the thread. Do you all think it would be remotely worth it if I did HS just to do GMR one last time? Please keep in mind I will probably be doing only 2 day base tickets, no park hopping. We rode it twice back in May just because I knew the inevitable was coming, but this is the ONLY ride that I like in HS.

Don't get me wrong. RnR was cool, but late 90s cool and ToT, yeah I don't do drops. And after my hubby did ToT for the first time in May, that will be the last time. Midway Mania, meh. I can take it or leave it.
On this 2-day-only trip? I wouldn't. Great Movie Ride is nice and all, but unless you have some burning desire to do one ride over spending 50% of our trip in a different park where you most likely enjoy more than one attraction/embrace the atmosphere, I think that's a bit of a waste.

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

It depends - an adult trip or kids going? Only adults I say AK to take in the new land and second Epcot for the food. Go in September and go to the F&W. I feel the shorter the trip the more necessary the park hopper, long trips you can take your time and relax at each park short trips are see and do as much as possible.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
If it was just the wife and Init would be MK and EC. That being said, the kids always go with us so it would me MK and AK due to their wishes. It really is close for me as I love AK in the late afternoon/ evening but Epcot when it was in its full splendor was such a splendor and bit of edutainment for a more mature patron. The large scale drunken parties they host now and Future World's slow death have taken away some of its splendor.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom