If you could give one attraction one major update

Matt_Black

How about a haunted mansion make over, modernize every scene, have some genuine scares, and add more walking scenes/sets. But keep the classic ghost host voice and theme.

batmanmansion.jpg

Maddie Terwilliger

I am a huge Pirates of the Caribbean ride fan... however the day I saw a video of Disneyland's Pirates I was crushed at how much better their Pirates was than ours. AND THEN, Shanghai's Pirates just blows everybody out of the water :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
jhfgdfs.jpg

However, I would love if they added something new and more high tech to our pirates. Compared to Disneyland and Shanghai... WDW's pirates is lacking :hilarious:.

And I do know about the new auction scene with the Redhead now as a pirate and stuff, but I want more. Maybe a new scene or something I dont know. However, I know they won't add anything too drastic because it is a classic ride and a lot of older Disney fans would be furious if they tweeked anything too much.:banghead:

kjb101791

I can't believe nobody has said the the last scene in Carousel of Progress. That was my immediate thought. Also, (sleeper) American Adventure needs and upgrade. Nothing is wrong with it other than it being not that good.

Spike-in-Berlin

I can't believe nobody has said the the last scene in Carousel of Progress. That was my immediate thought. Also, (sleeper) American Adventure needs and upgrade. Nothing is wrong with it other than it being not that good.

Problem with COP, it's just not enough any more to just change the last scene (why the last one BTW?). You have to adjust the entire attraction, the span between scene 3 and 4 is becoming ridiculous long. First we have the 1900s, then we have the 1920ies, then the 1940ies and then, what? We jump something like 80 years or more into the future? They have to change the entire concept, make bigger jumps in time and forget about the host being always the same person, it's impossible or how old does he get, 150?. 1900 first, then the 1950ies with a lot of new technology including television, here we see the first host for the last time, then the 1980ies with the beginning of the modern computer age (the host from the first two scenes is seen on a picture on the wall, the late grampa) and finally the 2010s with the net, mobile telecommunication etc. etc. with a second host, for the last two scenes. Or instead bulldoze the entire thing for another major TL attraction.:D

rob0519

Just throw that ride in the trash where it belongs!

Seriously though, I would attempt to fix the ending of Spaceship Earth- no more cruddy flash animated future selection, just that beautiful classic descent.

I disagree. I think a major refurb of the Speedway to use some sort of hybrid vehicle would be a great thing. The wait time for this attraction is always long because it gives the little ones a chance to think they're doing what so many of us do every day: drive.

rob0519

It's hard to pick just one when so many could use updating, after our last visit, I would have to agree the rapids could use a complete overhaul and lengthening if they have the space.

kjb101791

Problem with COP, it's just not enough any more to just change the last scene (why the last one BTW?). You have to adjust the entire attraction, the span between scene 3 and 4 is becoming ridiculous long. First we have the 1900s, then we have the 1920ies, then the 1940ies and then, what? We jump something like 80 years or more into the future? They have to change the entire concept, make bigger jumps in time and forget about the host being always the same person, it's impossible or how old does he get, 150?. 1900 first, then the 1950ies with a lot of new technology including television, here we see the first host for the last time, then the 1980ies with the beginning of the modern computer age (the host from the first two scenes is seen on a picture on the wall, the late grampa) and finally the 2010s with the net, mobile telecommunication etc. etc. with a second host, for the last two scenes. Or instead bulldoze the entire thing for another major TL attraction.:D
Nah. The point of the attraction was how the same family may live at different times throughout history. They don't necessarily have to hit every decade.

admiral-ari-x

I disagree. I think a major refurb of the Speedway to use some sort of hybrid vehicle would be a great thing. The wait time for this attraction is always long because it gives the little ones a chance to think they're doing what so many of us do every day: drive.

In all my time on this forum, I've never seen anyone try to defend this ride... hats off to you! You've got a good point there, I'm just jaded from driving in real cars and tired of loud gassy vehicles in the parks :confused: A hybrid would help things out, though I still think the space could be utilized a tad better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom