If I could improve Walt Disney World....

brb1006

For some reason while not related to attractions, I'm going to bet that Zootopia would have a good presentation at Animal Kingdom or the Magic Kingdom in the future. But we'll have to wait and see how the film does.

spacemt354

Chili's
For some reason while not related to attractions, I'm going to bet that Zootopia would have a good presentation at Animal Kingdom or the Magic Kingdom in the future. But we'll have to wait and see how the film does.
Could be.

My guess was actually a renovated Animation Courtyard. While it probably would not happen Disney has hit on some winners the last few years...Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, now maybe Zootopia...they could really build up that area of the park but based on their current direction that probably won't happen.

mharrington

Hopefully if the reboot of DuckTales returns to television in the future. You might get even more good ideas. I forgot what year its suppose to air I'm guessing sometime in 2017 or 2018.

Probably 2017. But I'm a little uncomfortable about the ride likely to get too dated too fast. Look at Gadget's Go Coaster for instance.

I think it's a nice combination of two extinct areas. Mickey's "Star" land and Mickey's Toon "town" Fair.

Have you had any more ideas for this? So far it's looking good.

Thanks. Theme-wise, I'm trying to also take some inspiration from Mickey Avenue at Shanghai Disneyland. I'm also thinking of having there be something called Mickos Park ("Mickos" is a combination of "Mickey" and "Oswald"). In the center is a statue, similar to Cornelius Coot in Starland/Toontown Fair, but with Mickey and Oswald that says "Our Founders". This is actually akin to Hong Kong's Fantasy Gardens, with meet-n-greets with other Disney characters.

I'm also trying to think of ways to ease the transition from Frontierland to Mickey's Startown. One thing I was thinking of was bringing back the statues of characters from the Animal Kingdom's long-gone Camp Minnie-Mickey, but I don't know if they've scrapped them when they shut down that land. In any case, they look like these:

3b3f571d50dc8e28129642caba58f579.jpg

camp-minnie-mickey.jpg

But like I said, I'm not sure if they've been scrapped or even if they would fit thematically in this area.

spacemt354

Chili's
Probably 2017. But I'm a little uncomfortable about the ride likely to get too dated too fast. Look at Gadget's Go Coaster for instance.

Thanks. Theme-wise, I'm trying to also take some inspiration from Mickey Avenue at Shanghai Disneyland. I'm also thinking of having there be something called Mickos Park ("Mickos" is a combination of "Mickey" and "Oswald"). In the center is a statue, similar to Cornelius Coot in Starland/Toontown Fair, but with Mickey and Oswald that says "Our Founders". This is actually akin to Hong Kong's Fantasy Gardens, with meet-n-greets with other Disney characters.

I'm also trying to think of ways to ease the transition from Frontierland to Mickey's Startown. One thing I was thinking of was bringing back the statues of characters from the Animal Kingdom's long-gone Camp Minnie-Mickey, but I don't know if they've scrapped them when they shut down that land. In any case, they look like these:

3b3f571d50dc8e28129642caba58f579.jpg

camp-minnie-mickey.jpg

But like I said, I'm not sure if they've been scrapped or even if they would fit thematically in this area.
I think that could definitely fit in a transition type area from Frontierland to Startown...a little easter egg of sorts for what's to come!

DisneyManOne

Could be.

My guess was actually a renovated Animation Courtyard. While it probably would not happen Disney has hit on some winners the last few years...Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, now maybe Zootopia...they could really build up that area of the park but based on their current direction that probably won't happen.

Maybe when Star Wars Launch Bay closes (after all, it's meant to be a placeholder until Star Wars Land opens), a new version of The Magic of Disney Animation could open, like maybe something along the lines of California Adventure's Animation building.
Hollywood-Land-2.jpg

aoa037177SMALL.jpg

DisneyManOne

Oh, and I was just thinking. I'd really like to see something like this happen at the Studios. You see, a long time ago, 2001 to be exact, an idea was posted on this very forum. This idea regarded the addition of a new area at the then-called MGM Studios themed around one of childhood's most well-known films: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.

I really like this idea, and I really hope that this could come to fruition. I mean, if Universal got permission from Warner Bros. to make Hogwarts come to life, I'm sure Disney could get permission from Warner Bros. to make a dream come true for many guests. I mean, how many people have dreamed about actually stepping inside Willy Wonka's chocolate factory? Let's not waste another moment.

I'd have this area take up a bit of the "Phase 3" space. It wouldn't be too large, just small enough to feature a small candy shop, a play area and a giant dark ride. You know that small firehouse nearby the soon-to-be-removed Premiere Theatre? Well, I'd turn that into Bill's candy shop, where kids of all ages can get all those "scrumdiddlyumptious" Willy Wonka candies (of course, I'm referring to all those Nestle candies that are marketed under the Wonka brand).

Now, of course, you'd enter the factory itself underneath those big iron gates.
wonka-300x207.jpg
I'd give this area a bit of backstory: this would all take place after the movie. Charlie has just been announced that he will be Wonka's heir. To celebrate, the factory gates will be opened and all who come to this land where movies come to life can come inside the factory and explore. Once through the doors and through the factory's entrance hallway, you'll find "little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous." One room leads to a children's play area. This play area would look like a candy production center, and there'd be a huge ball pit, slides and nets to crawl on. Pipes would empty the "candy" balls into the pit, making it seem as though kids are playing in a big candy vault. There would be towers that kids could climb on and shoot the balls at other kids--softly of course--and so and and so forth.

Now, one thing that Hollywood Studios doesn't really have these days is a water-based ride. That's where the dark ride comes into play. This dark ride--a water-based dark ride, like Pirates of the Caribbean or "it's a small world"--would be a tour of the factory, taking guests past all the rooms seen in the movie. Naturally, since this area would be in the timeframe of taking place after the events of the movie, you won't see any of the characters around, except for maybe the Oompa-Loompas, who would be seen working, and Willy Wonka and Charlie could possibly do a narration for the ride.

Of course, the boats guests ride on would resemble the S.S. Wonkatania.
525d8-theboatridee28093williewonkathechocolatefactory281971.jpg
Just imagine what the ride would be like--sailing through a giant replica of the Chocolate Room along the chocolate river...
willywonka-06.jpg
...the tunnel at the end not leading to sheer, child-traumatizing terror, but to the Inventing Room, where all the machines hum and churn, making all-new candies...
article-2511452-0008738E00000258-366_634x462.jpg
...passing by the wall of Lickable Wallpaper, through the Fizzy-Lifting Drink Room, where bubbles fill your field of vision as they float up to the sky, through the Egg Room, where giant geese lay chocolate Easter eggs...
scientist-debunks-willy-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-ruins-your-childhood
...and through the Wonkavision Room, where Wonka demonstrates his high-tech way of television advertising.
41487fc9443ba9db46d85217d0a5716b.jpg
After passing through the Wonkavision Room, guests would be invited to step off the boat and take a ride on the Wonkavator. The Wonkavator simulators would look similar to the Wonkavator in the film, but big enough to hold all the guests that the boats would hold. Anyways, the Wonkavator would start to shake and then it would shoot up in the air, and the screens in the simulator would show you bursting through the roof and soaring high above the park below. After a few moments of being "up in the air", the Wonkavator would come down, and Wonka and Charlie would thank you for visiting the factory, and you'd exit.

What do you all think? I think this idea is a really good one, and I have to give all credit to "Chad", the man who first came up with it. I don't know what Disney plans to do regarding Phase 3, but I think this would work well as part of that phase. It'd all be worth it to bring this "world of pure imagination" to life like never before.

The90skid

Oh, and I was just thinking. I'd really like to see something like this happen at the Studios. You see, a long time ago, 2001 to be exact, an idea was posted on this very forum. This idea regarded the addition of a new area at the then-called MGM Studios themed around one of childhood's most well-known films: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.

I really like this idea, and I really hope that this could come to fruition. I mean, if Universal got permission from Warner Bros. to make Hogwarts come to life, I'm sure Disney could get permission from Warner Bros. to make a dream come true for many guests. I mean, how many people have dreamed about actually stepping inside Willy Wonka's chocolate factory? Let's not waste another moment.

I'd have this area take up a bit of the "Phase 3" space. It wouldn't be too large, just small enough to feature a small candy shop, a play area and a giant dark ride. You know that small firehouse nearby the soon-to-be-removed Premiere Theatre? Well, I'd turn that into Bill's candy shop, where kids of all ages can get all those "scrumdiddlyumptious" Willy Wonka candies (of course, I'm referring to all those Nestle candies that are marketed under the Wonka brand).

Now, of course, you'd enter the factory itself underneath those big iron gates.
wonka-300x207.jpg
I'd give this area a bit of backstory: this would all take place after the movie. Charlie has just been announced that he will be Wonka's heir. To celebrate, the factory gates will be opened and all who come to this land where movies come to life can come inside the factory and explore. Once through the doors and through the factory's entrance hallway, you'll find "little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous." One room leads to a children's play area. This play area would look like a candy production center, and there'd be a huge ball pit, slides and nets to crawl on. Pipes would empty the "candy" balls into the pit, making it seem as though kids are playing in a big candy vault. There would be towers that kids could climb on and shoot the balls at other kids--softly of course--and so and and so forth.

Now, one thing that Hollywood Studios doesn't really have these days is a water-based ride. That's where the dark ride comes into play. This dark ride--a water-based dark ride, like Pirates of the Caribbean or "it's a small world"--would be a tour of the factory, taking guests past all the rooms seen in the movie. Naturally, since this area would be in the timeframe of taking place after the events of the movie, you won't see any of the characters around, except for maybe the Oompa-Loompas, who would be seen working, and Willy Wonka and Charlie could possibly do a narration for the ride.

Of course, the boats guests ride on would resemble the S.S. Wonkatania.
525d8-theboatridee28093williewonkathechocolatefactory281971.jpg
Just imagine what the ride would be like--sailing through a giant replica of the Chocolate Room along the chocolate river...
willywonka-06.jpg
...the tunnel at the end not leading to sheer, child-traumatizing terror, but to the Inventing Room, where all the machines hum and churn, making all-new candies...
article-2511452-0008738E00000258-366_634x462.jpg
...passing by the wall of Lickable Wallpaper, through the Fizzy-Lifting Drink Room, where bubbles fill your field of vision as they float up to the sky, through the Egg Room, where giant geese lay chocolate Easter eggs...
scientist-debunks-willy-wonka-the-chocolate-factory-ruins-your-childhood
...and through the Wonkavision Room, where Wonka demonstrates his high-tech way of television advertising.
41487fc9443ba9db46d85217d0a5716b.jpg
After passing through the Wonkavision Room, guests would be invited to step off the boat and take a ride on the Wonkavator. The Wonkavator simulators would look similar to the Wonkavator in the film, but big enough to hold all the guests that the boats would hold. Anyways, the Wonkavator would start to shake and then it would shoot up in the air, and the screens in the simulator would show you bursting through the roof and soaring high above the park below. After a few moments of being "up in the air", the Wonkavator would come down, and Wonka and Charlie would thank you for visiting the factory, and you'd exit.

What do you all think? I think this idea is a really good one, and I have to give all credit to "Chad", the man who first came up with it. I don't know what Disney plans to do regarding Phase 3, but I think this would work well as part of that phase. It'd all be worth it to bring this "world of pure imagination" to life like never before.

Absolutely, man, you always have such great ideas!

spacemt354

Chili's
i drew what rumors i heard and what would work well in the park too for disney hollywood studios. What do you guys think?
PBEU3Bh.png
Nice first post and welcome!

That's quite the expansion. My one thing would be to perhaps move Indy next to Star Wars instead of in-between Monsters Inc and Cars Land. But other that ...it's pretty cool!

deere839

^I wasn't sure what to put there that's why I left it there plus not sure if there was enough room in the other area also we got rides all over the place with the same theme like finding nemo is everywhere lol also thanks!

spacemt354

Chili's
^I wasn't sure what to put there that's why I left it there plus not sure if there was enough room in the other area also we got rides all over the place with the same theme like finding nemo is everywhere lol also thanks!
You got it! It's a nice design...and one I actually haven't seen before, so kudos!:D

DisneyManOne

I just got another idea. You know how the ABC Sound Studio at Hollywood Studios just sits there, pretty much useless? Well, I've got an idea. Does anyone remember that old CD-ROM game The D Show?

Well, I'd adapt that into a real-life game show that's fun for the whole family, and have it be played inside the former ABC Sound Studio building.

So, what exactly is The D Show, you may ask? Simple. The D Show is a trivia game show that spans the Disney lexicon. Now, the original D Show game came out in 1998 (Mulan being the most current film represented in the game), but this show would have an updated lexicon to include the more recent Disney films (In this case, pretty much every film that was released after Mulan would be featured in the game.). For a brief example of how the game would work, check out these videos:

My vision of the stage would more than likely look like the backgrounds in the game. The sides of the stage would be flanked with that thing that's located to the left during the category parts. Anyways, the show would begin with the theme song (which can be heard in the video at the start of this post).

Then, the "host(ess) with the most(ess)" would come out and introduce the contestants. There are 2 rounds to the game, each one going through three of six categories. Each category has three questions to it. The three contestants, designated by the colored-ring around their name tags, as well as the color of their buzzer--will attempt to be the first to answer the question. Whomever answers it will be the first who presses their buzzer after the question has been asked. Standing to the left of the stage is the "D-Buck" spinner (which denotes how many D-Bucks the question is worth--1000 to 6000) as well as a screen for video questions. The videos would also be played on a big screen behind the stage.

Anyways, after the first or second categories in each round, a bonus round will be played. There are six different bonus rounds.
  • Casting Call: Ten squares are shown. One by one, they'll flip around to reveal a character from a Disney movie or TV show. When the contestants think they know which show the characters are from, they'll buzz in and make the call before the 10-second clock runs out. The sooner you answer, the more D-Bucks you earn. If you can't, the game continues until someone else answers correctly, or until the complete cast is revealed. There are three casting calls per bonus round.
  • Character Mix-Ups: This is a dizzying game for sure! Contestants are faced with three character wheels, each one with a different part on it--one featuring heads, one torsos and the last legs. The character wheels will spin, and the contestants will have to figure out which character can be pieced together. If the contestant thinks he knows, he'll buzz in and attempt to piece the character together. If the contestant can do it before the clock runs out, the D-Bucks are his, but if not, it's anyone's chance to steal. There are three mix-ups in each round.
  • Fast Focus: Contestants are presented with a blurry, twisted, out-of-focus picture of someone or something very Disney. If the contestant can figure out who or what the picture is of, he'll buzz in and quickly choose the correct answer. The faster you buzz in and answer correctly, the more D-Bucks you'll get. If you can't focus fast enough, anyone can steal. There are three images per round.
  • Before & After: In this round, contestants are presented with early concept drawings of Disney characters or attractions next to pictures of the way they turned out. The pictures will keep changing automatically, so if they can spot a perfect match, they'll buzz in as quickly as they can.. A match wins 1000 D-Bucks, but a mismatch costs them 1000 D-Bucks.
  • Cel-O-Vision: This'll put animation buffs to the test. In this game, contestants will have to match the character cel on the left to the background painting on the right. The cels keep changing automatically, so you have to be quick. Winning matches earn contestants 1000 D-Bucks, but mismatches cost them 1000 D-Bucks.
  • Picture Perfect: This game puts contestants up against one of the scariest brain-benders of all: an 8-square slider puzzle! There are three pictures per round, and all of them are themed to one Disney movie. The puzzle will solve itself automatically, but if the contestants think they can solve it before the puzzle can--and in 30 seconds--they'll hit the buzzer and slide the pieces together. If they can complete the puzzle before time runs out, they'll win the D-Bucks. And the faster they solve it, the more D-bucks they'll earn. Important Note: If the contestants buzz in as the last piece slides into place, they must move the piece right, then left (or up or down or whatever) in order to win the D-Bucks. No freebies in this round.
Whomever has the most D-Bucks at the end of the second round is declared the winner. But, don't start celebrating just yet--there's still one more challenge the contestant has to face: the D-Fibulator!

Here, the contestant will be faced with 15 Disney facts, and they'll have 60 seconds to decide which ones are true and which ones are false. They'll have to press two buzzers: a blue one for true and a red one for false. Correct answers earn the contestant 2000 D-Bucks, but incorrect answers will cost them 2000 D-Bucks.

I have no idea what the grand prize will be, but if you have any ideas, let me know.

Well, there we have it--The D Show! What do you guys think?

KingMickey

In the Parks
Yes
I loved the D Show computer game! I think it was also be a nice fit in DHS as a nice interactive game show. It wouldn't be the first time either that DHS has created attractions out of televised game shows what with Who Wants to be A Millionaire and the American Idol Experience, so I think a D Show inspired game show would work really well in that park.

mharrington

I loved the D Show computer game! I think it was also be a nice fit in DHS as a nice interactive game show. It wouldn't be the first time either that DHS has created attractions out of televised game shows what with Who Wants to be A Millionaire and the American Idol Experience, so I think a D Show inspired game show would work really well in that park.

Hey, @KingMickey! Welcome back! And yeah, I liked to play "The D Show", too. Perhaps it could be combined with a revival of the old Disney Channel show "Contraption":

spacemt354

Chili's
Perusing the forums I've noticed that this is one of...if not the longest running thread in the Imagineering section! There's great concepts in here dating back over 10 years. And poised with such a simple question, if I could improve Walt Disney World, - it would be fun if we could all carry on the tradition and keep this thread rolling into the future. :)

With that said - I have a question:

If you could improve one aspect of WDW's Fantasyland - what would it be?

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Perusing the forums I've noticed that this is one of...if not the longest running thread in the Imagineering section! There's great concepts in here dating back over 10 years. And poised with such a simple question, if I could improve Walt Disney World, - it would be fun if we could all carry on the tradition and keep this thread rolling into the future. :)

With that said - I have a question:

If you could improve one aspect of WDW's Fantasyland - what would it be?

Bulldoze the Tomorrowland Speedway, and replace it with an Alice in Wonderland subland. Maybe you could have a trackless E-ticket as the headliner..

spacemt354

Chili's
For me, if I could change one thing in Fantasyland, although this probably would never happen - it would be the facade of it's a small world

s_a_Small_World_-_IMG_1746.JPG

Out of all the small worlds in Disney Parks - this facade is by far the least appealing. And it's crammed into a narrow section of Fantasyland.

And the Mary Blair inspired facade that is made famous in the other renditions - such as Disneyland's, is smaller and indoors
Its-A-Small-World_Full_12111.jpg

So while I can't change it's location, I would take the roof off, have the queue be outdoors - it kinda is already because it's an open breezeway from Fantasyland into the load area. Adding some shrubbery and greenery to blend in sorta with the Tangled restrooms.

Then I'd enclose the load area with a roof and walls of the Mary Blair art facade - so that the ride can function in the rain. And then lastly the facade in the back would be enlarged to something relative to the other renditions.
Image2.jpg

The viewing area from the Pinocchio Village Haus can still be in tact - it will now just be looking at a grander facade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom